• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins has to PROVE more! Sorry but the clock starts now...

JTB

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I agree year 1 he was so much better. Let's hope you are right and we see more year 1 more than year 2.  This roster has a chance but if we start seeing those wierd line ups become the norm again, schlenks has to act and act quickly!

He was awful last year, as much as I had excused him due to Travis roster, he too took a major step back and didn't look like the creative coach he was in year 1. Steve Kerr had an awful squad too but I saw more cohesion from the Warriors than the Hawks last year. If LP is a upgrade from his year 1 self, I think we got a chance to be special. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was awful last year, as much as I had excused him due to Travis roster, he too took a major step back and didn't look like the creative coach he was in year 1. Steve Kerr had an awful squad too but I saw more cohesion from the Warriors than the Hawks last year. If LP is a upgrade from his year 1 self, I think we got a chance to be special. 

Agreed!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

LP really gets too much negative feedback on here. He literally won us games with his coaching in year one. Had some of the most creative actions in year one. He looked like a rising star. Last year, we completed tanked the roster. He should be back to his rookie year and even better. We can't make excuses all day for JC, Trae, and not extend that same courtesy to LP.

I give him a pass for his first two years given the growth of our young players and the woeful vets on the roster.  This year, however, he has a full cupboard.  It is sink or swim time for LP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

This clown is starting to get on my nerves!  I don't know what his beef is with Collins but this is his 3rd video claiming Collins will be traded for nothing or some goofing trade for Harden. Even @NBASupes takes on John aren't this bad

Watched a minute or two from the first garbage trade and closed the video sad that I boosted his view count.  Garbage.  Ignore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

This clown is starting to get on my nerves!  I don't know what his beef is with Collins but this is his 3rd video claiming Collins will be traded for nothing or some goofing trade for Harden. Even @NBASupes takes on John aren't this bad

after the first Harden trade ...

tenor.gif

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Someone send this article to John.

I think he's aware of areas he needs to improve. I remember @NBASupes wanted him to improve his three point variety and also converting them while contested. In his interview John actually said he was working on those things as well as his playmaking and defense. 

I'm rooting for him to make those adjustments. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 11/27/2020 at 8:59 AM, NBASupes said:

Ball is in LPs court no question. I great coach would do wonders with the current team and anything less than a playoff berth barring some major injuries would be inexcusable. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Ball is in LPs court no question. I great coach would do wonders with the current team and anything less than a playoff berth barring some major injuries would be inexcusable. 

I agree.  We have way too much talent to not make the playoffs this year.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I agree.  We have way too much talent to not make the playoffs this year.

Question: so say we end up with 8th seed which normally would be automatic playoffs, but now with the play in games, the Hawks get knocked out...how do we reconcile the whole 'playoff' scenario? And what it means as a successful 'playoff' year?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Question: so say we end up with 8th seed which normally would be automatic playoffs, but now with the play in games, the Hawks get knocked out...how do we reconcile the whole 'playoff' scenario? And what it means as a successful 'playoff' year?

I feel that it would be a failure based on our goals and the money the FO put into team construction and our talent level.

• Like 1