• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

😂

It's just for the wangs, bro.  The wangs. 🤓

And on Keldon J., I do recall you being high on him.  I say that just because I know you deserve credit, certainly not because I don't need somebody digging up my comments from that draft. 😁

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

So nobody wants to give credit to Spud for the Keldon Johnson rise huh 🤔?

You all want me to start digging for posts from that kid’s draft? Praise or I dig! 😡 

wildcatlogo1.gif?w=604

Go Spud!  Go Cats!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This tells me that the hawks management aka Schlenk obviously sees 1 & 2 (in no order) Edwards and Ball.

Typically I believe everything Chris puts out there but there’s no way this is the hawks big board order.  Lol however what he says about each player I do believe..just don’t believe the players after Edwards are in that order just my opinion...

futuermore it’s pretty evident (at least to me) that if the hawks get the first pick they see Edwards as a perfect fit next to trae. If the main concerns are just about Edwards fully committing to defense...that’s not going to turn them away from drafting him. You should have faith in your head coach and coaching staff to get full commitment on defense from all your players. Also Edwards don’t have to worry about being secondary to Trae because if he’s drafted to Atlanta he’s already well aware who’s team it is.

i have no real alarming concerns with Edwards at all. I think his style will fit with trae and the rest of this team even if it’s not necessarily perfect the talent and potential of that backcourt duo is so high we won’t notice it’s not a perfect fit as they get more seasoned together .

Hopefully we get the first pick for once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JTB said:

You said it guy. The NBA loves to have stories about guys from their area staying in their area, keep ant 🐜 man home grown. We doin this home grown thing with all our young dudes anyways, Adam Silver and the NBA Gods should allow us this #1 for once...or in a long while once..etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I say that just because I know you deserve credit, certainly not because I don't need somebody digging up my comments from that draft. 😁

Well thanks for at least not being a sideline hater and remembering who liked whom all except for my picks.. (cough cough) no names. Gump on! 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

This tells me that the hawks management aka Schlenk obviously sees 1 & 2 (in no order) Edwards and Ball.

Typically I believe everything Chris puts out there but there’s no way this is the hawks big board order.  Lol however what he says about each player I do believe..just don’t believe the players after Edwards are in that order just my opinion...

I don't think that this is the Atlanta Hawks order, I think Kirschner's opinions/analysis is also factored in. He did say this:

But after a few conversations with some sources and draft experts and through my own analysis of what the Hawks need to add to their roster, this is the first edition of the team’s big board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

futuermore it’s pretty evident (at least to me) that if the hawks get the first pick they see Edwards as a perfect fit next to trae. If the main concerns are just about Edwards fully committing to defense...that’s not going to turn them away from drafting him. You should have faith in your head coach and coaching staff to get full commitment on defense from all your players. Also Edwards don’t have to worry about being secondary to Trae because if he’s drafted to Atlanta he’s already well aware who’s team it is.

i have no real alarming concerns with Edwards at all. I think his style will fit with trae and the rest of this team even if it’s not necessarily perfect the talent and potential of that backcourt duo is so high we won’t notice it’s not a perfect fit as they get more seasoned together .

If we take Edwards, what does this mean for Cam and Huerter? Especially Cam, because Schlenk loves him. Pretty sure he sees him as a starting 2 in the Near future...... I guess he could play the 3, but that moves Hunter to the bench.And you dont trade up for a bench guy...lol. I guess we could Trade Collins and roll with Trae/Edwards/Cam/Hunter/Capela? (But wouldnt we get a starter in the Collins trade?) Or we could just move Hunter or Cam to the bench? Or we just let Cam, Huerter and Edwards battle it out in training camp for the starting 2 position next season...OK now IM just rambling. lol..I cant wait until the draft lottery.................................................

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

Coach Two: “Yeah, obviously super talented. I really respect the talent. But if I was at the top of the draft and he was being talked about, he would scare me. From a toughness, ‘does-he-help-us-win’ standpoint. From a ‘does he help make his teammates better’ standpoint. ..... Okoro takes Auburn and makes them significantly better. Edwards didn’t do that. I just don’t know. I’d have a lot of question marks about if he’s made of the right stuff to make others better. I don’t know. I’m just not necessarily sold on that one as the first or second pick.

“He’s an average ballhandler. Not good on defense. Not engaged. He didn’t impress us as a defender. We thought he was really good. 

Coach Four: “I’m higher on Okoro than him, being in the same league. I like Okoro better.  “Defensively, man, whoever drafts him is going to have a lot of work to do. 

Coach Five: “Really, really good. Shit, when he shot the ball, you thought it was going in every single time. I’ve heard he’s a really good kid who works his ass off. From an in-game perspective, I thought he kind of coasted a little too much and was immature. 

Coach Six: “He looks the part and is really, really talented. It was like he was in cruise control against us the whole game until crunch time. .........But he hit a huge shot late in the game, and then game on the line, he sat down in a stance for the first time all game and locked our dude up. That’s the ceiling of what he can do..... He just didn’t seem like he cared that much. He was more about his antics pre-game, but when game time came it felt like he was playing an AAU game. 

Coach Seven: “Uber-talented kid. Really can do a lot of things really well. I’ll be interested to see what he can become. He has all the tools. He has all the gifts of tremendous professional players. It’ll be interested to see if he can put it all together

I think ultimately that defense will be up to his next coach. How much will the NBA put up with the kind of low interest level he had playing defense? 

Coach Eight: “Love him. First kid since Deandre Ayton that I’ve seen where I was like, ‘oh that’s Derrick Rose, Carmelo Anthony, D-Wade.’ The kind of guys you knew would be all-stars. ...... He looks like Brad Beal, Joe Johnson when he’s out there on the court.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

If we take Edwards, what does this mean for Cam and Huerter? Especially Cam, because Schlenk loves him. Pretty sure he sees him as a starting 2 in the Near future...... I guess he could play the 3, but that moves Hunter to the bench.And you dont trade up for a bench guy...lol. I guess we could Trade Collins and roll with Trae/Edwards/Cam/Hunter/Capela? (But wouldnt we get a starter in the Collins trade?) Or we could just move Hunter or Cam to the bench? Or we just let Cam, Huerter and Edwards battle it out in training camp for the starting 2 position next season...OK now IM just rambling. lol..I cant wait until the draft lottery.................................................

It doesnt mean anything....yet! Edwards has to actually beat out Huerter and Cam for minutes.  He's not going to be GIVEN the starting role even if he is the #1 pick.

It's too soon to tell and definitely too soon to worry about moving any of our players.

Position Break down (primary/secondary)

Huerter: SG/PG

Reddish: SG/SF

Hunter: SF/PF

Collins: PF/C

The Hawks need depth and some of these young players will provide it, it just needs to play out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It doesnt mean anything....yet! Edwards has to actually beat out Huerter and Cam for minutes.  He's not going to be GIVEN the starting role even if he is the #1 pick.

It's too soon to tell and definitely too soon to worry about moving any of our players.

The Hawks need depth and some of these young players will provide it, it just needs to play out.

I agree. I was just fkn around. Hawks should take the BPA, according to Schlenk.....lol

Okoro was my guy from the beginning. But I started liking Deni more than I did after watching more of his games.. I was never in love with Edwards for some reason. I just cant put my finger on it....lol.. But I wouldnt lose any sleep if we took him either. Or Toppin, Haliburton,  or Okungwu for that matter.....

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

More importantly, the Hawks need veteran depth..

49 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Do not draft this Dude Schlenk!  God I hope we don't get the 1st pick in the draft and tempt Schlenk to take him.  Would be a waste of a lottery pick!

So you dont like him at all huh? lol

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Do not draft this Dude Schlenk!  God I hope we don't get the 1st pick in the draft and tempt Schlenk to take him.  Would be a waste of a lottery pick!

I totally agree with you, peo.

I know, I never thought it would happen either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrell said:

Thanks glad you brought it up...first off for me I have to bring this up...I think that hunter is a 3 in the mindset of most hawk fans but it wasn’t long after last years draft when supes told us his guy heard that hawks weren’t sure if hunter was going to be a 3 or a 4...then during this pandemic break not too long into the break Chris from the athletic wrote the same thing in the interview he had with LP I believe....

so here’s where I’m going with this ...I don’t think the hawks see hunter as a full time 3 at all in this era. The fact that they are still determining what his best position is for this team says that they are leaning on allowing Cam and hunter to battle it out for the 3 position but ultimately I believe cam will get the 3 spot locked down because he’s clearly a better fit at 3 though I do agree with you that Cam could  play the 2 but I have given up on cam playing the 2 as it’s getting very obvious that the hawks want some kind of full time secondary ball handler/playmaker at the 2 by Trae. All this stuff about us moving up to get hunter that everyone brings up means nothing to me....surprise that player we moved up to get may be on the bench as a tweener Forward.

So if we get a chance to draft Edwards . He will likely start out on the bench and huerter will remain starter however I can see Edwards getting the nod to start a few months into the season.

also this is why I see ball as a top 2 target as well.

33 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This guy isn't a winner! 

His nba career can be completely different than his college career. 

is melo considered a winner because he won a college championship? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I totally agree with you, peo.

I know, I never thought it would happen either.

Why would any fan want a guy with poor work ethics and no drive to win?  If opposing coaches notice that you don't give a sh-t, why wouldn't scouts and fans?  You can't make someone care.  Draft someone who already knows how to win not a a guy that you hope you can teach a winning attitude to.

• Thanks 1