• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Michael Porter has had 1 exceptional game in his NBA entire career...let's pump the brake a little until he does more.  Heck didn't Trey Burke just score like 34 points the other night hitting everything he threw up?

For me, he is exciting given his overall performance over the first 738 minutes of his career.  A 19.0 PER and .605% TS% is very good.  He is top 5 in the class in BPM (behind only Trae and Luka among lottery picks) and WS/48 (behind only Luka among lottery picks) as well.  

He hasn't blown up but the quality of play over that limited sample is very promising.  

Trey Burke's numbers were between mediocre and dismal over his first few years.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

New NBA BR has up taking Okoro at 6.

Man, after all these years, I'm actually rooting for us to get screwed in the lottery and fall.  I think we'd be much better served at the 7-10 spot than the 1-3 spot (unless we're talking trade).

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Man, after all these years, I'm actually rooting for us to get screwed in the lottery and fall.  I think we'd be much better served at the 7-10 spot than the 1-3 spot (unless we're talking trade).

I kinda know what you mean but I always root for best draft spot like BPA. 

By the way, you look familiar 👀, must have seen you in these halls before 🤷‍♀️.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

New NBA BR has up taking Okoro at 6.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

So I take it you're not that high on anyone in particular?  lol. WE cant fall past 8 btw..

Edited by terrell

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

By the way, you look familiar 👀, must have seen you in these halls before 🤷‍♀️.

Nah, I'm new here.  Just transferred in 'cause of my dad's new job. 🤓

1 minute ago, terrell said:

We cant fall past 8..

Whycome?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

1. Anthony Edwards, G, Georgia

Of the top prospects in this draft, there’s not a smoother positional fit for the Hawks. Edwards’ explosiveness, athleticism, size and scoring ability are what the Hawks should be looking for as a long-term option at the two-guard spot.

At 6-foot-5 with a 6-9 wingspan and 225 pounds, he could grow into what the Hawks need defensively at the two-guard position next to Trae Young. The problem is getting him to buy all the way in on that end of the floor. There are several skeptics who worry about Edwards’ effort and willingness to fully commit to giving his best effort defensively. From what I’ve been told, his work ethic is definitely a big question mark for many people in the league, including some in Atlanta’s organization.

If he’s willing to accept not being the main option for the Hawks and is motivated by playing a secondary role next to Young, he’s the perfect choice for Atlanta at the top of the draft.  Edwards is from Atlanta so his support system is here in the city, and that could be additional motivation for him to want to accept any role he’s given. 

2. Deni Avdija, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv

Avdija’s point forward skills are what make him an attractive option for the Hawks and why he is one of the players they are considering at the top of the draft. Reddish and Hunter haven’t fully shown what they’re capable of in terms of playmaking ......he would bring a different dimension as a secondary playmaker in the frontcourt. Both Reddish and Hunter project as better defenders than Avdija, but the latter is a good enough team defender that he shouldn’t be a minus on that end of the floor.

3. Isaac Okoro, F, Auburn 

The Hawks need all of the defensive help they can get. They ranked last in opponent points per game this season .....There are several Okoro fans inside the Hawks’ organization, and it’s clear why that would be the case. Okoro is arguably the best all-around defender in the draft.....He also would give the Hawks something they don’t currently have offensively with either Hunter or Reddish — the ability to score at the rim at a high level.

4. Tyrese Haliburton, G, Iowa State 

Areas where the Hawks struggled last season: spot-up shooting, team defense, secondary playmaking alongside Young and second-unit playmaking. Haliburton would help in all of those areas immediately.

5. LaMelo Ball, PG, Illawarra Hawks

This is where things get a little interesting for the Hawks. There are some folks inside the organization who firmly believe Ball is the best prospect in this draft class, and it’s not close, and there are others who are against taking him because of the fit with Young. ..... he’s not a total cross off for the Hawks, but a lot more evaluation and talks are going to have to happen...

6. Devin Vassell, G/F, Florida State

The Hawks need more shooting and better team defenders. There might not be a better prospect who fits both of those categories in this draft than Vassell. 

Vassell certainly would challenge Kevin Huerter for the starting two spot because Vassell is a better defender than Huerter right now, and the Hawks have to figure out who’s going to be their starting two long-term, whether it’s Huerter or someone else.

7. Killian Hayes, G, Ulm 

I haven’t had any conversations regarding Hayes with anyone associated with the Hawks, but he’s a legitimate playmaker who thrives in the pick-and-roll.

8. Onyeka Oknongwu, F/C, USC

Center is not a position the Hawks currently need after trading for Clint Capela at the trade deadline, but it’s not out of the possibility they could take a big man in the draft. Just because Capela is under contract for a few more years, it doesn’t necessarily mean the Hawks are locked into him until his contract expires. 

Between Okongwu and Memphis’ James Wiseman, I personally like Okongwu’s defensive and creation ability more, although Wiseman’s name has come up in conversations with Hawks personnel more than Okongwu

• Thanks 3

Chris has a strong dislike of Toppin to the Hawks when the Hawks are very high on him and Wiseman who I am NOT a fan of is higher than at least 9 on their big board and much higher than guys like Hayes, Vessel, and Okongwu for them and once again, I'll rather Big O over Wiseman. Deni is not ahead of Toppin, Ball, Haliburton or Okoro on ANY big board for Atlanta. TS, scouts, coaches, etc. He's well liked but not that much to where he's in the top 4.

Deni being in anyone top 4 is fan babble at best. No team thinks he can be a star. Most see him as a Danilo type at best and many don't think he's as a versatile as a prospect just better at this stage. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Most teams top 4 is revolving around these 4 players:

Ball

Wiseman

Toppin 

Edwards

With these players in the mix for some teams: Okongwu and Haliburton. 

Players who tend to be in the 5-12 range

Okongwu 

Haliburton 

Deni Avdija 

Okoro

Hayes

Vassell

Anthony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Brad Rowland and Tyler Jones likes Issac Okoro better than they like Anthony Edward although Tyler Jones admits that you probably have to take Edwards when given the choice between the 2 because Edwards does have superstar potential and Okoro is like Millsap.  Interesting to say the least.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Brad Rowland and Tyler Jones likes Issac Okoro better than they like Anthony Edward although Tyler Jones admits that you probably have to take Edwards when given the choice between the 2 because Edwards does have superstar potential and Okoro is like Millsap.  Interesting to say the least.

So you do listen to Brad? Cut that B off.

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So you do listen to Brad? Cut that B off.

I'll admit it, I've listed to Brad's 'casts.  I hate him but what choice do I have if I want to listen to Hawk-centric stuff?  The spud 'n kg 'cast is on hold 'til Magic City sponsors us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'll admit it, I've listed to Brad's 'casts.  I hate him but what choice do I have if I want to listen to Hawk-centric stuff?  The spud 'n kg 'cast is on hold 'til Magic City sponsors us.

I’m really upset with you. Your better than Brad and let’s face it by the time he gets out a sentence, you could watch a movie 🎥 like Titanic or Forrest GUMP!

😐 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1