• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

1. Gordon Hayward - Best FA available if available. Sign him at ALL COST within a 3 year deal. 

If he's a FA, he opted out of $34 million, how much are you paying him per year for that 3 year deal?

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. Jordan Clarkson - Lights out scorer. Gives us the ability to run him and Kevin at the same time. 

This is mine too. I like his fit for when Trae is out. He can keep the game flowing nice with his scoring. The Lakers never wanted to trade this guy.  Absolute solid vet.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If he's a FA, he opted out of $34 million, how much are you paying him per year for that 3 year deal?

Three year deal. Whatever it takes. Gives you a wing rotation of Reddish/Hayward and Huerter/Hunter. That's insane depth. 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Three year deal. Whatever it takes. Gives you a wing rotation of Reddish/Hayward and Huerter/Hunter. That's insane depth. 

That's a non answer. So would you be ok paying him $30+  million per year.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Knowing what I know now

My top FAs are: 

1. Joe Harris. He won't be cheap and Brooklyn wants to keep him, maybe he might want to leave but I have nothing backing that statement. 

2. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - See Harris

3. Wes Matthews - Cheaper, we need a 4th wing who can shoot. 

4. Furkan Korkmaz - See Wes but less experience, but younger

5. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk - Lights out shooter. 

1. Jordan Clarkson - Lights out scorer. Gives us the ability to run him and Kevin at the same time. 

1. Gordon Hayward - Best FA available if available. Sign him at ALL COST within a 3 year deal. 

2. Jae Crowder - Miami has the cap to resign him but we need a 4th wing BAD. 

3. Maurice Harkless - See Jae

4. Torrey Craig - Maybe we can steal Craig out of Denver

1. Resign Teague

2. Resign Skal

What exactly is this numbering scheme?  Who's #1 Harris, Clarkson or Hayward?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

What exactly is this numbering scheme?  Who's #1 Harris, Clarkson or Hayward?

I still think at least one of Grant, Bertans, or Crowder are best fits for minutes. I like Clarkston a lot as secondary ball handler and scorer off the bench. I am not sure Schlenk will see Clakston as a must have; a primary ball handler has to come first and foremost.

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So you would pay Haywood $30 mil/ year but not Collins?

Big Wings (SF) who are borderline All Star level are extremely hard to get and are CRITICAL in the modern NBA. PFs who produce aren't. Those guys are a dime a dozen. If John was a legit elite offensive player or elite defensive player or both then hell yeah, give him what he wants. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Big Wings (SF) who are borderline All Star level are extremely hard to get and are CRITICAL in the modern NBA. PFs who produce aren't. Those guys are a dime a dozen. If John was a legit elite offensive player or elite defensive player or both then hell yeah, give him what he wants. 

So let me get this right...You would pay 30 year old Gordon Hayward over $30 mil/season and 26 year old Montrezl Harrell $22 mil/season but wouldn't pay John Collins at 22 who essentially gives you the same production at a much younger age

Player                                  BMP                                          VORP                                      AGE

Hayward                             2.9                                               1.8                                           30

Collins                                 3.1                                                1.7                                           22

Harrell                                 2.9                                                2.2                                          26

I find this very interesting!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So let me get this right...You would pay 29 year old Gordon Hayward over $30 mil/season and 26 year old Montrezl Harrell $22 mil/season but wouldn't pay John Collins at 22 who essentially gives you the same production at a much younger age

Player                                  BMP                                          VORP                                      AGE

Hayward                             2.9                                               1.8                                           29

Collins                                 3.1                                                1.7                                           22

Harrell                                 2.9                                                2.2                                          26

I find this very interesting!

Hayward's 30 years old.

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He is but he's not close to Utah's Hayward. 

Not even UTA's Hayward was worth $30mil-per though.

I get the 'idea' of having impact wings being key to success, but he's not an impact wing anymore.  It could be argued that he really never was, at least not at a consistent and high level.  Emphasis on consistent, especially now.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Is Hayward 100% back from the injury? Takes a lot to return from an injury like that.

I don't know but he only played 45 games this season, 4 more than JC who was suspended for 25 games. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You're right...I made the correction!  Its still amazes me how fans of this team continue to overrate other team's players and underrate ours.:questions:

99% of the fans of this team are arguing they'd rather have JC.  I only see one arguing for Hayward over him.  Put me in the camp that would rather reup JC than sign Hayward.  

• Like 2