• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think Schlenk still wants Zach LaVine?

Wurider05

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

I think that we are going all in on the playoffs next season. I don’t see us adding more young players. Zach is a young vet who would fit well with Trae. Do you think the interest is still there?

Mentioning Zach Lavine and playoffs in the same paragraph is laughable!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Kid's 25 and been on the Wolves and Post Jordan Bulls. Not exactly winning franchises so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

No. Once a Melo always a Melo. Unless of course you were fat then skinny. LaVine is who he is, stat guy.

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lavine is not a winning player.

Moreover Schlenk hates that type.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wurider05 said:

I think that we are going all in on the playoffs next season. I don’t see us adding more young players. Zach is a young vet who would fit well with Trae. Do you think the interest is still there?

Was Schlenk ever interested in Lavine?

1 hour ago, Wurider05 said:

On offense maybe....disaster defensively.

So I was thinking about this actually....I mean it’s an option possibly...maybe...we can’t think of Lavine by himself because he don’t have a winning reputation so far  however neither do our young core hawks. Therefore we have to think of how exactly Lavine can benefit the hawks while sharing the backcourt with Trae Young and how can that work.

i think if it was ever approached to Schlenk  it’s a good safe trade risk...lavine is a vet who can score and would instantly be the second best On ball scorer on the team until cam really takes leaps ...so  to add Lavine if possible and CHI is willing to be fair in the deal we have to at least look at it  .

@AHF mentioned in another thread that Lavine has a lot of potential and should be a two way player given his outstanding athleticism but he just hasn’t realized how to put it all together and so far has been a poor defender....which is exactly my thoughts of lavine and that’s why he’s an intriguing possible option. He’s really missing the IQ part of his game which I’m not saying is good but perhaps that can be worked on better here in Atlanta oppose to minny and Chicago 

....maybe trae and perhaps a group of other untapped potential young players can help Zach find his way and take him to a whole different motivation level. I actually follow lavine a lot he’s passionate about being a better player. Trains with his father a lot and is aware of the negativity that’s placed on him about his defense. The kid wants to be good and at very least did improve as a one vs one scorer since being in Chicago. I wonder how much better he could be with a point that’s the caliber of Trae.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Was Schlenk ever interested in Lavine?

On offense maybe....disaster defensively.

I think it’s worth looking at if he’s available on a fair deal from Chicago. I believe Schlenk would at least explore it ...by the way on the “was Schlenk ever interested question”... Supes said his guy said that the team was looking for a “Zach Lavine” type not too long scoot but he didn’t say lavine himself actually just lavine type ....that said shortly after that lavine was rumored on enough national media sources stating he was on the trade block which is good enough to make me believe they are trying trade him or at least see what they can get for him.

last update I recall from supes was saying his guy said bulls were asking for way too much for lavine in return. That will probably go down I would think as we get closer to the draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

"He's not a winner." Um, who are the "winners" in the NBA? Kawhi? LeBron? They aren't available. Lavine is talented guard, still young, a big time scorer, if he's available at the right price we should absolutely make a play for him. It's not easy getting talent in the NBA. 

THANK YOU!