• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

Tonight's foe faced the Kings last night and were blown away.  King's PG set a new personal high in points and rookie Tyrese Haliburton hit on 6 of 7 three's, including another "and one."

:smug:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Tonight's foe faced the Kings last night and were blown away.  King's PG set a new personal high in points and rookie Tyrese Haliburton hit on 6 of 7 three's, including another "and one."

:smug:

We really needed you to be our GM for that fifteen minute window there Gray. Tyrese hitting on all cylinders so fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Hurts to know we could have easily had Tyrese on this team instead of Okonguw the walking DNP. 

Patience grasshopper...that’s not really my saying I just tried it on, that’s more... well others. But I wouldn’t worry about Okongwu. Not much playing time for him right now anyways, he’s gonna be great. Bookmarking these posts to revisit in 1-2 years.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Patience grasshopper...that’s not really my saying I just tried it on, that’s more... well others. But I wouldn’t worry about Okongwu. Not much playing time for him right now anyways, he’s gonna be great. Bookmarking these posts to revisit in 1-2 years.

The fact he can't see the floor when the team has a massive hole at backup C is not that encouraging of a thing. 

18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We still need a vet big - I'm hoping Dieng gets bought out and heads this way.

Why would Bogi go back to starting, did I miss something?

My Lineup looks something like this WHEN EVERYONE IS BACK

Starters: Trae, Kevin, Dre, JC, Clint

Main Rotation: Lou, Bogi,  Gallo

Situational : Dunn, Cam, Snell, Hill, Knight, OO

End of the bench: Goodwin, Mays, Bruno

The first 2 groups make up your top 8 guys that get the bulk of playing time

The situational group are just that, what does the game flow dictate we need? Shooting, Defense, Size, a specific 1 on 1 matchup, etc...These guys should still play most night, with varying degrees of usage game to game.

I had Snell in the main rotation unit, but I think objectively speaking, he will be rotated with Cam once everyone is back. Until then, he is definitely in the top 8-9 

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The fact he can't see the floor when the team has a massive hole at backup C is not that encouraging of a thing. 

Eh, his confidence won’t waver one bit. Another quaalude and you’ll love him again. Not making excuses but it has been a funky year. His ceiling is high. Again Haliburton is great not diminishing that just saying don’t write him off just yet.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Kev has been horrible on this road trip and Bogi has been coming on strong.   If Kev doesn't get back on it i'd expect it to happen.  

I think Kev will relax a bit more now that the deadline is over. A lot of players know it’s a business but still play scared waiting to see if they have to rearrange their lives in a different city the next day. Not making excuses for him, I agree him and Gallo shoot low percentages quite often. I’m just hoping one of both catch fire 🔥 when we need it most during the playoffs. Get your misses out of the way now. Honestly that’s what Gallo is doing, or at least I’m hoping.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think Kev will relax a bit more now that the deadline is over. A lot of players know it’s a business but still play scared waiting to see if they have to rearrange their lives in a different city the next day. Not making excuses for him, I agree him and Gallo shoot low percentages quite often. I’m just hoping one of both catch fire 🔥 when we need it most during the playoffs. Get your misses out of the way now. Honestly that’s what Gallo is doing, or at least I’m hoping.

I don't mind misses from Kevin.  I hate when he passes up easy shots and throws it out of bounds.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't mind misses from Kevin.  I hate when he passes up easy shots and throws it out of bounds.   

Or shoots an off balance push shot off of the glass instead of going for contact and getting to the line

• Like 2