• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

oh hell no i give up GIF

No. I am still very high on him, but I want him to actually prove he can be consistent instead of just handing him minutes just because. He has to earn it.

Either he thinks no one is high on Jalen Johnson and Sharife Cooper or he thinks they have nothing to prove.  Not sure which is worse.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

oh hell no i give up GIF

No. I am still very high on him, but I want him to actually prove he can be consistent instead of just handing him minutes just because. He has to earn it.

Posters are high on Trae and Bogie even though they are inconsistent as well.  Those 2 have nothing to prove.  Player that have something to prove or you don't yet trust them as a starter are players you are typically high on.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Either he thinks no one is high on Jalen Johnson and Sharife Cooper or he thinks they have nothing to prove.  Not sure which is worse.

You would not trust Cooper to play 30 minutes a night because you aren't high on him like you would be a normal starter.  He hasn't earned your trust yet.  You think he might be good in the future but you don't think he is good right now. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You would not trust Cooper to play 30 minutes a night because you aren't high on him like you would be a normal starter.  He hasn't earned your trust yet.  You think he might be good in the future but you don't think he is good right now. 

So with Cam and Jalen, please tell me if you think they have "nothing to prove" or are you "not high on them"?  Not sure which horn of your false dichotomy you are landing on.

I can't imagine why anyone would think that someone having something to prove means you can't be high on them but doubly interested for such a person how they assess someone like an unproven, exciting potential rookie or a oft-injured, high potential young player who has a career 9.1 PER driven by his putrid .496% TS%.

So if it has to be one or the other, which is it.  

For Cam and JJ do you think they have nothing to prove or are you not among those who are high on them?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

So with Cam and Jalen, please tell me if you think they have "nothing to prove" or are you "not high on them"?  Not sure which horn of your false dichotomy you are landing on.

I think that Cam has proven that there are certain things that he excels at on the basketball court that would help the team win.  I Think Johnson has shown enough to play him regular minutes during the season.  Cooper to me hasn't shown enough.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think that Cam has proven that there are certain things that he excels at on the basketball court that would help the team win.  I Think Johnson has shown enough to play him regular minutes during the season.  Cooper to me hasn't shown enough.

You didn't answer the question.  You said:

Then you can't possibly be high on a person that you think has something to prove which has been my point.

So by your own standard, you must either be "not possibly high on a player" or you must think he does not "have something to prove."

Which is it for these two?  Are you not high on them or do you think they have nothing to prove?

If you are looking to define these terms in a way that is not common sense to the average reader (like saying that what it means to believe someone no longer has something to prove is the conviction that they are ready for regular minutes during the season) then this would be a good opportunity to clarify that.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

You didn't answer the question.  You said:

So by your own standard, you must either be "not possibly high on a player" or you must think he does not "have something to prove."

Which is it for these two?  Are you not high on them or do you think they have nothing to prove?

If you are looking to define these terms in a way that is not common sense to the average reader (like saying that what it means to believe someone no longer has something to prove is the conviction that they are ready for regular minutes during the season) then this would be a good opportunity to clarify that.

Like I said, Cam has proven to me that he offers value as a starter.  Can he get better on offense?  Yes but the other thing that he offers helps team win.  Think PJ Tucker!  Jalen also has proven that he has value.  Can he improve ? yes but I 'm not going to wait for these improvements to give him playing time.  Just like I won't wait till Cam becomes a 40% shooter from 3 before I start him.  It isn't necessary.  Trae shot 31% from 3 in the playoffs and no one blinked an eye.  He also shot under 35% from 3 during the regular season from 3 but the other things he offers leads to wins.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I said, Cam has proven to me that he offers value as a starter.  Can he get better on offense?  Yes but the other thing that he offers helps team win.  Think PJ Tucker!  Jalen also has proven that he has value.  Can he improve ? yes but I 'm not going to wait for these improvements to give him playing time.  Just like I won't wait till Cam becomes a 40% shooter from 3 before I start him.  It isn't necessary.  Trae shot 31% from 3 in the playoffs and no one blinked an eye.  He also shot under 35% from 3 during the regular season from 3 but the other things he offers leads to wins.

Trae's shots are at a higher difficulty than Cam and he doesn't have much catch and shoot opportunities though. Not to mention he provides other areas of elite efficiency like his floaters and solid free throw shooting. Not the best comparison since their roles are different.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Trae's shots are at a higher difficulty than Cam and he doesn't have much catch and shoot opportunities though. Not to mention he provides other areas of elite efficiency like his floaters and solid free throw shooting. Not the best comparison since their roles are different.

I think Cam was totally misused under LP to be honest.  He should not have been parked in a corner as catch and shoot guy in the 1st place.  Cam was more of slasher to the basket.  His finishing around the rim was much improved over his rookie season.  I am so anxious to see Cam perform on offense under the guidance of a real coaching staff.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think Cam was totally misused under LP to be honest.  He should not have been parked in a corner as catch and shoot guy in the 1st place.  Cam was more of slasher to the basket.  His finishing around the rim was much improved over his rookie season.  I am so anxious to see Cam perform on offense under the guidance of a real coaching staff.

I agree with that. I expect a breakout season and for him to be starting at some point.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I agree with that. I expect a breakout season and for him to be starting at some point.

We shouldn't be wasting our time with a player like THjr in the starting line up.  Cam should be the day 1 starter not a replacement during the season.  Bogdonvic will not take a mid season benching very well so we need to find a trade partner at or before the trade deadline.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We shouldn't be wasting our time with a player like THjr in the starting line up.  Cam should be the day 1 starter not a replacement during the season.  Bogdonvic will not take a mid season benching very well so we need to find a trade partner at or before the trade deadline.

This was Cam's response last season when asked about the potential decrease in minutes due to a deep wing rotation.

Let them play it out. Whoever is better will be the starter. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, aali34 said:

This was Cam's response last season when asked about the potential decrease in minutes due to a deep wing rotation.

Let them play it out. Whoever is better will be the starter. 

Schlenk needs to get his head screwed on right and stop all of these BS trade phone calls/rumors and allow this staff to develop this kid properly

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk needs to get his head screwed on right and stop all of these BS trade phone calls/rumors and allow this staff to develop this kid properly

I can't speak on that, I don't got insider info.

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bogdonvic will not take a mid season benching very well so we need to find a trade partner at or before the trade deadline.

mqdefault.jpg

There it is! Agenda-Squawk rears it's ugly head for all to see...and mock.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

ETA: And, just like that, I allowed myself to get swept into it.  Nevermind, I'm out.  I'm audi 5000.

Yep! Making fun of a welching nincompoop is entertaining in short bursts only before they have to go back on the ignore list to preserve your own sanity. So taking kg's sage advice here (we'll pretend you didn't post again after saying this :clint: ). 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You said youyou are high on Jalen and  believe that Jalen has nothing to prove and is worthy of (checks the minutes thread)….10 minutes per game.  If that is all it takes to be “high” on someone, can you tell me who on this site doesn’t think Cam deserves at least 10 mpg?  

I don’t think you can find a single poster who doesn’t meet your definition.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

You said youyou are high on Jalen and  believe that Jalen has nothing to prove and is worthy of (checks the minutes thread)….10 minutes per game.  If that is all it takes to be “high” on someone, can you tell me who on this site doesn’t think Cam deserves at least 10 mpg? 

I'm High of Jalen but just higher on Hunter at this point.  Obviously I am higher on Cam than Bogie.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm High of Jalen but just higher on Hunter at this point.  Obviously I am higher on Cam than Bogie.

I am actually willing to bump Jalen's minutes up to 15 minutes per game but this might be too controversial for the Board.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don’t think you can find a single poster who doesn’t meet your definition.

Love @AHF in lawyer mode

stephpopcorn.gif

Edited by niremetal
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Again, if you can be high on multiple players and 10 mpg is enough then everyone on the site meets your definition with respect to Cam.

At SF, I agree with you and think it is an absolute no-brainer that Hunter will get the most minutes at small forward assuming injuries don’t derail him so I don’t think that is wrong but saying Jalen has nothing to prove isn’t right.  He has everything to prove.  Hopefully he’ll get his chance at minutes and run with it but there won’t be gimme minutes like our young players had a couple years ago when we were tanking.

What is your projected minutes per game from the wings this season?