• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Do you always have to attack posters?  Is that what brings you to the message board?  Why can't you just stick to basketball and leave the personal stuff out.

Do you always have to play victim and I haven't attacked you once.  I just agreed with your post. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm done...I actually enjoy Peoria it's just the Bogi agenda is getting out of hand and tiresome to see it on repeat. 

Haha, I'm just imaging you with those white stockings. 😄

Yeah, peo's my guy but he goes off on some weird tangents.  And he still owes AH his avatar.  We still remember, peo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

He was so insane last year.  If we get something close to his March-May…

Perhaps this is the key to our season.  Can we get a repeat performance out of Bogi?

I think he could be a 90/50/40 guy FT/FG/3FG. He’s pretty remarkable as a marksman that’s for sure. Plus I just love the unselfishness and the right basketball plays. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Great Read!

Clint Capela was at the Atlanta Hawks’ practice facility doing push-ups 40 minutes after the team’s shootaround ended Saturday morning for that night’s game against the Charlotte Hornets. There was no one else in sight with mostly everyone having left the facility by then, aside from Bogdan Bogdanović and Hawks coaching assistant Dipesh Mistry.

It wasn’t Mistry instructing Capela to get on the floor to do push-ups but Bogdanović. Since training camp a few months ago, Bogdanović has been helping Capela become more comfortable at the free-throw line. Several times a week, well after practice has ended, Capela has been working on his free throws with Bogdanović providing guidance; other times, he tries to create a distraction to help Capela work on his focus.

This day, Capela didn’t make five free throws in a row like Bogdanović wanted, so Capela had to do five push-ups. Inside the Hawks’ practice facility, there are numerous baskets, so different drills can be happening at the same time. Capela and Bogdanović rotate on each basket several times until they feel satisfied with the day’s progress.

Bogdanović stands directly next to Capela at the free-throw line to make sure he’s getting the proper arc on the ball and is finishing his shot all in one motion. Capela has a hitch at the top of his form, and it’s one of the main reasons why he’s always been one of the poorest free-throw shooters in the NBA. While Capela’s hitch is still there, Bogdanović has been stressing to him that the fix to negate the hitch is to at least finish the shot in one motion instead of pausing at the top.

Capela is well aware that he needs to get better at the line and develop some consistency, and the work he’s put in with Bogdanović hasn’t shown just yet. Sometimes at the line, Capela can get the proper arc and accomplish the shot in one fluid motion with no problem. Other times, he admits that he overthinks, and it messes up his rhythm. He’s shooting 54.5 percent this season, and in close games when he’s on the floor, teams have deliberately fouled him to send him to the line. It puts the Hawks in a tough spot sometimes, because they need him out there for defensive purposes in those close games, but he’s also a liability on the other end of the floor and an easy target for opposing teams to exploit because of his poor free-throw shooting.

Realizing improvement is necessary, Capela went to Bogdanović for help...

I’m not trying to put stuff in that I like,” Bogdanović said. “It has to be what he wants. I just want to help him create a routine and develop habits that he likes. I feel like he needs to relax and enjoy shooting. It’s nothing crazy. It’s really about building habits and being a good teammate.

“I like doing this. I like helping my teammates, and I see how he wants to do this to get better. I want to help him, and it’s easy to work with guys who really want to get better, and he really wants to get better. I’m just trying to help him. I can’t change his shot, but I can help him. The biggest thing for him is he wants to change and wants to create a routine that can help him shoot better. It’s all about giving my teammate confidence, and I believe in the work.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2