• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

57 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah you do have to be great to be one of the top shooting guards in the league.

Yes, one of the top.  Agreed.  But, I said, top 10.  There is a great big difference!!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His April 1st and forward stats are off the charts. 

Agree.  I think that block of games was over his head good while the start to the season was seriously hampered by Covid and injuries.  The overall season is closer to what I'd expect to see from him than either of those time periods.  Even there, he could regress on his shootings %s some and remain very, very good.  Like 45% FG%, 40% 3pt% and 87% ft% would all be a significant step down but would also be near elite for a perimeter focused shooting guard.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm shocked that you would only want to use the games he was injured and ignore both his full season stats and his 253 career games played.  

giphy.gif

Injured? 

He played in all 18 playoff games

Tied for 1st in most games started in the playoffs

Played the 2nd most total minutes and minutes per game on the team playing over 33 minutes per game

He took the 2nd most number of total shots and average number of shot per game

Doesn't sound like an injured player to me!

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am sorry you lost your internet and television and radio for the regular season after March and then lost it all during the playoffs.  To help you out, this was covered on this site, in the media (both online and in print) and on TV broadcasts.  Bogi gutted it out despite being injured but was clearly affected on the floor by the injury.

Just a few snippets:

Plenty more.  If you need help finding this stuff, just let us know and we can help you fill in the blanks.  Losing your internet for multiple months this season while the team was rocking had to be hard and to miss out on the playoffs equally hard.  (I know you aren't deliberately ignoring this stuff in bad faith or anything).

For the regular season there is even more but I'll limit it to this since this is all redundant and content every other Hawks fan already knows since they didn't share the unfortunate media blackout that you had:

Obviously it wasn't serious enough to limit his minutes nor his ill-advised shot attempts.  If you are well enough to play then play with no excuses.  if not, don't play or play limited minutes.

• Premium Member

And by the way, there were others that had far more serious injuries like the Big guy that dropped 39 and then 40 on Capela during the Philly serious.  His knee injury didn't seem to affected his jump shot or free throw percentage.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all said the same thing about Cam during his rookie season and now half y'all ready to trade him.

Said what?

You're yelling at clouds, peo.  This was never a serious conversation.

ETA: And, just like that, I allowed myself to get swept into it.  Nevermind, I'm out.  I'm audi 5000.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1