• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I just love Bogi. He’s way more than in the floor for us. He brings a really good work ethic vibe and passes it around. I hope he remains a Hawk for a long time.

I love his vibe.  Last year he finally got on camera talking with the Inside the NBA studio and he was like a kid in the candy store.  Definitely likes to have fun but also has discipline.  Cool dude.  Total pro.  

• Like 1

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Bogi is a likeable guy, even went and got some " Ice Trae" shoes because he likes Trae. THATS THE PROBLEM. I have defended Bogi for a while when discussing the Hawks with others outside of this board.  I'm not doing it anymore. Bogi is paid to be THAT GUY that plays off of Trae and he is not that guy. 

The Hawks need a PLAYMAKING shooting guard that DEMANDS Trae give up that ball.  Bogi is a cheerleader in that regard.  They NEED a Zach Levine, Demar DeRozan, Jaylen Brown,  Kyrie Irving, heck, I would even say grab Middleton from the Bucks and move him to shooting guard.  The Bucks may give him up for a boatload from the Hawks.  The point is Bogi got to go.  He is a complimentary piece off of the bench, not a starting shooting guard that can get the Hawks past the top teams in the NBA.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks need a shooting guard that DEMANDS Trae give up that ball.  Bogi is a cheerleader in that regard.  They NEED a Zach Levine, Demar DeRozan, Jaylen Brown,  Kyrie Irving, heck, I would even say grab Middleton from the Bucks and move him to shooting guard.  The Bucks may give him up for a boatload from the Hawks.  The point is Bogi got to go.  He is a complimentary piece off of the bench, not a starting shooting guard that can get the Hawks past the top teams in the NBA.

Why do you want the ball out of the hands of one of the best passers in the league?

And why do you want Kyrie Irving as his backcourt mate? Aside from all his bulldookie, they play the same position. 

12 minutes ago, warcore said:

Why do you want the ball out of the hands of one of the best passers in the league?

And why do you want Kyrie Irving as his backcourt mate? Aside from all his bulldookie, they play the same position. 

EXACTLY.  The ball NEEDS to get out of Trae's hands.  I can RANDOMLY turn on the tv and see Trae lofting one of his 3 pointers.  The Hawks have horrible ball movement and it starts with Trae.  You can run him and Irving in the backcourt at the same time.  It doesn't matter who brings the ball up the court.  Thats the beauty of pairing them together.  You wouldn't be able to overplay either one of them.   Right now, the Hawks ceiling is a bottom tier playoff team.  Trae both makes and breaks the Hawks because outside of John Collins, his teammates fear reigning him in on the court.

If James Harden and Irving can coexist with Irving playing shooting guard, then Trae and Irving can do the same thing. Trae's impact as the primary ball handler who passes the ball is VERY overrated on the Hawks.

“We established that maybe four days ago now. I just looked at him and I said, ‘You’re the point guard, and I’m the shooting guard,’ and that was as simple as that. So he’s been taking control of the responsibilities and doing an incredible job. And it just makes my job easier, just go out and make plays and play free, so it’s a luxury.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2021/02/14/kyrie-irving-says-he-shifted-to-shooting-guard-to-allow-james-harden-to-thrive-at-the-point/?sh=29d7e23162ed

Brooklyn Nets v Detroit Pistons

Edited by Hawkmoor

I can agree that Bogi is more of a complimentary piece than a featured one. But everything else, no. Lol.

Bogi is good for what he is though. He was paid well to come in and bridge the gap until our young wings were ready to play consistent winning basketball. We used him to hedge our bets in case things went south with them.

That said, his shooting is an absolute weapon when on. He can bail us out or bury opponents when he gets it going. He is still one of the best options we have at creating offense off the dribble. And I love his fire. 

He has waved off Trae a few times when bringing up the ball. I don't know if I want him consistently doing that, but it's nice that he can.

It will be interesting to see what our plans are with him going forward. I always thought we would let his contract run it's course and then roll with the youngsters, but I would not be mad at extending him similar to Clint to stretch out this window.

Fiscally speaking, him and Gallo are most likely on the trading block, but who knows what happens if Dre or Cam can't prove themselves to be untouchable. 

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Dafuq is going on here?  We just plucking stars from other teams, 2k-style?

Why stop at Lavine and Middleton?  KD would look great in a Hawks uni.  Go get 'im, Trav! 

I only chose the confused emo to give you versatility in the emo reac game. :indifferent:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I only chose the confused emo to give you versatility in the emo reac game. :indifferent:

Somebody step up and give cagey a sad emo to get his quintuple single! aka the Raymond Green special. :smile:

Ps That would be a squawk 🦜 record