• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Again, if you can be high on multiple players and 10 mpg is enough then everyone on the site meets your definition with respect to Cam.

At SF, I agree with you and think it is an absolute no-brainer that Hunter will get the most minutes at small forward assuming injuries don’t derail him so I don’t think that is wrong but saying Jalen has nothing to prove isn’t right.  He has everything to prove.  Hopefully he’ll get his chance at minutes and run with it but there won’t be gimme minutes like our young players had a couple years ago when we were tanking.

What is your projected minutes per game from the wings this season?  

You see I would try to trade Bogie and start Cam with Huerter backing him up.  Hunter would get 30 minutes per game and Jalen can fill in the rest if it were up to me.

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

You see I would try to trade Bogie and start Cam with Huerter backing him up.  Hunter would get 30 minutes per game and Jalen can fill in the rest if it were up to me.

What are your projections for total actual minutes at SG/SF for Bogi, Cam, Huerter, Hunter, Solo, and Jalen?  Add in Lou and/or Delon if you think they will pick up minutes at the 2 (playing with Trae or each other, etc).

If you think one or more will actually be traded then factor that in (I personally don’t think TS is dealing any of them barring some change in circumstance).

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

What are your projections for total actual minutes at SG/SF for Bogi, Cam, Huerter, Hunter, Solo, and Jalen?  Add in Lou and/or Delon if you think they will pick up minutes at the 2 (playing with Trae or each other, etc).

I don't know what Mcmillen will do.  I only know what i would do.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know what Mcmillen will do.  I only know what i would do.

I’ll bet you on what will really happen if you want a shot at redemption but there is no way I’m betting on what you’re thinking!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, terrell said:

"Im high"..

Thats what I was thinking going through these comments..........😀

Peo’s never high.

-Nobody ever

Just now, AHF said:

I’ll bet you on what will really happen if you want a shot at redemption but there is no way I’m betting on what you’re thinking!

Can I get in on some action or is this like get ur own girl type o deal. :indifferent:

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I just told you I have no Idea what his plan is so why would I make a bet???

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I just told you I have no Idea what his plan is so why would I make a bet???

You might take the view that if a player is obviously superior to other options they will get more minutes.  So you could frame the bet that Cam will start more games than Bogi or that Cam will average more minutes per game than Bogi, etc. and that type of bet is premised on the notion that Cam will be better than Bogi this season and Nate will factor that into the rotation.  That type of projection is the basis for most bets that are based around performance.

People don't bet on things that are already known.  

• Like 3

Whenever I see people say they would trade a guy to free up minutes for others, it suggests that we won't be getting any player(s) of value in return.

It is as if we are just clearing money and minutes off the books to make life easier for the front office and players.

I'm not a fan of that plan at all. I'd rather keep talent around and force guys to compete with each other, than clear a way for one over the other.

If trading Bogi or Gallo means getting someone or something back that can help us win a title then great. Otherwise I'm not giving anyone away right now. We are deep. What we lack in a "Big 3" we make up for with having the next best 8-9 players between us and our opponent. Our superpower is being 2 deep at every position with above average starter quality players.

Why give that up now, when we don't have to? Hold Bogi and our other assets and see if there is a big time trade out there to IMPROVE the roster. 

We aren't the Atlanta Sprit Hawks anymore. Stop counting pennies and worrying about having too much talent to play or pay for. Think big, like winning a title, and stop worrying about whether draft picks can get enough minutes. Let these kids earn it and beat out their competition. If they can't overtake Bogi out-right then what makes you think they are ready to start on a Finals team?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

"Does this dude not realize my knees are held together with graham crackers and sawdust?"

🤔 that’s a tough one for me. I think he’s in an ideal situation in terms of getting his own numbers.

He’s upgraded his fantasy and individual prospects for this year without a doubt but as a team, I’m not sure the Knicks make any significant strides because of him. His defense will hurt the Knicks too.

Gonna lookout for him in fantasy though.

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤔 that’s a tough one for me. I think he’s in an ideal situation in terms of getting his own numbers.

He’s upgraded his fantasy and individual prospects for this year without a doubt but as a team, I’m not sure the Knicks make any significant strides because of him. His defense will hurt the Knicks too.

Gonna lookout for him in fantasy though.

You might be right.  The shots were there for Payton and whatever other dreg they put out there.  At least Walker is willing to jak 'em.  Could be a numbers boon.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

You might take the view that if a player is obviously superior to other options they will get more minutes.  So you could frame the bet that Cam will start more games than Bogi or that Cam will average more minutes per game than Bogi, etc. and that type of bet is premised on the notion that Cam will be better than Bogi this season and Nate will factor that into the rotation.  That type of projection is the basis for most bets that are based around performance.

People don't bet on things that are already known.  

Does it really matter what I think?  Nate isn't asking me what to do.  He is going to do what he decides to do regardless of how I feel about it and quite frankly I have no idea what his plan is.  What is going on here?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Then not sure why you said this then.

Do you always have to attack posters?  Is that what brings you to the message board?  Why can't you just stick to basketball and leave the personal stuff out.