• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

“Bogi, Bogi, Bogi all up in your face.”

-Phife Dawg

But yeah he’s been killing it.  His play now just shows how bad he was ailing at the beginning of the season.  Props because the average NBA player sits out if they see a bedbug in their hotel.

He has that ideal old-school 2 guard size where he’s so solid in multiple areas.  Even without great willingness and motor on the defensive end he’s smart enough to translate his size and positioning into good ball stopping.  While not a PG type he has enough passing chops to maximize his vision.  Has a great awareness of where he can and can’t go with the dribble.  Not a three level scorer but the way he’s been killing it from mid and three I ain’t got no complaints.

Agree, although lately he had been getting to the rim a little more aggressively. I think he is becoming more comfortable with contact since his injury.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope over time (sooner than later) with the Trae/Bogi pairing, we see Bogi running the PnR and Trae being the shifty off-ball mover. It would make the Hawks even more dangerous.

I still don't understand why we don't have plays where we have Trae running off of screens to get open 3's.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I still don't understand why we don't have plays where we have Trae running off of screens to get open 3's.

1. It has to be in the playbook

2. Trae has to be willing

3. We actually needed someone capable of handling the ball and getting Trae the ball to make it worthwhile.

• Like 4

On 4/17/2021 at 11:49 AM, ATLHawks3 said:

It's possible that Trae just may not be a good off ball player. He hasn't shown any ability to play off the ball, and both of his coaches to date seem to prefer him standing way outside of the 3pt line as a way to pull his defender far away from the paint and let the team go 4 on 4.

Trae's small stature may be a reason they prefer this than him cutting through the lane and coming off screens because he is easy to recover on and contest. 

Trae's gravity could be neutralized in close quarters, so hovering way outside is probably their safest bet to stress and stretch the defense and allow our bigs and other wings to work inside more freely.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It's possible that Trae just may not be a good off ball player. He hasn't shown any ability to play off the ball, and both of his coaches to date seem to prefer him standing way outside of the 3pt line as a way to pull his defender far away from the paint and let the team go 4 on 4.

Trae's small stature may be a reason they prefer this than him cutting through the lane and coming off screens because he is easy to recover on and contest. 

Trae's gravity could be neutralized in close quarters, so hovering way outside is probably their safest bet to stress and stretch the defense and allow our bigs and other wings to work inside more freely.

You ever play NBA jam where Spud and the smaller dudes went flying when they were shoved? 😆 

• Premium Member

I have to admit, I did not think this signing was efficient. I also thought it would hamper Cam’s development. It was clear Travis wanted to stock up on bodies for this season because of covid, but the long term deal made me nervous. BUT this guy has grown into his potential right before our eyes. He can handle the ball, pass, shoot (finally) and talks on defense. Cam has had an opportunity to watch how he can develop his own game from Bogi.  At this point, we can take the long route to Cam’s development. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, High5 said:

Bogi, but he’s quickly becoming my favorite player.

Me too. Trae, Bogi and Hunter for me right now, but Collins, Capela are right there and loving what Huerter has done and can’t wait to get Cam back as well as watch Okongwu develop. I love our core. We have an 8 pack in the mid section no doubt. 😉 

• Like 1