• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next person who calls De'Andre Hunter a PF gets my foot in their back side.

thecampster

Hunt’s stat profile/ film giving me Luol Deng with less handle and exploded efficiency vibes.  As the kids say it’s a whole vibe.  Let’s just hope he’s not the type to have a storefront and....nevermind.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

As Clint Capela walked away from the action, he knew De’Andre Hunter was about to pick up a technical foul because whatever it was he said to the referee wasn’t going to be received well. It was Hunter’s second technical foul this season after he picked up zero last season.......I think it’s good from him, especially for a guy like him who (does) not necessarily express himself. I think it’s good that he got it out. We need that from him. We want that from him. I always tell him defensively, ‘Talk to me because I want to hear you. I don’t just want you to be a good player. I want to hear your voice.’ It’s really important for us.”

Through 13 games, Hunter has been the most consistent and arguably the best Hawks player.........Indicative of the Hawks’ trust in him this season, they’re consistently running some offensive sets through him, which didn’t happen last season. He’s also noticeably more confident driving inside the paint ..........Hunter is also seeking contact this season — he has been fouled on 13 percent of his shot attempts, up from 9 percent last season.

There’s undeniable confidence in Hunter’s game right now. He said he used the long offseason to watch film of wings his size and studied how they attack the paint and draw fouls. 

“I would say attacking,” coach Lloyd Pierce said of what has impressed him most about Hunter’s game. “For some reason, he starts the game, and his first two or three shots seem to be 3s and make or miss; I think he kind of gets in his own way. After that, he gets into attack mode. He’s running out in transition. It seems like he’s getting a foul a game where he’s just running and attacking the wing. When he catches on the perimeter, he’s looking to get into the paint. He’s been able to get to the free throw line there. We’re able to post him. I think he’s just in attack mode. Outside of those two or three shots, the rest of the game he’s in attack mode and it’s good to see. I thought (Monday), him getting a tech was a positive. You’re starting to see some fire. You’re starting to see some passion. You’re starting to see some intensity for a guy who’s pretty reserved. I like his level of engagement.”

The Hawks moved up in the draft for Hunter because of his defensive prowess coming out of Virginia. He’s much improved on that end of the floor. He’s stronger. He’s quicker. He’s more knowledgeable of where he’s supposed to be. Opponents are shooting 9.8 percentage points worse at the rim with Hunter on the floor and have a 3.6 negative percentage point difference in effective field goal percentage when Hunter is out there. The Hawks are nearly four points worse on defense when Hunter isn’t on the floor, according to PBP Stats.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Great stuff.   I especially like the way he was playing last game.   Just making buckets when it comes to you is way different than being a scorer.  I think he needs that scorer mentality.

My one complaint is can we get a new Hunter thread instead of this one with the crazy title!?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just now, macdaddy said:

Great stuff.   I especially like the way he was playing last game.   Just making buckets when it comes to you is way different than being a scorer.  I think he needs that scorer mentality.

My one complaint is can we get a new Hunter thread instead of this one with the crazy title!?

go ahead and make one...and I'll repost this info.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

More:

Before Monday’s game, Hunter had played 56 percent of his minutes at small forward, and the Hawks were 18 points better with him there than at power forward, where they were 11.6 points worse. One reason for the big discrepancy is when Hunter is at the four, John Collins predominantly has played the five. Collins’ defense at center has been quite bad and so much better going up against other power forwards. 

He has such an advantage at SF.  Come back soon Gallo.

LP insists on going small with Collins at C - so we essentially do not have a backup C.

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

More:

He has such an advantage at SF.  Come back soon Gallo.

LP insists on going small with Collins at C - so we essentially do not have a backup C.

But if you look at the numbers, Collins is our best backup center.  I'd prefer he go Bruno or someone with more size when playing bigger teams though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But if you look at the numbers, Collins is our best backup center.  I'd prefer he go Bruno or someone with more size when playing bigger teams though.

...and there in lies the conundrum. Bruno doesn't seem to have progressed enough to play unfortunately.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...and there in lies the conundrum. Bruno doesn't seem to have progressed enough to play unfortunately.

We have Bruno, Knight and OO to get in the games now.    Honestly Knight has brought it every time he hit the floor.   Bruno maybe getting pushed aside. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I feel the same way about the Cam/Randy Moss thread lol 

Some of these need to die, or just be renamed maybe 

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

We do need an All Star/NBA type of thread for Hunter. 

Who wants to do the honors? 

@lethalweapon3 @AHF @JayBirdHawk @macdaddy @RedDawg#8 @marco102

Honestly i was going to because jaybird demanded i do it.  but then i thought if i started a thread called De'Andre Hunter is ballin' it might jinx him.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Honestly i was going to because jaybird demanded i do it.  but then i thought if i started a thread called De'Andre Hunter is ballin' it might jinx him.  

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We do need an All Star/NBA type of thread for Hunter. 

Who wants to do the honors? 

@lethalweapon3 @AHF @JayBirdHawk @macdaddy @RedDawg#8 @marco102

I can't believe you haven't done it. 

c5f362440c98d7be79530c1a587a2b2f.gif

Do I need to do everything around here

tenor.gif