• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason G2: Magic vs Hawks, 12/12/2020 @ 5PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

I'm just looking for improvements.  Trae played under control for most of the game, but then he thought we had the win sealed and got lose with it.  I'm not complaining because a few of his turnovers wwere trying to make the extra pass to get his teammates invovled.  I don't think he makes some of those passes during the regular season.  I'd like to see Trae average 3 to 4 turnovers during the regular season.  That'll be a pretty big decline from the 4.8 he averaged last year. 

Those turnovers on the traps hurt. He knew good and well he should've passed sooner BOTH times but didn't. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I'm just looking for improvements.  Trae played under control for most of the game, but then he thought we had the win sealed and got lose with it.  I'm not complaining because a few of his turnovers wwere trying to make the extra pass to get his teammates invovled.  I don't think he makes some of those passes during the regular season.  I'd like to see Trae average 3 to 4 turnovers during the regular season.  That'll be a pretty big decline from the 4.8 he averaged last year. 

Agreed. He lost his focus in the 4th thinking the game was over. Teachable moments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Things I want to see this game:

1. Can Hunter have a repeat performance? Consistency is what I need to see from him this season.

2. Can we maintain our freethrow and rebounding edge. We had 19 Offensive rebounds.

3. Limit turnovers. We had more turnovers (23) than assists (20) last game. 

4. We got quality looks from 3, can we shoot a better percentage? We shot 10/32. 31%

5. A more decisive Bruno

6. I think I want to see more of Tyler Mays.

7. Who starts today at SG and SF?

1. Yes he did for the most part.

2. Yes we did

3. It was going well until the 4th. But we had more assists than TOs

4. Oh yes indeedy

5. Bruno wasn't memorable, good or bad

6. Not today

7. Huerter and Hunter

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Turnovers are part of his game. Bad turnover nights are going to happen. It is what it is.

Yeah, I think they will be less frequent now that he has better teammates though. Won't be forced to do too much, should have more space to operate etc.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DBac said:

Trae will get the turnovers down.

1. It's the preseason, time to try shit that you wouldn't try in games that count.

2. Gaining familiarity with teammates

3. It's the preseason

Hope youre right, but IDK man. Hes been turning the ball over  too much since high school..I could live with 4 per game. No more than that..

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Turnovers are part of his game. Bad turnover nights are going to happen. It is what it is.

Yep..lol

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

18 points on 15 shot attempts, 2 rebounds, 2 assist. If this gives you confidence then the bar is really low

18 points on 15 shot attempts, 2 rebounds, 2 assist. If this gives you confidence then the bar is really low

How is the bar really low 

He nailed it

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Speaking of Ja, we better get ready for him..lol

I want Justin fields

I hope trae still gets his buckets

• Like 1