• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FYI: Fox Sports South no longer: Local TV rights holder gets new name

HawkItus

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Yep.  I had to do that last season to watch the Hawks.  $85.00 per month to watch.  Ugh.

🕵️‍♂️

Same here, but switched back to YouTubeTV this Spring after the end of regular season since games were in network channels. Also back then, ATTTV had a lower priced package including Fox Sports Southeast and I didn’t have to pay the new higher $85 package. It’s a grift 🤬

Has anyone gone with a VPN and got a Hawks team pass from NBA League Pass?  Basically you use a VPN to signal you are from outside the local region that blacks games out, and then you purchase a Hawks Team Pass and can watch all the games that would otherwise be blacked out.

49 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Has anyone gone with a VPN and got a Hawks team pass from NBA League Pass?  Basically you use a VPN to signal you are from outside the local region that blacks games out, and then you purchase a Hawks Team Pass and can watch all the games that would otherwise be blacked out.

I haven't done it, but I heard Express VPN is a good one to use to do that. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I haven't but have heard mixed results.  I would like to do it but also don't want to watch on my computer.  The pricing for league pass is strange and hard to figure out how to do it on Roku.

I have tried the vpns.  Expressvpn and Nordvpn.  they were both good.  I think nord actually was a little easier.  

If you get this working let us know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 10/21/2021 at 1:41 PM, kg01 said:

Don't worry, folks that try to use the Bally (cr)app probably won't be able to watch anyways.

Yep, just left a 1 star review on Google Play for that horrible app.    

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 10/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, Final_quest said:

This is what I use.  It works well, with a couple of minor irritations...

Sometimes the game streams drop in quality.  I've got 1GB fiber and every now and again, the stream will get a little choppy.  Not every game and not for longer than 5-10 minutes.  Not a deal breaker...

The biggest problem I have though is with the breaks between the game.  They don't run commercials or the local halftime report.  They play the arena video, some generic NBA promos, or just a camera centered on the court.  The games feel less personal.  Especially when the Hawks are on the road and you have to sit there and watch the opposing fans get all hyped up for their team - ugggggh. 

I'm currently testing out my brother's UVerse account to stream Bally and it seems to be sort of reliable.  I'd gladly pay for a Bally sports app to not have to suffer the emptiness of League Pass.

• Like 1