• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FYI: Fox Sports South no longer: Local TV rights holder gets new name

HawkItus

Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Southeast, the local TV rights holder for the Atlanta Hawks, Braves, United and Dream, will officially be renamed Bally’s Sports South and Bally’s Sports Southeast.

Fox Sports South, Southeast renamed under Bally's Sports brand - Atlanta Business Chronicle (bizjournals.com)

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The only thing I need to know is if they are back on Hulu and Youtube TV?

Unfortunately, they're not.  What I've read is that they plan to offer their product direct to consumer at some point.  Similar to Netflix and others, there would be an app that consumers could watch the games and other content on for a monthly fee.

• Sad 4

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So will the games still be on the Fox Sports Go App for Roku or will there be a new App?  Are they just changing the name of the channel or is it a new channel that will need to be negotiated with Charter Spectrum (which currently has the FSSE and FSS channels)??  

I believe that it's just a name change.  I don't think it will affect they're current agreement with the cable companies.

• Like 2

• Moderators

What i read a while back is that they are going to have their own streaming app for a monthly fee, that it will somehow tie in the company's sports betting, and that they are targeting the baseball season as they have a lot of local mlb rights.   

Even though this company seems to not negotiate in good faith i'll have to sign up for the platform and to be honest i'd rather pay $20/month for only Hawks than $80 for hawks and a bunch of stuff i don't watch.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I was about to make a post about this.  I was on YouTubeTV.  It really threw me off when they raised the price then dropped regional sports.  How are you local market YTTV people watching the games?  League Pass (with or without VPN) does not seem to be an option.  I can stream it live on a browser but I hate watching live TV.  

• Moderators
20 hours ago, NineOhTheRino said:

I was about to make a post about this.  I was on YouTubeTV.  It really threw me off when they raised the price then dropped regional sports.  How are you local market YTTV people watching the games?  League Pass (with or without VPN) does not seem to be an option.  I can stream it live on a browser but I hate watching live TV.  

At&t TV.   It's an app just like youtubeTV.   The interface pretty much sucks but it works.   It's $80/month which includes HBO Max if you're into that.  Just remember to record the post game show because it doesn't automatically extend the recording if the game runs long.  

You can 'freeze' your youtubeTV account for up to 6 months.  So i got At&t and froze YTTV for now in the hopes they work out a deal.   

I have YouTubeTv and the basic package for direct TV (I have internet through AT&T) and when you bundle, they give you unlimited internet.  I upgraded to the sports package with the TV side of things for an additional $13 a month. I now use the Foxsports Go App.   The APP isn't the best, freezes randomly, but I can watch the Hawks.  

I also have my free options, if need be. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member

If this is true, then I'm dropping Comcast come Thanksgiving. I wish more networks would branch off from cable/dish networks and go the streaming route.  Let me pay for what I actually want to watch and nothing more.

Makes sense.  This would be a great option for local markets and it would not step on the toes on League Pass since in market games are blacked out.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/31/2021 at 12:37 PM, NineOhTheRino said:

For anybody still looking for a solution OTHER than AT&T or hack streaming...Nord VPN with League Pass WORKS.

I have YouTube TV and had to find a solution too.  I started with the hack streaming sites which are decent, but I just could not suffer the opposing team's announcers on away games.  I tried about 5 different VPN providers during the summer and preseason, and League Pass was refusing VPN connections from any service.  A lot of people were having the same issue.  Started following a few Reddits about it...and towards the end of the preseason, one Reddit mentioned that Nord/League Pass was working.  I did the free trial for both Nord...and sure enough, worked perfectly.  I've watched every game with (almost) no hassle.

For those who are thinking about it...

• Some people get a SUPER cheap price by going through different countries, but this may have been why they cracked down on VPN service...or it may be something they set up specifically on their sign up server.  I dunno.  I signed up for League Pass first without VPN because that's what I was having trouble with initially.  Once I got signed up, I used the service to log in and I was able to watch the game.
  • I connect through the UK.  You can connect to a US server, but Nationally televised games (ie - NBA TV) are still blacked out.  I started going through Mexico...but I missed the first quarter of one game because I was having difficulty connecting through their IPs (also seemed to be slower).  No such issues going through the UK.
  • I use MS Edge...Chrome playback was jittery and froze occasionally when I first connected.  This might have been isolated issues early in the season, or could have just been something on my PC.  Since Edge works though, I just don't bother.  I might try Chrome again if I decide to cast the game to a different TV.
  • I have not been able to get it to work on my phone.  Location services tell the NBA app where your phone is physically located. There may be ways around this like disabling your cellular data to avoid cell tower location pings.  I'm a techie...but not a phone guy (hardly even use mine), so it makes no nevermind to me.  I just stream it on my laptop/PC (HDMI to the big screen).

If Nord VPN didn't work, my next step was to crack a Fire Stick.  There are people who are doing that and finding the streams just like they do with PPV's and movies.  My hacking/cracking days are 20 years behind me and I prefer to just pay for stuff that works easily now lol...so I'm glad Nord works.

I also tried using logins from family member's cable services on the Fox Go app.  It should have worked, but it would never authorize the Hawks games for me.  I spent days trying to get it to work...

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Oh...and I paid like $50 for 1yr of Nord (they were running a special) and my League Pass is $18 a month.  They have a 2 year plan now that's like $3 a month and 1 year that's around $5 monthly.

And you're only watching on your computer?  or does nord have an app for firestick?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

And you're only watching on your computer?  or does nord have an app for firestick?

Yes, I'm only watching it on my computer.  I connect to the UK via Nord, then launch League Pass in my browser.  I was going to mod/crack a firestick to illegally watch games.

Nord does have an APP for firestick though:
https://support.nordvpn.com/FAQ/Setup-tutorials/1110700382/Installing-NordVPN-on-Amazon-Fire-devices.htm

I don't use Firestick, but I assume it will work all the same since it's running on your home network without physical location services (like mobile phones).