56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We might not play Toronto tomorrow 

Wtf was that all about?

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We might not play Toronto tomorrow 

Good time for an extra day off tbh..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

I don’t think this affects our game.  The optics certainly aren’t good from the league standpoint (why temporarily hold him out?  He should have been waiting until a confirmed negative/positive at that point)

Remember though that KD had COVID last March.  Obviously not a pass for him to be clear forever, but that likely mitigates a good bit of risk from the standpoint of him being infected.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 2/5/2021 at 10:22 PM, klharper said:

Remember though that KD had COVID last March.  Obviously not a pass for him to be clear forever, but that likely mitigates a good bit of risk from the standpoint of him being infected.

I'm sure the docs in the house will correct me but I'm not sure he necessarily has protection from new strains.  And the protection I've heard is 10 months at the most anyway but of course i'm not sure anybody knows really.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm sure the docs in the house will correct me but I'm not sure he necessarily has protection from new strains.  And the protection I've heard is 10 months at the most anyway but of course i'm not sure anybody knows really.

Unpopular opinion here, but the lengths the NBA is going to with the Covid stuff is more about optics than science or public health. 

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Unpopular opinion here, but the lengths the NBA is going to with the Covid stuff is more about optics than science or public health. 

I don't think so.  Some of it is over the top, but you don't want the league to shut down because of one team having it and spreading it. I can take a few games here and there being cancelled.  I just don't want the league to shutdown because of "community" spread in the NBA. 

I'll be glad when we all can get vaccinated and this is in our rearview.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

He likely has at least partial protection from the new divergent strains.  This is similar to the Flu in that you can get multiple strains a year but usually the new ones are less severe but the initial exposure may very well prevent him contracting the new strains as well.  It will all really depend on the amount of antibodies he built up from his exposure last year.  And how fast those antibodies dissipate.  This will be different for each person.  And from the poster who is excited about e vaccine, I agree that it will be great when we can all get it and build herd immunity.  Mine were not too bad from a side effect standpoint.

• Like 1