• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This was yesterday, in a game that the Knicks absolutely needed to win.   If he has 2 or 3 games to this level vs the Hawks, we're not winning.  This is a superstar type of game.

Is he a Superstar though? No, I mean my only point I'm arguing with you is calling him a damn superstar. If he played for Memphis no one would dare call him a superstar. It's just that the NY Media is hyping him up. 

He's having an excellent season, but he isn't a superstar.  If he was, he would have been doing this three years ago. 

I can also pull up one games of scrubs going off to make them look like superstars.  Julius Randle is an Allstar.  He's very good, but superstar he is not.  No matter what stats you show me this season.  When he plays like this for three or four years in a row, we can have this conversation about being a superstar and on the level of a Steph Curry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is he a Superstar though? No, I mean my only point I'm arguing with you is calling him a damn superstar. If he played for Memphis no one would dare call him a superstar. It's just that the NY Media is hyping him up. 

He's having an excellent season, but he isn't a superstar.  If he was, he would have been doing this three years ago. 

I can also pull up one games of scrubs going off to make them look like superstars.  Julius Randle is an Allstar.  He's very good, but superstar he is not.  No matter what stats you show me this season.  When he plays like this for three or four years in a row, we can have this conversation about being a superstar and on the level of a Steph Curry.

Lol, I can't believe we are having this conversation. Steph Curry tho

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In fact, Julius had 2 of his best games vs the Hawks this year.  We absolutely cannot let this guy score at will this easy.  

Once again, these are superstar level games.

But is he a superstar on the level of a Steph Curry?  Just because he's a Hawk killer doesn't make him a superstar.  

I'm also very aware of how he's performed against the Hawks.

Edited by marco102

Just now, NBASupes said:

Lol, I can't believe we are having this conversation. Steph Curry tho

Why are people hung up on the Steph Curry comment?   It's the superstar like impact that I'm talking about.  Hell, even Joe Johnson has impacted playoff games in this fashion.

Role players don't win playoff games.  They may make key plays or give you timely scoring.   It's the stars of the teams, who can elevate their game to a superstar level, that win playoff games.

In fact, Julius had 2 of his best games vs the Hawks this year.  We absolutely cannot let this guy score at will this easy.  

Once again, these are superstar level games.

We never really double teamed him or treated him like a major threat. We never gave him Curry treatment and NY actually did give Trae, Curry treatment. The playoffs will be here and he have a week to scout the Knicks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

But is he a superstar on the level of a Steph Curry?  Just because he's a Hawk killer doesn't make him a superstar.  

I'm also very aware of how he's performed against the Hawks.

Of course he's not a superstar on the level of Steph Curry.  But if he's putting up 40+ ppg against us, he may as well be Steph Curry.

• Like 1

Why are people hung up on the Steph Curry comment?   It's the superstar like impact that I'm talking about.  Hell, even Joe Johnson has impacted playoff games in this fashion.

Role players don't win playoff games.  They may make key plays or give you timely scoring.   It's the stars of the teams, who can elevate their game to a superstar level, that win playoff games.

Because it's stupid. You gotta scheme the Warriors even in the regular season. We never schemed against Randle. We just let him cook. That win when Trae got hurt was the 1st time he actually beat us with passing. We learned from that mistake.

• Like 1

Because you said he could have a Steph Curry impact fresh off Steph Curry putting up one of the greatest shooting seasons ever and winning a scoring title. I know it's samantics, but Julius Randle is not on that level.  Any Allstar can go off and have great games, Superstars are a different level in my book.  There's nothing many can do to stop LBJ and Steph.  

There are things you can do to slow down Julius Randle.  The Hawks just haven't been successful at it.

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

We never really double teamed him or treated him like a major threat. We never gave him Curry treatment and NY actually did give Trae, Curry treatment. The playoffs will be here and he have a week to scout the Knicks. 

This is my point.  We need to treat Randle like he's a major threat . . like he's a superstar.

The Knicks treated Trae like he was a superstar, and limited his offense.  That's what we need to do with Randle.

• Like 3

Collins is like the worse defender we can put on Randle but if he wants to show that he belongs in the HOF one day (his words of where he hope to be one day, not mines)....then Collins will play some big time hustle defense on Randle this series. 

collins need to show some grind and aggressiveness (not fouling) but I’d like to see some better tough defense specifically on Randle.

Hunter if healthy to me is the clear best option on Randle. Randle is more powerful but Hunter will make Randle pick up his dribble earlier than he’d like to and keep him from those sweet spots. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Of course he's not a superstar on the level of Steph Curry.  But if he's putting up 40+ ppg against us, he may as well be Steph Curry.

I get what you're saying.  The key is to slow Randle down.  I think the key is to let him beat you all by himself. He can do that during the regular season, but I don't think he can do that over a seven game series.  If he's passing, he's much more dangerous in my opinion.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Collins is like the worse defender we can put on Randle but if he wants to show that he belongs in the HOF one day (his words of where he hope to be one day, not mines)....then Collins will play some big time hustle defense on Randle this series. 

collins need to show some grind and aggressiveness (not fouling) but I’d like to see some better tough defense specifically on Randle.

Hunter if healthy to me is the clear best option on Randle. Randle is more powerful but Hunter will make Randle pick up his dribble earlier than he’d like to and keep him from those sweet spots. 

This is true when Randle has the ball on the perimeter.  But when he's down on the block, Hunter is going to be barbeque chicken.

Collins is definitely the guy that needs to be better defensively against him. If he steps up to the challenge and makes life tough for Randle, the Hawks might breeze through this series.

I'd also like to see Capela step up and try to guard him as well.

• Like 1

Just now, marco102 said:

I get what you're saying.  The key is to slow Randle down.  I think the key is to let him beat you all by yourself. He can do that during the regular season, but I don't think he can do that over a seven game series.  If he's passing, he's much more dangerous in my opinion.

If we implement this strategy of allowing Randle to pretty much go one on one to try to beat us on his own  but be sure we don’t foul him and stay in passing lanes....that’s what the warriors did to lebron in the finals a few years back .

But that worked for warriors because they KNEW they were going to score on the cavs at will on the other end between curry, klay, & KD.

Hawks can’t allow Randle to go off one on one if they can’t guarantee to score efficiently on most trips offensively vs the Knicks defense. So I’m not completely sure if that’s the best strategy. However turning a Thibbs ran offensive team into isolation shouldn’t be hard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is true when Randle has the ball on the perimeter.  But when he's down on the block, Hunter is going to be barbeque chicken.

Collins is definitely the guy that needs to be better defensively against him. If he steps up to the challenge and makes life tough for Randle, the Hawks might breeze through this series.

Julius Randle couldn't do anything with Kwahi. I know Hunter's not Kwahi, but in the PHX game, I believe it was Crowder and Bridges that were slowing him down towards the end of the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Capela lacks the speed it’s almost like a guard vs a center ....Randle sizes him up and shoots over him ....best strategy to use to ME is put Hunter on Randle (assuming Hunter is healthy enough to start)...when Randle gets on the low block we need one of the bigs to be ready to double or show double AND rotate like crazy once Randle or if Randle passes out.

there’s going to be a lot of energy focused on Randle defensively. But my strategy would be a zone however Hunter is the solo man who follows Randle every where on the perimeter and assist with doubling once he’s on the block . Trae would primarily stay in zones on either side or baseline so he’s not exposed at the top of the key.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Capela lacks the speed it’s almost like a guard vs a center ....Randle sizes him up and shoots over him ....best strategy to use to ME is put Hunter on Randle (assuming Hunter is healthy enough to start)...when Randle gets on the low block we need one of the bigs to be ready to double or show double AND rotate like crazy once Randle or if Randle passes out.

there’s going to be a lot of energy focused on Randle defensively. But my strategy would be a zone however Hunter is the solo man who follows Randle every where on the perimeter and assist with doubling once he’s on the block . Trae would primarily stay in zones on either side or baseline so he’s not exposed at the top of the key.

So a Box in 1 on Randle, with Hunter shadowing him.

That may work.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Julius Randle couldn't do anything with Kwahi. I know Hunter's not Kwahi, but in the PHX game, I believe it was Crowder and Bridges that were slowing him down towards the end of the game.

That’s because Randle isn’t really a true dribbler and the reason i hope to see a healthy Hunter on him.

randle is a very good player but he’s a SF body who plays like a Modern day PF.

But as far as dribbling goes Randle is going to have to make me a true believer because while it’s decent I don’t think it’s good enough vs good perimeter defenders.

So a Box in 1 on Randle, with Hunter shadowing him.

That may work.

Thanks LOL....I knew it had a title but couldn’t think of it.

• Like 2