• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

39 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Things to keep in mind about the head to head matchup this season

Jan 4th - Capela's 5th game as a Hawk was still getting his wind. No Gallo, No Snell, No LouWill (or Rondo), BB still recovering

Feb 15th - No Hunter, no BB, no Snell, no Lou Will (or Rondo), no Reddish, OO just activated.

Apr 21st - No Hunter, no Snell, no Gallo, no Reddish (Young, Capela both injured in the game, Young was recovering - only 9 played in an OT game).

The Knicks have not faced the Hawks at full strength. They haven't even faced the Hawks at 80%.  In no game have we had a full complement of sf/pf to throw at Randle nor PG play to make D-Rose play D full time.

I've read a lot of "expert" opinions on this series and I've yet to see anyone actually spell out the injury situation for the Hawks.  I think that's going to be a real eye-opener for a lot of folks.  When healthy, the Hawks are the better team.  By how much?  That's the question.  I personally think by a good margin, but we'll see.    

Rotation vs Knicks:

Trae - Played 3 games (missed 4th and OT with injury)

Bogie - Played 1 game (off bench for 1 with 3 shots)

Hunter - Played 1 game

JC - Played 3 games (missed OT due to min restriction)

Capela - Played 3 games

Gallo - Played 1 game

Huerter - Played 3 games

Lou - Played 1 game

Snell - Played 0 games

Gonna be fun to a take a full squad to MSG this weekend.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm not surprised that we're favored in the matchup and I'm really tired of hearing about Randle.  He isn't a problem.  The Hawks' problem is going to be the refs and themselves.  No need to explain the officiating, which I expect is going to be TERRIBLE.  

The Hawks will do themselves no favors if they lose focus.  We absolutely cannot come out in any quarter with that timid energy or that lackadaisical "we got this" energy.  That's what's going to kill us, not Randle.  We lose focus, the Knicks take it up a notch defensively, the refs swallow the whistle, Randle goes bananas...it's over and quickly.  Knicks in 6.  If we lock in, stay patient with the offense, and harass them on the defensive end - I expect us to WALK through this.  Hawks in 5 or 6.

One way or another, we will really get to see who Nate is after this series.

I gotta be honest, I really WANT to say Hawks in 5 because I think a healthy Hawks team is A LOT better than the Knicks.  But I'm a little scared of officially putting it out there. LOL.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Cheat code lol... Gallo does feel like that though.  Busted possession and nothing develops so you just pass it to him and there's a 50% chance he makes a bucket

Gallo is the real x-factor in my opinion. Bogi has been so consistent, if Gallo is on we are pretty much unbeatable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Things to keep in mind about the head to head matchup this season

Jan 4th - Capela's 5th game as a Hawk was still getting his wind. No Gallo, No Snell, No LouWill (or Rondo), BB still recovering

Feb 15th - No Hunter, no BB, no Snell, no Lou Will (or Rondo), no Reddish, OO just activated.

Apr 21st - No Hunter, no Snell, no Gallo, no Reddish (Young, Capela both injured in the game, Young was recovering - only 9 played in an OT game).

The Knicks have not faced the Hawks at full strength. They haven't even faced the Hawks at 80%.  In no game have we had a full complement of sf/pf to throw at Randle nor PG play to make D-Rose play D full time.

Not to mention the healthiest we faced them we pretty much were handling them on the road until Young got injured. If the team comes out and plays with focus and intensity we got this.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Gallo is the real x-factor in my opinion. Bogi has been so consistent, if Gallo is on we are pretty much unbeatable. 

It will be interesting to have Snell available as well, he's not the greatest defender but hes no slouch either due to his 'linth' and moves better than Solo vs quicker wing guys. More importantly than that, his ability to stretch the floor to complement what Hawks already have in this department could REALLY open things up for Trae. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

My "fear" for the postseason is we show up and shoot something crazy like 5-40 from 3pt.  It's only happened a few times this year, but when it does, it can get ugly fast.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

My "fear" for the postseason is we show up and shoot something crazy like 5-40 from 3pt.  It's only happened a few times this year, but when it does, it can get ugly fast.  

Yes, though in defense of that scenario, since early on in the year where he was working himself back from injury he hasn't had long cold stretches. It's unrealistic to expect he'll be on it every game, but the games we get both him and Bogi going are pretty much automatic Ws.