• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

5 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Knicks ain't ready. Regular season is one thing; the playoffs are a totally different beast.

I've seen several knicks fans and writers in general say that Thibs has them playing playoff basketball all year so there really isn't a bump up in intensity or effort.  I pray that's true because it wouldn't bode well for them if they play the same as they did in the regular season while Atlanta gets healthy AND increases their intensity.   

• Like 4

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I've seen several knicks fans and writers in general say that Thibs has them playing playoff basketball all year so there really isn't a bump up in intensity or effort.  I pray that's true because it wouldn't bode well for them if they play the same as they did in the regular season while Atlanta gets healthy AND increases their intensity.   

I really hope they have us scouted well, because they haven't really seen our team at full health. We're dangerous.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Figured the media would jump hard on knicks but gotta admit I wasn't expecting THAT lopsided.  A lotta folks in for a rude awakening I think.  And again I'll just say, I don't think people are actually stopping to think about the Hawks being healthy for the first time all season. We've seen all of our guys individually for stretches throughout the season but really never seen them all together.  This could be a fun ride.  

They are also not thinking about the Hawks team while Coached by McMillan vs Pierce, 2 different teams.  The only way I see Knicks winning this series is if they AVERAGE as a team around 40% from 3FG overall, tall task in playoffs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I really hope they have us scouted well, because they haven't really seen our team at full health. We're dangerous.

Projected Hawks starters have played 16 minutes together total across 5 games. There's just no way to scout that.  Now the big question is whether that group is a good as we all think it is and whether they will show it in the playoffs.  I'll admit it's an unknown.  We all just assume they will play as well as they can despite having such little time together.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, REHawksFan said:

Projected Hawks starters have played 16 minutes together total across 5 games. There's just no way to scout that.  Now the big question is whether that group is a good as we all think it is and whether they will show it in the playoffs.  I'll admit it's an unknown.  We all just assume they will play as well as they can despite having such little time together.  

If Deandre Hunter can revert to the form he showed at the beginning of this season that is more than just an X factor vs the Knicks, joining Bogi whose playing out of his mind, of course Trae, Collins and Capela, then you still got Snell, Heurter, Lou, OO (improving all year and learning lots from CC) - on paper its not even close we win with those guys. No question in my mind, key words, on paper. Correctly said the main question is have had they enough time together to have the right chemistry. Excited to find out. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, turnermx said:

If Deandre Hunter can revert to the form he showed at the beginning of this season that is more than just an X factor vs the Knicks, joining Bogi whose playing out of his mind, of course Trae, Collins and Capela, then you still got Snell, Heurter, Lou, OO (improving all year and learning lots from CC) - on paper its not even close we win with those guys. No question in my mind, key words, on paper. Correctly said the main question is have had they enough time together to have the right chemistry. Excited to find out. 

I even left out Gallo. This team is scary deep, fully healthy should be able to play very well in 4th Quarter OT due to having all the fresh bodies. rare luxury to have the ability to go more than 8 or 9 deep in playoff rotation. 

• Like 3

Speaking of lineups and their effectiveness.....Check this out:  

Lineup 1:  Trae / Bogie / Snell      / Collins / Capela - 113 minutes - 128.1 OFFRTG - 121.7 DEFRTG - +6.40 NETRTG

Lineup 2:  Trae / Bogie / Huerter / Collins / Capela - 112 minutes - 123.1 OFFRTG - 101.3 DEFRTG - +21.8 NETRTG

Is Kevin really that much better than Tony defensively??   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Lineup 1:  Trae / Bogie / Snell      / Collins / Capela - 113 minutes - 128.1 OFFRTG - 121.7 DEFRTG - +6.40 NETRTG

Lineup 2:  Trae / Bogie / Huerter / Collins / Capela - 112 minutes - 123.1 OFFRTG - 101.3 DEFRTG - +21.8 NETRTG

Yes, as much grief as we give Huerter.  He is leading the Hawks in steals, he makes timely deflections, his team defense is always on point, he can guard the quicker guys better that Tony, he just lacks the bulk. 

Tony has more success against the bigger wings, I think.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I've been praising Heurter for his defense the past 2 months.  He looks so much better out there it's nice to see some stats back that up, even if that's a really small sample of minutes...

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I expect Randle and Barrett to shoot them out of a couple games where we give them grief on the defensive end.  I also expect us to blow them out one game where we get hot from the arc, and I think Trae will take over one game in the 4th.

Hawks in 5 -- I want to be there when we close the series out at State Farm 

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Still relatively small samples so different opponents is likely part of the story here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's funny that, if we'd won 3 vs them, the argument would be that it doesn't matter since the playoffs are a different animal.

But, since they won 3 vs us, the argument is that what happened in the regular season will continue in the playoffs since ... it's the same now, I guess?  Weird.

Yeah.  Teams play in the same conference and finished the season with the exact same record.  All signs point to a toss up.   Hawks injury history and record down the stretch points to us having an edge.   Throw in home court and maybe it's back to a toss up.

• Like 2

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

@sturt will correctly point out that Snell is always among the worst on his team and the worst in the league in DRTG.  This year, he is worse than Trae and only ahead of Lou.