• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Like I mentioned before, the organization was questioning the Bogi decision before LP got fired. Their chemistry was pretty bad.

Bogi splits before Nate, after Nate.

Pre Nate - 9.4 PPG and 34ish % from 3.

Post Nate 18.7 ppg. April-May 22 ppg shooting 50% and 49+% from 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'd say thats a difference. Suffice it to say Bogi wasn't too pleased with the offensive sets run under LP for good reason as it turned out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I got into a bit of a joust with a guy on rgm that said ATL shopped Bogd at the deadline.  Are you tellin' me I called that guy a jackarse for nothing?

Yah....sorry but you're the jackass ( 😘).  I posted a bit about it (not too much).  But there was talk while he was on the mend that it was a mistake (based on his very bad early sample) and they were looking to feature him once he came back to garner some offers. But he scored only 39 points in his first 6 games back in March (post LP) and that quashed his value. The deadline was March 25 and 10 days before that they were listening to offers. He scored 65 points over the next 4 games leading up to the deadline and they rethought it, pulling him off the table. Big factors were his expression of being happier under Nate and them seeing that his early bad start was Covid related.  Nate also was pro BB (so I've been told). At the time, his value was so low that we might have had to send draft considerations to move him or take on an overpriced vet.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yah....sorry but you're the jackass ( 😘).  I posted a bit about it (not too much).  But there was talk while he was on the mend that it was a mistake (based on his very bad early sample) and they were looking to feature him once he came back to garner some offers. But he scored only 39 points in his first 6 games back in March (post LP) and that quashed his value. The deadline was March 25 and 10 days before that they were listening to offers. He scored 65 points over the next 4 games leading up to the deadline and they rethought it, pulling him off the table. Big factors were his expression of being happier under Nate and them seeing that his early bad start was Covid related.  Nate also was pro BB (so I've been told). At the time, his value was so low that we might have had to send draft considerations to move him or take on an overpriced vet.

Link to the BB bit from back in March...sorry you missed it.

[quote] 

Teams are calling on Huerter and offering real value, but he is playing his way into a permanent role on this club and is very popular in the locker room.  He could be packaged if we get a deal that knocks our socks off.

The Hawks are trying to package Bruno to anyone who will listen and no one is listening. He may be included in a deal to bring back a big to backup CC.....but he has no value around the league right now. He is the only player we are actively shopping.

and the final big nugget.

The team is not sure it made the right decision on BB and will listen to offers for him in the offseason. If they can move BB, they will use that money to keep Collins (unless we get an offer we can't refuse).  The team (and others) still think he's worth the money but a very bad fit. Of everything I'm posting here, this is the one I was told that I believe the most.  Do not be surprised if you start hearing about this in the news. [quote]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Is that good?  

Also, Nate is COTY I don't care what anyone says.  

Thank God Nate is pretty well respected in the NBA fraternity, otherwise I could totally see them spinning a BS narrative the same way they did with Trae for ROY. "Oh, it's called Coach of the year, not coach of the 2nd half of the season"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, thecampster said:

giphy.gif 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm very interested to see how much energy the Knicks have and if they level up for the post season.  I'm skeptical for sure.  

As for Payton, his net rating is -11.0 and he avgs about 50 possessions per game.  So they are giving up 5.5 pts on average just by sending him out there.  In a tight playoff series, that's a lot.  

It is head-scratching how he gets 24 minutes when Rivers, Quickley, and Rose are all decent-or-better defenders.  His offensive rating is, well, offensive.  He just always struck me as one of those guys who coaches love due to obedience or something.  Thibs likes to further guys’ careers and get them paid which is commendable.  Look at Luol Deng. Sure his body may be cracking and creaking, he’s still getting paid $5M by the Lakers through next season while he’s somewhere on an African beach lol.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It is head-scratching how he gets 24 minutes when Rivers, Quickley, and Rose are all decent-or-better defenders.  His offensive rating is, well, offensive.  He just always struck me as one of those guys who coaches love due to obedience or something.  Thibs likes to further guys’ careers and get them paid which is commendable.  Look at Luol Deng. Sure his body may be cracking and creaking, he’s still getting paid $5M by the Lakers through next season while he’s somewhere on an African beach lol.

Rivers is no longer with the Knicks and Quickley is a rookie.

Enjoy!  This season may be as good as it gets.  Why?  Because Atlanta has a very good 10-12 players available right now.  Who do we lose this off season?  Who do we replace them with?

Think of how good we are right now.  We ain't perfect but, we're good.  Enjoy the ride!!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

That is a little skewed though:

Bogi 1st 9 games under LP 21/58 from 3 36% (mostly off the bench)

Bogi 1st 9 games under Nate 14/49 from 3 28% (off the bench)

After those 9 games under Nate, Bogi blew up and started in Game #11 under Nate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Enjoy!  This season may be as good as it gets.  Why?  Because Atlanta has a very good 10-12 players available right now.  Who do we lose this off season?  Who do we replace them with?

Think of how good we are right now.  We ain't perfect but, we're good.  Enjoy the ride!!

:smug:

Exactly were like a bunch of 18 year old senior girls that hang out at your house but each departs to a different college the following year and same with your son or daughter, whomever friends they may be..

That wasn’t me it was my inner creep kg... carry on :unsure:

• Thanks 1