• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, AHF said:

Pretty sure that was the most lopsided series in NBA history.   I share your pain.

I think it was the most lopsided for a #2 vs #3 matchup. Not sure if it was the most lopsided of all time, though I think it may have been. But yea, It basically cost Woody his job despite having by far his most succesful regular season.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think it was the most lopsided for a #2 vs #3 matchup. Not sure if it was the most lopsided of all time, though I think it may have been. But yea, It basically cost Woody his job despite having by far his most succesful regular season.

I'm not aware of any series that was this lopsided, although I can't claim to have absolutely confirmed it.  The fact that this was a #2 vs #3 makes it extra embarrassing.  The gap shouldn't be that big.  We won 53 games that regular season.  Couldn't adjust in the post-season as usual per Woodson.

The 1 vs 8 matchups that year were Cavs over Bulls by +46 and Lakers over Thunder by +14.  Our series was Magic over Hawks by +101.

For most lopsided series in my mind, you start with series that were sweeps and then look at the total or average margin of victory.

The most lopsided series Jordan's Bulls ever had was an average 16.7 margin of victory against the Magic in 1996.  Orlando's average margin of victory against us was over 25.  Some quick internet research shows a few series at 22 per game but nothing else this high.

It was an embarrassment.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

Collins gotta step up this series.  Need at least a dub from him a game.

Collins doesn't really need to prove anything offensively. He needs to prove that he won't get bullied by Randle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

That's about 65% capacity. Hopefully the spotlight isn't too big for our guys.

What's a bummer is we will only be allowing 7,625. Why are we letting NY upstage us? And New York has tougher Covid restrictions than we do, at least until recently, and now they are having more fans. Hawks management really misread the room here. Allow as many fans as lawfully allowed, which I believe is a full house currently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What's a bummer is we will only be allowing 7,625. Why are we letting NY upstage us? And New York has tougher Covid restrictions than we do, at least until recently, and now they are having more fans. Hawks management really misread the room here. Allow as many fans as lawfully allowed, which I believe is a full house currently.

The Hawks management said they will look into the new CDC guidelines regarding our capacity.  New York updated theirs after the announcement from the CDC last week.  The Hawks may do the same before next week's game. 

Eitherway, it'll be more fans than the regular season.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Capela revealing their hand too early?

Nah...all he has to do is look at the boxscore for Randle's 3 games vs the Hawks.  It's no secret. 

It's how we will attempt to stop him - that's the secret.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I have to say this, Bogi was not a fan of LP. He never sugar coats his love of McMillian and his disdain for the way LP was using him. 

Like I mentioned before, the organization was questioning the Bogi decision before LP got fired. Their chemistry was pretty bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I have to say this, Bogi was not a fan of LP. He never sugar coats his love of McMillian and his disdain for the way LP was using him. 

At all.

I also found it odd that his first game back came right after LP got fired. 

Just now, turnermx said:

I actually see this as beneficial to Trae. He loves to play to the crowds.

Ya I predicted that we would have a lot of international Trae fans soon 😉 Hawks in general. 👏 

Just now, kg01 said:

I got into a bit of a joust with a guy on rgm that said ATL shopped Bogd at the deadline.  Are you tellin' me I called that guy a jackarse for nothing?

Ya let me guess, Warriors fan? They wanted Bogi along with probably 28 other teams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1