• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

I would be SHOCKED if Trae got over 6 FTA a game this series. One of Bogi/Gallo/Lou is going to have to be hot this series for us to win.

Trae has to use that foul baiting tactic in the pick and roll. We need to live at the free throw line in this series.

• Like 3

Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

Trae has to use that foul baiting tactic in the pick and roll. We need to live at the free throw line in this series.

I just feel he is going to get the "James Harden in the Playoffs" treatment no matter what. The refs will swallow their whistle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

I just feel he is going to get the "James Harden in the Playoffs" treatment no matter what. The refs will swallow their whistle.

Refs are definitely gonna try to make a point by swallowing the whistle.  Heyul, they already started in the regular season.  He'll need to go for 20 assists in game 1, don't look for calls.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

I hope McMillan tells him that! Seriously! Don’t expect the foul to be called. Focus on making the shot 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Trae has game.  He doesn't need to live at the line.  I feel like people have forgotten how capable he is as a shooter.  You have to believe in the player you have seen over his career instead of his recent cold spell.   

He only needed to do this under LP and spamming PnRs offense but people don't really watch us and many just assume that he does regardless 

• Like 4

He does seem to handle the spotlight well, but he is human.  His first NBA shot was an air ball.  Pretty weak performance at the 3 point contest.  
I think he loves the spotlight, but it takes him a while to calm his nerves.  As he matures I think his nerves will get under control better.  Will be interesting to see how he handles the playoffs and MSG.  

• Like 2

NERVES

Naturally, these inexperienced players on both teams will be a tad tight as they enter the playoffs for the first time.  One big question:  Will playing in front of their home fans, will it help or hinder the NY players?  Will they want to please their fans so much that they can't?  Or, will it cause them to be extra great?

:play_truck:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

NERVES

Naturally, these inexperienced players on both teams will be a tad tight as they enter the playoffs for the first time.  One big question:  Will playing in front of their home fans, will it help or hinder the NY players?  Will they want to please their fans so much that they can't?  Or, will it cause them to be extra great?

:play_truck:

I think this series in particular to be has potential to be decided by nerves.  Also, we often see momentum shifts in the playoffs.  A team looks unstoppable, and then the other team changes their strategy and completely shuts them down.  
I want us to hand Nate Dogg his first series win.  
Side note, I’m shocked that the Knicks are such a TV draw that we are on TNT instead of the star power of Sixers vs Wizards.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2021 at 1:03 PM, kg01 said:

Ayo stop .. collaborate and listen, guys.  You may think Tom's screamin' "ICE!" to tell his guys to ice the pick 'n roll.  Nah, he's just shoutin' out his favorite rapper ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471165cx48vy1g02mrih

- Dom Thibodeau

My brother has something in common with Dan E. Ferry.  They both completed dragged Luol Deng's career through a ditch.  Ayo RJ ....

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47fc0z8o166wvzsxv3h

- Dom Thibodeau