• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More than 48 Hrs til the next round starts, so here's a question about the future growth of the team...

REHawksFan

Just now, thecampster said:

I mean seriously, read the list....not elite at any one thing but good at most.

Can put the ball on the floor and get his own shot (check).

Can guard 1-3 (check).

Can shoot from 3 with good eFG (check).

Good positional defense (check).

Disrupts passing lanes (check).

Can handle the ball as a secondary ball handler (check).

Good help defense (check).

Moves without the ball (check).

Awesome hair.....okay he's lacking here.

He will never be a great starter for us but he's a great get for others. I know Atlanta doesn't want to trade him but his trade interest has always been the closest to the value Atlanta covets. It's not like some of the others where teams offer nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He will never be a great starter for us but he's a great get for others. I know Atlanta doesn't want to trade him but his trade interest has always been the closest to the value Atlanta covets. It's not like some of the others where teams offer nonsense. 

His trade value is probably peaking this summer so if we aren't planning on paying him I expect Schlenk to get us something in return.

I'm still holding out hope for Cam though.  I will be wearing my Cam jersey in 2027 telling everyone to keep sleeping on him, he's one summer workout away from 1st team all-NBA 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

His trade value is probably peaking this summer so if we aren't planning on paying him I expect Schlenk to get us something in return.

I'm still holding out hope for Cam though.  I will be wearing my Cam jersey in 2027 telling everyone to keep sleeping on him, he's one summer workout away from 1st team all-NBA 

He got the talent. It's about it all coming together. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I will be wearing my Cam jersey in 2027 telling everyone to keep sleeping on him, he's one summer workout away from 1st team all-NBA 

You got one too huh? I got the first available in July of 2019, I’ve worn it twice. Lol

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

So.  Cam appears ready to play in this series against the 76ers.  Now, what do you say?

:play_truck:

If he plays, I think it'll be a very specific and limited role. He'll take the Snell/Solo minutes. I don't think Nate disrupts the Main 9

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If he plays, I think it'll be a very specific and limited role. He'll take the Snell/Solo minutes. I don't think Nate disrupts the Main 9

Don't be given away Solo minutes now jbird. He's the secret weapon that no one EVER sees coming.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Don't be given away Solo minutes now jbird. He's the secret weapon that no one EVER sees coming.  

We definitely needed Solo's grit and toughness for all of his 17 minutes against the Knicks, to go along with his 3 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist.😄

Snell played 25 minutes total the 1st 2 games: 3 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We definitely needed Solo's grit and toughness for all of his 17 minutes against the Knicks, to go along with his 3 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist.😄

Snell played 25 minutes total the 1st 2 games: 3 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal.

It's crazy to say but Solo is WAY more impactful than Tony, even though Tony shot 50% from 3pt this year.  He just doesn't seem to make an impact at all.  I predict Solo will hit a big 3 at some point this series.  Difference maker.  And he hides in plain sight too.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It's crazy to say but Solo is WAY more impactful than Tony, even though Tony shot 50% from 3pt this year.  He just doesn't seem to make an impact at all.  I predict Solo will hit a big 3 at some point this series.  Difference maker.  And he hides in plain sight too.  

Snell has made bigger impacts when given extended minutes. He has disappeared both parts of the year when he has been strictly used as a reserve. I think he needs to have a rhythm to be effective. 

Solo on the other hand is a little more versatile and aggressive off the bench. He doesn't need a rhythm to make an impact. He is more hustle than skill.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 4:55 PM, JeffS17 said:

I'm afraid I am unhealthfully vested in this post season. Going crazy waiting on tip off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

I'm afraid I am unhealthfully vested in this post season. Going crazy waiting on tip off.

I was more nervous and anxious for the Knicks series. 

I'm calm and ready for this one.

• Like 1

I'm calmer for this series than the Knicks series.  With the Knicks, I was uncertain about whether or not the refs would take away all of Trae's fouls and if that would mess with his mind.  I was concerned that the Knicks "bully ball" might distract our young guys and mess with our offensive rhythm.  I was certain the MSG crowd would be a negative factor for us somehow.  I was wrong on all three counts, happily.

For this series with the 76ers, I am calmer because I feel like if Embiid is not 100% we will win.  If he is 100% we will lose.  Simple as that.  So, while I don't want us to lose, there seems to be less to question so less need to worry.  Just watch and see it evolve/devolve.    

• Premium Member

Me? I'm like...

giphy.gif

The rest of 2020-21 is just gravy. All for fun. Gettin ready for 2021-22. Testing ourselves under fire to see what improvement needs to happen for the all-in assault for a the big trophy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Me? I'm like...

giphy.gif

The rest of 2020-21 is just gravy. All for fun. Gettin ready for 2021-22. Testing ourselves under fire to see what improvement needs to happen for the all-in assault for a the big trophy.

One of these things is not like the others....😄

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/6/2021 at 10:55 AM, sturt said:

Me? I'm like...

giphy.gif

Yep.

• Haha 1