• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to have the uncomfortable conversation about Bogdanovic

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It was the easy choice, I guess.  Mannion and Poole are on the list.  Which of their other picks have panned out in any meaningful way?

What I meant was that they had the chance to pick Mayes and picked Mannion instead.   IF they are as bad as you say.. Mannion should not be as good as Mayes.. going into the future. 

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

That's what happens in the playoffs!!  People get exposed like James Harden each and every year.

Yah, I haven't looked at Bogi's other playoff #'s; maybe it was the knee.  I kept seeing Seth Curry and last year the guys on Heat burying 3 after 3 and wish we had a clutch 3 shooter like that.  Our 3 attempts look like desperation shots. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

What I meant was that they had the chance to pick Mayes and picked Mannion instead.   IF they are as bad as you say.. Mannion should not be as good as Mayes.. going into the future. 

Yes, I know what you meant.  I was taking it further by saying they've had a couple questionable picks.

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wind is blowing for Bogi?  Bury this thread and disappear like it never happened.  Wind is blowing against Bogi?  Show up and claim victory.  We know how this will go.  Bogi's cold stretches will be met with "told you he sucks."  His hot stretches will be met with "crickets."

Totally agree with you that he, Huerter and Gallo have stunk it up so far this year compared to what we expect from them.  They will all have much better stretches as the year progresses.  Hopefully, we'll have at least 2 of the 3 in a positive frame for most of the season but not right now.  His 14 points on 11 shots, 6 rebounds (2nd best on the team), 4 assists (2nd best on the team), and 0 turnovers isn't the worst thing in the world but we needed more from him tonight.  JC and Cam were the only two who showed up with a significant impact tonight.

I notice you never mention his defense

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, AHF said:

Are you envisioning something like Bogi and Delon Wright and a first round pick for Simmons?

I can do that or Bogi/Gallo for Simmons or Gallo/Wright/1st for Simmons. 

Let's get past the other stuff... on the court, his defense is great.   His size gives us toughness in the backcourt.  I can see playing him as OG and it would give Trae some relief.  Defensively with him and wingstop...   Sadly though, we still must consider his attitude. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I can do that or Bogi/Gallo for Simmons or Gallo/Wright/1st for Simmons. 

Let's get past the other stuff... on the court, his defense is great.   His size gives us toughness in the backcourt.  I can see playing him as OG and it would give Trae some relief.  Defensively with him and wingstop...   Sadly though, we still must consider his attitude. 

I don't see the fit with Simmons.  The PNR with Trae, Collins, and Capela is so deadly.  Last year Huerter and Bogi made it devastating.  They were not only making threes, but they could also take guys off the dribble and create shots.  Remember the dribble, pass, shoot formula?  Simmons gives you zero on the shooting.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

You ready to trade for Ben Simmons yet?

I like Ben Simmons.  I would be all over getting him out of Philly, but how does he fit?  He can't/won't shoot and Trae doesn't play off the ball.  Not saying he can or can't, but at this moment in time Trae simply doesn't move without the ball in his hands.  What are we gonna do with our star...?  Just turn him into a spot up shooter?  Once he has the ball, Ben is negated...except as perhaps a roll man - and we already have two of those (elite BTW).  So spot up JC...or bring Ben off the bench?  The 6th man idea is fantastic, but again...in a vacuum.  In reality, that's probably a disaster waiting to happen with that fragile psyche of his.

I'd co-sign if we were convinced of Trae's off the ball movement.  As it were, it's a bad fit - or at best, an expensive experimental fit.  If we were a part of Ben Simmons trade, I'd rather us be a facilitator in a multi-team blockbuster.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, AHF said:

Wind is blowing for Bogi?  Bury this thread and disappear like it never happened.  Wind is blowing against Bogi?  Show up and claim victory.  We know how this will go.  Bogi's cold stretches will be met with "told you he sucks."  His hot stretches will be met with "crickets."

Totally agree with you that he, Huerter and Gallo have stunk it up so far this year compared to what we expect from them.  They will all have much better stretches as the year progresses.  Hopefully, we'll have at least 2 of the 3 in a positive frame for most of the season but not right now.  His 14 points on 11 shots, 6 rebounds (2nd best on the team), 4 assists (2nd best on the team), and 0 turnovers isn't the worst thing in the world but we needed more from him tonight.  JC and Cam were the only two who showed up with a significant impact tonight.

Bogi has been solid, he hasn't been the issue. Huerter, and Cap have been playing well below their level last year, especially Huerter who has been catastrophic offensively. If Huerter had been matching Bogi's production and efficiency we're likely undefeated right now.

• Like 2