• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KEEPERS !!

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all act like defenses pay less attention to Trae when Bogi is on the floor.  This is laughable!  They leave Bogi more than they leave Huerter!

I don't think this is true but I don't feel like arguing, just had a nice night out and tryin' to chill while my buzz wears off lol

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

I don't think this is true but I don't feel like arguing, just had a nice night out and tryin' to chill while my buzz wears off lol

Philadelphia was double and triple teaming Trae the entire time.  So no, there was no Bogi effect in the playoffs

• Premium Member

A roster of 15??

Tre/Dunn/Lou

Bogi/Cam/Huerter

Dre/_______ Solo 

JC/Gallo/

Capela/OO/Knight 

From my understanding, Dunn can opt out.   We would have to resign Lou, Solo, and Knight.   So with all this, we leave two spaces.  I would say that one of those spaces would be to look at the possibility of bringing in a BU PG who can run the offense.   While Dunn may be a good defensive PG, his criticisms have been running an offense and hitting threes.   Lou can hit the shots, but his weakness is running the offense and playing strong defense. 

A lot of us like TJ McConnel.   That's not a bad thought.   A name that should also be considered is Michael Conley Jr. 

IF we target a big name PG like one of those, then our draft pick ought to be BPA.  I wouldn't be mad if we took Charles Bassey. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A name that should also be considered is Michael Conley Jr. 

1. He's out of our price range

2. He's not coming here to back up Trae. He's still a starter - teams with capspace in need of a PG will look to sign him.

*Bruno has a guaranteed contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

@TheNorthCydeRises kinda spelled it out for you.  He even used regular season games.  Are you going to at least acknowledge the stats he researched for this discussion?

I thought you didn't care about his shooting?  I wasn't gonna comment because you seemed disinterested.  You demonstrated that by losing interest in our team when he came back from injury in March and shot 46% from 3 through the end of May.  In that stretch the Hawks went 27-11.  Did you watch those games? 

Not sure that North's post proves his shooting doesn't matter.  In 44 games, Bogi made 5 threes 14 times per his comment.  We went 11-3 in those games.  Over the course of an entire season that means he could win us around 20 games by hitting 5 threes in 30% of all games total.  That's enough for me to want him on the team.  

I'm not saying that shooting is the only skill that matters, but players who are elite at shooting help your team win.  I'm not in favor of trading away this guy to give minutes to a career 30% shooter.  Reddish has to show consistency before we move on from Bogi.  

Edited by Final_quest
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

KEEPERS:

Trae/#20 pick

Bogi /Huerter

Hunter / Cam

Collins / Gallo

Capela / Okongwu

I'd prefer upgrades elsewhere, but since that doesn't always happen:

• Lou OR Hill can be back for the Locker room on vet min
  • Dunn traded to clear capspace or for bench help (House for Dunn and a 2nd, replaces Snell)
  • Bruno - I wouldn't mind seeimg him play significant minutes in the GLeague next season
  • Knight and Mays - GLeague/2way, one may get an NBA contract so we can sign another 2way.
  • Snell - thanks for 56% from 3 in the regular season.

I'm doing a 180 on the 'we can't go into the season with a rookie PG'.  IF there is one in the draft good enough why not? We just went into a season with Okongwo as a rookie backup C. If we had drafted Haliburton we most likely would have had him as the backup PG last season (not signed Rondo). I get the stakes are a little higher since we got to the ECF's but I'm so tired of the backup PG revolving door. And I'm not saying not to sign a vet but I would like some stability at the position.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

KEEPERS:

Trae/#20 pick

Bogi /Huerter

Hunter / Cam

Collins / Gallo

Capela / Okongwu

• Dunn traded to clear capspace or for bench help (House for Dunn and a 2nd, replaces Snell)
  • Bruno - I wouldn't mind seeimg him play significant minutes in the GLeague next season
  • Knight and Mays - GLeague/2way, one may get an NBA contract so we can sign another 2way.

I'm doing a 180 on the 'we can't go into the season with a rookie PG'.  IF there is one in the draft good enough why not? We just went into a season with Okongwo as a rookie backup C. If we had drafted Haliburton we most likely would have had him as the backup PG last season (not signed Rondo). I get the stakes are a little higher since we got to the ECF's but I'm so tired of the backup PG revolving door. And I'm not saying not to sign a vet but I would like some stability at the position.

Just take all my likes and thanks!!!

If we have a young talented backup PG that we can cost control for at least 4 years that'll be great.  We'll need a vet that can play until the young guy is ready to go. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

KEEPERS:

Trae/#20 pick

Bogi /Huerter

Hunter / Cam

Collins / Gallo

Capela / Okongwu

So you're saying that you want this guy . . . 

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So you're saying that you want this guy . . . 

No, he can't shoot.  

Edit:  It's his form that's super concerning.  That's a lot to work out in order for him to become a good shooter.  His passing is next level.

Edited by marco102

12 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Yall are VERY sure the Hawks are gonna max John Collins because that's what it's gonna take.

He'll get over 4 yrs / 100 mill, that's for sure.

I'm assuming his contract will be somewhere between 25 - 30 mill a year and around 100 - 150 million, depending on how many years we give him.  It's a good investment, seeing that we're thin at PF.

• Like 1

I have a stupid question.  I know.  Stupid people ask stupid questions.  But, sincerely, if the Hawks use their #20 draft pick for a good rookie PG, does he have to stay on the Hawks roster?  Or, can he go to the G League where he can play all the time?

If this is possible, he would be available to call up any time that any PG on the roster had to miss a lot of games.  Right now Hawks need another PG.  But, they don't need him right now.  This is why I think that sending him to the G League would be ideal.

In the discussion about Bogie, both sides have some good thoughts.  Neither side is 100% right nor is either side 100% wrong.  You just know that life as a Hawk fan is great when this is all we have to fuss over!

:sun:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I have a stupid question.  I know.  Stupid people ask stupid questions.  But, sincerely, if the Hawks use their #20 draft pick for a good rookie PG, does he have to stay on the Hawks roster?  Or, can he go to the G League where he can play all the time?

If this is possible, he would be available to call up any time that any PG on the roster had to miss a lot of games.  Right now Hawks need another PG.  But, they don't need him right now.  This is why I think that sending him to the G League would be ideal.

In the discussion about Bogie, both sides have some good thoughts.  Neither side is 100% right nor is either side 100% wrong.  You just know that life as a Hawk fan is great when this is all we have to fuss over!

:sun:

Very true. The #20 can be assigned to play in the GL throughout the season and called up as needed.

Regarding Bogi, I get the focus is on his 3 point shooting, but I'm more enamored with his All-Round game: his movement off ball, he's an adequate 3 level scorer- CnS, drive and pull up, side step and shoot, he can drive but doesn'tdo it enough, he can handle the ball and run the offense, he's a decent rebounder, and he's not a turnstile on defense. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Re-sign Collins:  5 yrs / 140 mill ( 28 mill per year ) . . player option year 4

If we are signing JC to a 5 year deal, there is no way I'm giving him a player option. Thatshim getting the best of both worlds.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Very true. The #20 can be assigned to play in the GL throughout the season and called up as needed.

Regarding Bogi, I get the focus is on his 3 point shooting, but I'm more enamored with his All-Round game: his movement off ball, he's an adequate 3 level scorer- CnS, drive and pull up, side step and shoot, he can drive but doesn'tdo it enough, he can handle the ball and run the offense, he's a decent rebounder, and he's not a turnstile on defense. 

He is an older shorter less athletic Kevin Huerter.  Except Huerter has picked up his defense.