• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All the Minnesota Rumors put together.

Diesel

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, sturt said:

Someone help me out... I've scoured Twitter just now, and I'm having difficulty discovering anything but the one "rumor" (which isn't anything more than a mention of MIN interest, of course).

What's this "all the rumors?"

Gracias in advance.

Been almost an hour.

I'm left to think that everyone else is in the same boat as am I.

So, my interest in this thread is waning accordingly. I don't really care that much that a MIN podcaster claims to have a source that ID'd Gallo as a target. It's a big ... iPwv8V%2BWnw&pid=ImgRaw ... for me.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yup, people give Clint shit for his defense in the playoffs but the truth is interior defense isn't the factor it used to be. What you need to win in the big games against the best teams is elite defense in the perimeter. 

Making such a trade would change the emphasis on us stopping people to us out pointing people. 

If Trae gets to PNR with JC and KAT...

or gets to Drive and Kick to those guys....  

Who will stop this team??

Especially with Bogi out there. 

The tale on our team was stop Trae and you stop the Hawks.    Towns is a legit 25/10 player and his passing is underrated.  Offensively... he's a great upgrade to Clint.   He also shoots damn near 40% from three.   Do you realize how much pressure that would put on teams trying to figure out how to double us...

Yeah.. we give up some defense.  But understand.. what kept us in games wasn't the defense.  What kept us in games in the playoffs was runs.... offensive runs. Complete with Big threes...    Well, just imagine if we don't have offensive droughts...

• Premium Member

I think Minnesota should have traded down and drafted OO. He would have been the perfect  compliment for that team. They would have picked up extra assets too.  They should traded for Scary Terry, the #3 pick (OO) and a future 1st. They need defense on that team.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Making such a trade would change the emphasis on us stopping people to us out pointing people. 

If Trae gets to PNR with JC and KAT...

or gets to Drive and Kick to those guys....  

Who will stop this team??

Especially with Bogi out there. 

The tale on our team was stop Trae and you stop the Hawks.    Towns is a legit 25/10 player and his passing is underrated.  Offensively... he's a great upgrade to Clint.   He also shoots damn near 40% from three.   Do you realize how much pressure that would put on teams trying to figure out how to double us...

Yeah.. we give up some defense.  But understand.. what kept us in games wasn't the defense.  What kept us in games in the playoffs was runs.... offensive runs. Complete with Big threes...    Well, just imagine if we don't have offensive droughts...

The playoffs proved one thing and it's that regular season three point shooting doesn't really translate to post season three point shooting. 

If the Hawks were to trade for KAT, I'd want him inside the arc, midrange, post ups, rolling to the basket, etc.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, sturt said:

Been almost an hour.

I'm left to think that everyone else is in the same boat as am I.

So, my interest in this thread is waning accordingly. I don't really care that much that a MIN podcaster claims to have a source that ID'd Gallo as a target. It's a big ... iPwv8V%2BWnw&pid=ImgRaw ... for me.

HOOPSHYPE has this rumor under - - Rumors- Minnesota....

:hi:

KAT's defense is underrated imo, twolves is a mess team wise and KAT has to carry such load on both sides of the ball. His defensive responsibilities would be much more defined in ATL and his offense is infinitely better than CC. With that said, not sure if i could give up on Hunter so soon.

Edited by dalamchops
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

HOOPSHYPE has this rumor under - - Rumors- Minnesota....

:hi:

Yep... interesting that HoopsRumors doesn't appear to have even thought it yet merited a mention.

I dunno. I'm about to call BS on this, and officially the beginning of hype week for no-names to see if some whisper from someone's barber's third cousin can turn into the thrill of seeing their name splashed around Twitter.

But. For the heckuvit....

You'd think we'd have interest in Rubio in such a trade, just naturally.

You'd think Schlenk plausibly might reasonably feasibly sorta-kinda maybe could still have some interest in Culver. Not totally ridiculous.

And you'd think Schlenk would look for some asset to replace the PF void created by such a trade.

I don't like this trade. But it's somewhere in the region of something that might be considered.

2021-07-21_11-40-50.png

35 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I think Minnesota should have traded down and drafted OO.

I’m just glad he didn’t go #2 to the Warriors. I honestly believe Okongwu with the tutoring of Draymond would have been flat out scary. Having said that, I love ant 🐜 man as an individual player but not as a team guy for wins, Okongwu will translate to wins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rqj3vdb1henrmvpb5y

Thank you, spud2!

(And 'you're welcome' for that gif :heya:)

This is the part folks don't seem to get.  Folks want to just make a move for the sake of making a move.  Just to feel like they're "doing something".

Well, just because you made a move, doesn't necessarily mean you got better.  It just means you did something.  If that's what floats people's boats, fine.  But I can't stand when folks act as if that automatically propels the team further.

I’d would honestly be ok with hiring the guys who ran the jazz from 90-98, basically even before that and bring the same team back every year, year after year with this roster. If money wasn’t an issue, could you imagine this team intact and what they would look like in 6 years? Like with all the guys.. scary. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, marco102 said:

The playoffs proved one thing and it's that regular season three point shooting doesn't really translate to post season three point shooting. 

If the Hawks were to trade for KAT, I'd want him inside the arc, midrange, post ups, rolling to the basket, etc.

I don't disagree.

I just think how killer "tired Embiid's" three pointers were. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

And folks fail to recognize Clint's struggles were actually more of a product of our struggles on the perimeter.

It's like when a QB throws a touchdown to a wide open receiver and everybody looks at the corner like, "Whyyou get beat so bad, bro?!?"

Having no idea that the breakdown in coverage could've been the safety's fault.

Yup- or the D Line getting owned 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

KAT would probably cost the farm and he still has motivational issues despite putting up good numbers on bad teams.

Would Mo Bamba be a decent option for cheaper?

I would take a flier on Mo Bamba and he'd be much cheaper.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Diesel said:

All those Minny Rumors put together leads to:

Clint, Gallo, Hunter, and 2 1st rounders for KAT and Rubio....

We get the more active offensive piece in KAT.. we get the BU PG in Rubio.   They get Younger and more defensive.  We resign JC. 

If we did that:

Trae, Rubio, Dunn

Huerter, Red

Bogi, Solo, X

JC, OO

KAT, Bruno, Knight

Our immediate need becomes at the Wing.  I would say defensive stopper. 

I just wonder.. how would KAT fare against the Embiids and the Giannis'...

JC's skill set is too redundant of KAT's to justify having both. If we do this deal, there needs to be a corresponding S&T of JC where we at least get a poor man's Hunter back--someone who can score and defend both forward positions. Since that's not happening...no thanks.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If Atlanta wants to take a shot in the dark at Culver, use Dunn for that, not an impact player like Gallo. He got a -0.8 WAR and a -0.4 WAR and saw his time cut in half like Bruno. No beuno! 

Agreed. People underrate Gallo's impact. He's had 3 straight years with a >61% TS%. The fact that he's a 6'10 dude who is an efficient scorer out to 30+ feet is extremely valuable in clutch situations and the playoffs, as he proved several times this past season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, kg01 said:

And folks fail to recognize Clint's struggles were actually more of a product of our struggles on the perimeter.

It's like when a QB throws a touchdown to a wide open receiver and everybody looks at the corner like, "Whyyou get beat so bad, bro?!?"

Having no idea that the breakdown in coverage could've been the safety's fault.

100%, especially against Milwaukee. The" Brooke Lopez game" was really the Jrue Holliday game. And yes, he got sonned by Embiid through a big chunk of the Philly series, but that's what Embiid does to everyone and why he was a few games missed by injury away from the MVP award. 

• Like 1