• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks open to TRAINING Cam

Spud2nique

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You'll be happy to see RgM has turned this into full-on 'Cam's on the block'.

Featuring your favorite Mavs fan browbeating Hawks fans about not wanting to trade Cam although he just knew it was gonna happen.

Also features folks giving us 2 2nds or late 1sts for Cam.  Smdh

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People want Atlanta to give away it's most talented players. How about you executives take Dunn for a 1st.

Reddish and Heurter for #19 and #21.

SMMFH

That's a pretty good way to convince Trae to try to leave the A.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, SCOTT said:

My gut tells me we are trading Kevin Huerter during the draft Thursday night. I think we will keep Cam to see how he develops under Nate next season.

Possible, but strikes me as unlikely. The draft just doesn't feel like a pivot point for trading him.

Right now, K'Von is producing and projecting at a level you would hope/expect from a guy drafted in the mid-to-late lottery (#7-12 overall). He doesn't seem to have star-level upside, which dings his value a bit down from that, I think, but he has a solid floor. But if he was going to be traded for a draft pick (whether alone or as part of a package), I think we would only expect him to be moved if we were getting a late lottery pick in return where Travis could take someone he was high on. But there are no teams in that range of this draft who seem like they'd be a good fit for him (he's not a guy that a rebuilding team will want since his contract goes up next year), and also I don't think there are any players expected to go in that range who the Hawks have worked out.

My guess is we make Huerter an offer a little bit less than what we are paying Bogi, Huerter will turn it down, and we'll move him at the deadline unless it looks like we're gearing up for a serious title run in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

I see no reason Schlenk would not deal with Kvon's situation any differently than he's dealt with JC's. You express interest in an early deal, but the reality is there's little likelihood of that developing. So, you just let the RFA thing play out... but you get his services for the 21-22 season at minimum, which is critical.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This is based off of a Feb trading deadline rumor. There is nothing to see here. We are not open to trading him for a pick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

The ESPN rumor is 100% BS and based off this 4 month old BS rumor.

(Breath kg.   Breath.)

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e477ldd18k7zudgl41l4o

Thanks, lady.  Are you a yoga instructor or something?

I just need to know how far in I need to go on these RgM fools for runnin' with this garbage?  Just because some twit puts out a twit, doesn't make it true.  Have we not learned that collectively as a society?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, sturt said:

Pardon the observation, but Givony didn't exactly say what he's been made out to have said...

2021-07-25_21-41-01.png

Givony isn't being "made out" to say anything. He tweeted it himself. His words.

This is what you call click bait.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Givony isn't being "made out" to say anything. He tweeted it himself. His words.

This is what you call click bait.

I think you and stu are both right (or both wrong?).

The guy put that tweet out knowing, despite using "one of" and "such as", full well that people would take the tweet and run with it.

Exactly as planned (imho), people are now saying Cam is on the block and citing his twit as "news".

So he is indeed being "made out" to have said something he didn't ... but he also said what he said.

Try spinning outta that circle.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

It's not BS because it was stated that other executives FEEL the Hawks could move one of their young players especially the attractive ones to other teams like Reddish.....

Well the "BS" is in the semantics of 2021-era "journalism" where non-stories like this are allowed to be taken as "news".

• Like 1