Hawks don’t want Ben but what about MPJ

Spud2nique

Ben or MPJ or neither  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Ben or MPJ or neither

• Ben
    • MPJ
    • Neither
    • Other (specify which player targeting)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2021 at 02:17 AM

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Is Denver trying to trade him?

I have no clue. All I know is he’s smooth, he’s got game and if his back issues are behind him, he’s got that NBA IT factor. 

The thing is so does Cam to me. They are both oozing with that P but to Porter’s credit he’s played better over a stretch of time but he was able to shoulder the load left by Murray. I usually don’t like non defenders but let’s face it Nique was no all world defender either, just sayin. I still love that 90’s physical D though don’t get me wrong.

• Premium Member

I voted neither with zero hesitation.  I am 100% sold on Hawks basketball right now.  Super content. My eyes are on Hunter and Jalen Johnson.  Their progression combined with our overall record might persuade me to start browsing the trade rumors.  Short of a meltdown, or an absolute blockbuster win, I am wholly disinterested in tampering with the core.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It's a dice roll, but personally, I'd put anyone on our roster (except Trae) on the table in a trade for MPJ. His ceiling is--no exaggeration--as high as anyone in the league right now, including Luka and Trae. He has superstar potential. That's true of no one else on our roster aside from Trae. I love Dre and Cam, but I don't see them turning into All-NBA caliber players even if everything breaks right.

It's kind of crazy, but MPJ is the only player in league history to average 40% from deep over his first two seasons while also averaging more than 5 rpg. He blew by those numbers too--he averaged 44% and 6.1 rpg.

The risk is, of course, that he's something of a modern-day Derrick Coleman, blessed with an unmatched combination of size, athleticism, and shooting ability, but never willing to focus on his game enough to reach anything resembling his potential. The fact that he doesn't play defense and doesn't pass are red flags. I'd leave to TS and MPJ's old AAU teammate who just happens to be our franchise player to decide whether he can mature and work on his game to the point where he can reach his insane ceiling.

Anyway, moot point. Denver ain't letting him go.

Edited by niremetal

I did want him in the draft but MPJ and Ben Simmons are pretty much the same player on different spectrums. One great on offense and one great on defense.

Almost all of our players especially near his position are or are becoming 2way players. Great ones at that.

We also have alot of players that can get buckets so it would be an unnecessary move.

Even if Trae wanted to play with him I think even Trae realizes guys like JC/JJ would be a better pairing.

• Like 1