• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason 2021 G1: Hawks @ Heat 10/04/2021, 7:30PM

JayBirdHawk

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to Preseason 2021 G1: Hawks @ Heat 10/04/2021, 7:30PM
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I'm only tuning in to see #CodeReddish and the rookies to be honest.

Sucks #SevinHeurter won't be playing (pause for effect) --- Yep, that's a new nickname for the season, folks.

"That's pretty cool, kg.  They say the great ones add something new to their game every season." - Rando Hawks Fan

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47xwnemxehqzyn718sxze

Speaking of adding something new, can I say again how much the Bally sports app sucks bonkey dalls.

Was watching(sic) the Braves game the other night and the app decided to cut to commercial mid-pitch in every at-bat.  So you had to sit through their commercial/boot-up process then you have to figure out if the dude made an out or not or scored or died or whatever.

If that kinda of crap happens during my Hawks broadcast, it's gonna be a lotta slow singin' and flower bringin' ...

So who can use the Bally app at this point?   I assume you have to have a supported TV subscription like the fox go app?   If so why do you use it anyway vs just using your TV provider?

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So who can use the Bally app at this point?   I assume you have to have a supported TV subscription like the fox go app?   If so why do you use it anyway vs just using your TV provider?

IIUC, it's same as fox go.  Available via cable/TV subscription.  For me, when I'm away from home, not all channels are available**.  So I have to use the stinkin' a** Bally app.

** Due to where my house is, I'm forced to use charter cable which is terrible beyond measure and far behind the times.  We moved 2-3 years ago where we had Comcast.  Going to charter was like going back in time like 10 years.  It's ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I'm going to make a bold prediction that the first time we meet the Heat in the regular season we will all regard it as the worst officiated game of the year.    For some reason the league loves to perpetuate the 'Heat style' of play which is just to foul with impunity on defense and complain endlessly if they call it.   Lowry/Butler/Morris/Tucker oh man.  

• Like 4

@Gray Mule OT Gramps but I had to let you know. I went out for some light shooting yesterday and hit 14 FT’s in a row. My career high is 17 in a row but I thought about you sir! The focus 🧘🏽‍♂️ at the charity stripe is once again welcomed as a Hawks fan for this upcoming season. We have a good FT shooting team and I love it.. not as much as Gramps but still.

• Like 4