2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hey, gotta give credit where it's due.  I've been down on Morant as an mvp candidate but to go out and lead a team to a big time W over a title favorite like PHX?  Man thats huge.

Amazing win.  You really need these mvp moments to sway voters, especially on a small market team.

I mean, I didn't even need to watch the game to just know he had to have come up big time to win against a full strength Suns team.  Those guys are tough.

Best record in the league?  And you lead your team to a W?  Should we go 'head and etch his name on the trophy or what?

Shall I continue or have I made my point?

🤓

You should have watched he put on a Defensive Showcase...The way he stopped Devin Booker was down right Historic.

Defense GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

If there be anything.   Simmons broke his contract first.  You don't get to break the contract and then file a grievance about not getting money.

We sure did make him into a PUNK...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Diesel said:

If there be anything.   Simmons broke his contract first.  You don't get to break the contract and then file a grievance about not getting money.

That series broke him.  He doesn't even want to step foot on the court.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Diesel said:

Has a legit back injury.  Find me a team that docks pay of injured players.

Once you're done and realize no teams do it, understand thats what PHI did to Simmons.

He won't get back the initial fine money but he'll get his salary back from the period following that 2-day return to Sixers practice (at which point he was shut down with the back stuff).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Has a legit back injury.  Find me a team that docks pay of injured players.

Once you're done and realize no teams do it, understand thats what PHI did to Simmons.

He won't get back the initial fine money but he'll get his salary back from the period following that 2-day return to Sixers practice (at which point he was shut down with the back stuff).

Nobody knew anything about his back until he got to Brooklyn.  Let's not rewrite the situation.  Simmons said that he did not want to play.  In fact, it was speculated that he said that he would never play for Philly again.   IF there were back problems or mental issues, his responsibility was to have his doctor communicate with team doctors.  Without that communication, Simmons lose the privileges that these other players in IL have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Nobody knew anything about his back until he got to Brooklyn.  Let's not rewrite the situation.  Simmons said that he did not want to play.  In fact, it was speculated that he said that he would never play for Philly again.   IF there were back problems or mental issues, his responsibility was to have his doctor communicate with team doctors.  Without that communication, Simmons lose the privileges that these other players in IL have.

Wrong.  Simmons first hurt his back several seasons ago, thus it was a known issue.  That he had a flare up shouldnt surprise anyone.

They'll get his medical records the grievance process.  Should they have gotten then earlier?  It's debatable.  That organization wasn't exactly acting like a trusted partner either in that regard.

And, if you believe this happened after the trade, understand that you don't go from having "no issue" pre-trade to getting an epidural unless Simmons is pregnant or something. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wrong.  Simmons first hurt his back several seasons ago, thus it was a known issue.  That he had a flare up shouldnt surprise anyone.

They'll get his medical records the grievance process.  Should they have gotten then earlier?  It's debatable.  That organization wasn't exactly acting like a trusted partner either in that regard.

And, if you believe this happened after the trade, understand that you don't go from having "no issue" pre-trade to getting an epidural unless Simmons is pregnant or something. 

The Debate is what this is about.   I don't think that there's any debate.  According to the CBA, Simmons was supposed to be working with the team physician either directly or by sharing medical records.   You can't just say " I'm sick" and miss games without having somebody get it validated through the team's physician. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

The Debate is what this is about.   I don't think that there's any debate.  According to the CBA, Simmons was supposed to be working with the team physician either directly or by sharing medical records.   You can't just say " I'm sick" and miss games without having somebody get it validated through the team's physician. 

That's fair(ish).  But what happens when you're 'sick', but the team says you're not.  When it comes to a physical injury, it's more clear.  What if you share psych info and they just disagree?  How could someone say you're 'not' depressed?

So, if they don't believe him, what's the point of sharing notes from his sessions with whoever he's talking to?

If he was sick or injured, he should have been drawing disability, not regular pay.  He was under contract to play NBA ball.  Refusing to play means he's breaking that contract and should not be paid.

There is a big difference.  Which was it?  Disability or regular pay?  

It's easy to now say "I was sick/injured and couldn't play.  Did he say this at the time?  Why not?  These questions should go a long ways in the determination of all this.

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1