• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The HAWKS Next 20 Games Before the Trade Deadline

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

1)  PROJECTED RECORD THE NEXT 20 GAMES:  10 - 10. 

Getting all of our people back only matters if everyone is playing up to acceptable levels and if Nate is making the correct adjustments.

Does Nate start Bogi & Huerter .. Bogi & Cam .. or Huerter & Cam?

Does Nate play Gallo some at the 3, strictly use him at the 4, or cut his PT altogether?

Does Delon start playing like a legit combo guard that looks to score and pass?

Does Collins raise his level of play?

There's still a lot of question marks with this team.

2) ROTATION SUGGESTIONS:

Play Gallo at the 3 in a bigger lineup. Start Cam to see if he can continue this recent level of play. Give Okongwu spot minutes at the 4. Stop playing the "all-bench" lineups.

For me, the biggest thing coming back is eliminating the all bench lineups. Whether Cam starts or not, he needs to get more minutes next to the starters than he does with the bench. Same with OO.

Nates playoff solution last year was Bogi comes out first and back in with the second unit when Trae sits. Maybe some more of that.

But I agree, More Gallo at big 3 than TLC getting 20+ minutes a game. It worked in the playoffs against Philly. The Cavs start 3 7footers and dominate the glass and are among the Easts top teams. Let's use our big lineup to help us improve on the glass. Maybe Gallo-JC-OO so there is more movement defensively and space offensively.

Finally, OO needs to be on the floor down the stretch of games since he can actually hit free throws. Clint can single handedly kill a comeback attempt by getting fouled and going to the line, which limits our offense when we are trying to grind out teams in the half court. By losing his touch, Clint is no longer getting And-1's. It's just And -nothing and empty trips. Let OO do his thing, he is perfect from the line in 3 games, but is likely a 70% kind of FT shooter, which is miles better than what we are getting from Clint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I would like to see us get back to .500 by the time we are halfway thru the season's games so 21-21.  So the next 7 games a critical:

First up Blazers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers on the road. (I actually think we can win 3 of 4 if we get it together).

Next up would be a home and home vs Heat followed up at home vs Knicks.

We'd need to win 5 of these next 7 games to get to 21-21.

Do you think we can? If yes, which 5? If No, how many do we win?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No offense, but this is Hawk Talk.

Agreed.  However, any move, trade or anything one of our opponents does has an effect on what we are going to do.  

Next 20 games?  Depends.  Who will be available for Atlanta?  Currently, Covid + injuries has wiped out much of our team.  If we can get back the majority of our team we might have a 10-10 record.  With all that's been happening we may end up with only 3 or 4 wins.

Will we make any trades?  Depends on our record and what other teams do.  What is the offer?  If it's just too good to pass up - - That's a deal!  Come on down!

:hi:

On 1/1/2022 at 9:03 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks are currently 16-19, a less than stellar record than we all anticipated. A plethora or reasons why.  We still have a chance to right the ship since we are but 3.5 games back from the #5 seed. We need to start making up ground NOW. Hopefully, we will be getting most of our NBA roster back over this upcoming week.

Hunter should be back sometime around January 12th.

There are 20 games until the trade deadline to make a serious push up the standings.

12 at home, 8 on the road - starting with the continued west coast trip Blazers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers - I would be happy If we can go 2-2 before heading home. Although, home has not been kind to the Hawks. We have had some unexpectedly brutal home losses so we really need to turn things around at home to make any headway.

Questions:

1. What will our record be over the next 20 games?

2. What do you want to see happen with the rotations assuming mostly healthy? 

3. What would our record need to be for us to have to make a trade:

a. to improve immediately (not quite there)

b. to stand pat (we're winning good)

c. look to next season (we're losing)

4. What off/under the radar move you'd like to see (meaning not the 'trade for an Allstar' move as that's a given)?

1. 13-7

2. Nate to play the ones who hot 🥵 

3. b. Standing pat (injuries played a huge part)

4. Backup PG

Names:

DJ Augustin

Goran Dragic (he around?)

Tyus Jones & D. Melt (my boy from USC)

Monte Morris

Josh Hart (heart)

Facundo Campazzo (not soccer ⚽️ Fitz you jerk)

Raul Neto

YOU KNOW WHAT, NO, NOT 13-7, WE GOIN 14-6 BIRD! YESSSS MAAAAAM! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 1/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks are currently 16-19, a less than stellar record than we all anticipated. A plethora or reasons why.  We still have a chance to right the ship since we are but 3.5 games back from the #5 seed. We need to start making up ground NOW. Hopefully, we will be getting most of our NBA roster back over this upcoming week.

Hunter should be back sometime around January 12th.

There are 20 games until the trade deadline to make a serious push up the standings.

12 at home, 8 on the road - starting with the continued west coast trip Blazers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers - I would be happy If we can go 2-2 before heading home. Although, home has not been kind to the Hawks. We have had some unexpectedly brutal home losses so we really need to turn things around at home to make any headway.

Questions:

1. What will our record be over the next 20 games?

2. What do you want to see happen with the rotations assuming mostly healthy? 

3. What would our record need to be for us to have to make a trade:

a. to improve immediately (not quite there)

b. to stand pat (we're winning good)

c. look to next season (we're losing)

4. What off/under the radar move you'd like to see (meaning not the 'trade for an Allstar' move as that's a given)?

1) Hard to say.  The biggest problem I've seen this year is just getting into a rhythm as a team.  Garbage defense, injuries/covid, stubborn rotations, pressure from the expectations of our playoff run...pick whatever you want, but to me it's all of these things throwing us out of sync.  Judging by how we've played so far, and getting guys back, I expect to see us win 3-4 games over .500 ball.

2) I want to see Cam starting and I want to see him being fed.  If nothing else, let him spot up off the dribble penetration.  I don't care if it's at the 2 or the 3, but I think feeding him will be more profitable than gambling on Bogi's streakiness.  Which I'm officially tired of.  I'd like to see Cam and Bogi stretch the defense in the starting unit and Kevin off the bench for consistency.  Whomever can't reliably score, effit...  I think Skylar needs more burn as well.  As far as the rookies, I'm ok with the DNP's.  But when we have double-digit leads late, I want to see them coming in sooner.

3) If I understand the wording of this question...lol

a) I don't want to see us do this under any circumstances.  No big splashes or asset mortgaging to "win now" or "tip the scale."  If we make a move in this manner, it will be regardless of record (unless we're sitting dead at the top of the East) and I want to see a splash with the intention of setting this team up long term.  When I say "splash", I mean a cannon-ball splash in the pool that makes everybody look at us.

b) 12-8 is good.  Unless it's an atomic bombshell of a trade, I do not want to see our young guys dealt.  I want to see them continue to develop this year.  If we don't have satisfactory production/progression out of these guys by the end of this season, it's time for a package of these guys to go out for something legit in return.

c) I'm really just against trading which is odd for me.  I will say that if we are healthy and 5+ games under .500...while dropping winnable games against sub-par teams...then "everything is negotiable" again.  It will be time to reconfigure (not rebuild) the team.  I don't expect this though. 

I don't expect any of that.  I expect things to pick up dramatically once guys get healthy.  I expected a 3-5 seed coming into the season and I still see that team.

4) Man...........................  Jerami Grant is the guy, though I suspect it's an all out bidding war for that dude right now. I think they want a young guy + pick(s)...and I think our trimmed fat is better than what a lot of contenders could offer.  Unless Philly gets involved and Ben Simmons comes into play.

Full disclaimer: I'm not trying to trade anybody right now, but... 

Notable Wretchedness....
Since Zach Lavine is probably loving life right now (*le sigh*), I've put Brandon Ingram on my wish list.  The Pels are headed nowhere and Ingram is ahead of the curve.  It might be a win-win to get involved in a deal for him.  They're going to the lottery again, we need a proven All-Star, they need picks and/or promising young talent...and we got it in spades.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Why are we even giving NBA even a little attention right now?

This is a farce. Absolute farce.

And the only reasonable response to what is about as entertaining and legitimate as pro wrestling is to not give NBA HQ the benefit of seeing fans continue to care.

Stop caring.

Leave it to Ressler to use whatever political clout he has to coalesce his peers in pursuit of reining-in Silver, and stop this circus of a non-regular regular season.

Starts with us, though.

Shouldn't have to, no, but evidently there's no other way.

(Forgive the raised pitch of my voice. But this is ridiculous.)

• Premium Member
On 1/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Now 17-21.   1-2 record. Hopefully we win tomorrow and wrap up this westy trip 2-2.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:43 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I would like to see us get back to .500 by the time we are halfway thru the season's games so 21-21.  So the next 7 games a critical:

Lost our chance to be .500 with half our games played. Best we can do is 1 game under .500, but that requires 3 straight wins and I'm not optimistic.

• Premium Member
On 1/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Now 17-21.   1-2 record. Hopefully we win tomorrow and wrap up this westy trip 2-2.

Lost our chance to be .500 with half our games played. Best we can do is 1 game under .500, but that requires 3 straight wins and I'm not optimistic.

Nope. 17-22.

I should be thrilled we have the next 10 of 12 games at home, but we have not played well at home either.

• Sad 3

• Premium Member

1 trade down, how many more to go?

13 games to go before the trade deadline. Hawks were 2-5 over the last 7.

At the halfway point, Hawks are a dissapointing 17-24.

Tonight starts the 2nd half of the season, can we start it off with a win?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hawks are currently 20-25. 9 games left before the deadline. (Should have been 10 but the schedule was revised to accommodate Covid postponed games)

Hawks went 4-6 in the first 10. (The Portland loss was brutal)

Next up:

Screenshot_20220123-122619_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1