• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team is ass-backwards

NBASupes

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm of the opinion that 'shots taken' is a much bigger indicator that 'shots made'.  I say that to say that I agree with where you end up on Heurter, just not how you got there.  Splittin' hairs, I know, but the fact that he's such a good shooter but doesn't shoot is maddening.

It's definitely a spot that needs to be upgraded.  Imagine if we'd been able to pick up McCollum this past deadline?  Whew, what a pickup that would've been.

100%.  But that's what i'm saying.  Majority of fans spent the whole season saying our defense wasn't good enough.  Even calling folks idiots for saying we have offensive problems. "offense is fine" we kept hearing.   But it's not just the playoffs. we never could score consistently when the pressure was turned up.  If the game was close enough Trae could pull it out by himself but we can't hang with that kind of defense for 3-4 quarters. 

Like you said Kev just isn't aggressive enough.  He's a good player but what he gives us is not good enough as a starter if we're going to contend.   I guess more precisely is that Hunter/Huerter is too passive of a wing combo.  Find a true scorer for the 2 or 3 then one of those guys is fine as the other starter. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He is a big part of the problem right now particularly on defense. This doesn't mean that he can't get better or the coaching staff can't figure out later how to fix his pick and roll defense. The rebounding problem is unrelated to Trae. That's coaching and personnel groupings.

I don't think that's nearly as big an issue as folks keep saying.

It's a problem but I think it's something that can be worked around, especially considering he's been more active/engaged as of late.

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

PS @kg01 I almost cried last night don’t tell anyone. Talking on the phone with my nephew last night and he says:

“Oh man, I saw a YouTube video on Trae and he was killin it he was letting 3’s fly one footed and hitting.

Me: oh nice ya he can do a lil bit.

Nephew: JUST KIDDING IT WAS CURRY 🤣🤣🤣 

Me: :angry2:

#attackofBILSandNEPHS #99prolems

Ohhhhh, not the neph?!

Next time you see him just smack him much harder than necessary on the back and go, "Ah you lil' scamp."

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

100%.  But that's what i'm saying.  Majority of fans spent the whole season saying our defense wasn't good enough.  Even calling folks idiots for saying we have offensive problems. "offense is fine" we kept hearing.   But it's not just the playoffs. we never could score consistently when the pressure was turned up.  If the game was close enough Trae could pull it out by himself but we can't hang with that kind of defense for 3-4 quarters. 

Like you said Kev just isn't aggressive enough.  He's a good player but what he gives us is not good enough as a starter if we're going to contend.   I guess more precisely is that Hunter/Huerter is too passive of a wing combo.  Find a true scorer for the 2 or 3 then one of those guys is fine as the other starter. 

And the funnier thing is folks claiming them being bad is Trae's fault.  I witnessed Hunter having favorable matchup after favorable matchup and butt nekked open shot after butt nekked shot and being unable to do anything with it.

Him dribbling off his own foot multiple times and just falling into bail out fouls (that we won't get in Miami) and I'm thinking, "So that's Trae's fault?"

To be clear, I like Hunter and I think he can be good for us.  But watching the varying arc and release on his shot and his poor handle make me question what TF he's been working on game-wise.

Sure up those two areas and he's our version of Kawhi.  Are we saying him having to rehab is the reason for these seemingly lagging areas of development?  I can see that but, if that's the case, I can't see folks saying it's 'because Trae's heliocentric'.  It's one or the other, not both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And the funnier thing is folks claiming them being bad is Trae's fault.  I witnessed Hunter having favorable matchup after favorable matchup and butt nekked open shot after butt nekked shot and being unable to do anything with it.

I know Hunter like Hunter Biden is a convenient scape goat but Hunter is leading the team in scoring while shooting 58% from the field and 47% from 3 whereas Trae is averaging 16 ppg shooting 35% from the field and 21% from 3. Hunter does not influence how well Trae young shoots nor does he affect his shot selection.  Y'all need to stop passing the blame to others when it is clear what is going on.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Him dribbling off his own foot multiple times and just falling into bail out fouls (that we won't get in Miami) and I'm thinking, "So that's Trae's fault?"

To be clear, I like Hunter and I think he can be good for us.  But watching the varying arc and release on his shot and his poor handle make me question what TF he's been working on game-wise.

Sure up those two areas and he's our version of Kawhi.  Are we saying him having to rehab is the reason for these seemingly lagging areas of development?  I can see that but, if that's the case, I can't see folks saying it's 'because Trae's heliocentric'.  It's one or the other, not both.

He had favorable matchups and whenever he dribbled, pressure came and bad things happened more times than not. He's a good player but he's never gonna be good in terms of the way we play. That's fine, everyone ain't for everyone. 

He will never be our version of Kawhi. He doesn't do any dirty work, Kawhi does to a degree. Hunter has an obvious two way game. That said, he doesn't really do anything that we really need on offense. It's a problem and defensively, we need him to do more. 

56 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The team just needs tweaking.  Huerter keeps showing that he's not a starter.  You can't continue to make just a few shots for the whole game in the playoffs.  

Bogi was brought in to be that guy and when he's been able to we generally win.  

Upgrade the starting 2 spot, find some tough vets for the bench and we'll be fine. 

I'm ready to trade any or all of our 2's and 3's to find one true 2-way player.  And it would probably help if we had some post offense.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He had favorable matchups and whenever he dribbled, pressure came and bad things happened more times than not. He's a good player but he's never gonna be good in terms of the way we play. That's fine, everyone ain't for everyone. 

He will never be our version of Kawhi. He doesn't do any dirty work, Kawhi does to a degree. Hunter has an obvious two way game. That said, he doesn't really do anything that we really need on offense. It's a problem and defensively, we need him to do more. 

Never? Hunter like all players will improve with time.  Just look at the Heat roster. A bunch of late lottery/ undrafted players that improved after they were drafted

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Never? Hunter like all players will improve with time.  Just look at the Heat roster. A bunch of late lottery/ undrafted players that improved after they were drafted

The Heat players improve because they are well developed and fit the Heat culture and system. We are having issues because nothing is like Trae heliocentric system unless you play with Trae. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I know Hunter like Hunter Biden is a convenient scape goat but Hunter is leading the team in scoring while shooting 58% from the field and 47% from 3 whereas Trae is averaging 16 ppg shooting 35% from the field and 21% from 3. Hunter does not influence how well Trae young shoots nor does he affect his shot selection.  Y'all need to stop passing the blame to others when it is clear what is going on.

Every game Trae is serving up Hunter a full course meal.  The same way he did JC when JC was healthy.   It hides the flaws.

If Trae sat back, facilitated the whole game, came out with 9 points and we won.. nobody would be saying he sucks.. Actually, maybe they would.. I mean, he played an excellent game 3 and there were many who complained. 

But the frailties of Hunter limits what we can do. 

Ball sticks to his hands...  we can't run a motion offense with him out there because he and Kev don't make good passes or handle the ball well. 

I would love to have a guy like Oladipo at the 2.  Somebody who can bring up the ball with pace, get us into the offense set and get points if he needs to. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Heat players improve because they are well developed and fit the Heat culture and system. We are having issues because nothing is like Trae heliocentric system unless you play with Trae. 

This is true! Nate isn't in the same league with Spostra!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

This is true! Nate isn't in the same league with Spostra!

I am pretty high on Nate, while I am down on a number of things this season, I do believe he's very adapt and good at adjustments but when his personnel has topped out. He looks like a shell of a HC. Sad to be honest. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Every game Trae is serving up Hunter a full course meal.  The same way he did JC when JC was healthy.   It hides the flaws.

If Trae sat back, facilitated the whole game, came out with 9 points and we won.. nobody would be saying he sucks.. Actually, maybe they would.. I mean, he played an excellent game 3 and there were many who complained. 

But the frailties of Hunter limits what we can do. 

Ball sticks to his hands...  we can't run a motion offense with him out there because he and Kev don't make good passes or handle the ball well. 

I would love to have a guy like Oladipo at the 2.  Somebody who can bring up the ball with pace, get us into the offense set and get points if he needs to. 

Hunter's vision does have to improve no doubt but y'all act like he is 34 and at the end of his career. Dude is 24 and guess who else started their career of slowly. Some guy named Scotty Pipen

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Hunter's vision does have to improve no doubt but y'all act like he is 34 and at the end of his career. Dude is 24 and guess who else started their career of slowly. Some guy named Scotty Pipen

I'm not here casting blame on Hunter and giving him props either.   He is where he is.  However, I'm noticing what he does and how it limits us.   

He allows guys to push him around and wait on the refs to help him.  It's time for him to stop that. 

He dribbles the ball when a lot of times he loses the ball.  It's time for him to stop that. 

His game will be dribble drive finish like he was doing yesterday.   It was good to see.  However, he's not Jordan.  He has to have an open lane for that (like he had yesterday) because his dribbling is too careless when there are hands in the lane. 

28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'll ask that you read what I wrote without assuming what you think I'm trying to say.

I at no point said Hunter is a scapegoat for anything.

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hence me saying he could be 'our version of Kawhi'.  I disagree that he doesn't do anything we need on offense.  What we need is served up for him on a platter but he can't take advantage.

Hey, does this disagreement rate highly enough to get a call-out on your next thread?

• Haha 1

Just now, kg01 said:

I'll ask that you read what I wrote without assuming what you think I'm trying to say.

I at no point said Hunter is a scapegoat for anything.

Hence me saying he could be 'our version of Kawhi'.  I disagree that he doesn't do anything we need on offense.  What we need is served up for him on a platter but he can't take advantage.

Hey, does this disagreement rate highly enough to get a call-out on your next thread?

I didn't call those guys out. I was just @ everyone that came to my head. So yes, next time I have a thread, since I've actively engaged with you, sure, I'll @ you. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't call those guys out. I was just @ everyone that came to my head. So yes, next time I have a thread, since I've actively engaged with you, sure, I'll @ you. 

I was wondering why I was tagged in that thread.  I don’t go at anyone’s head you must got me mistaken.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I was wondering why I was tagged in that thread.  I don’t go at anyone’s head you must got me mistaken.

Pretty sure you've gone at my head a few times and ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e477nwsglddph70berjls

.. it was me going at your head.  Yeah, that sounds more accurate.

Whew, that was a close one.

• Haha 1