• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team is ass-backwards

NBASupes

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Hunter does not influence how well Trae young shoots nor does he affect his shot selection.

Actually, if the defense isn't paying any attention to Hunter because he misses open shots or dribbles the ball off his foot, they focus more on Trae. And that makes his shots more difficult. Just trying to help you see things....

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Pretty sure you've gone at my head a few times and ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e477nwsglddph70berjls

.. it was me going at your head.  Yeah, that sounds more accurate.

Whew, that was a close one.

Lol, that you have.  I appreciate all dissent toward my opinions.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 1/8/2022 at 1:23 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

No.

Dudes just gotta nut up and play basketball. Get their heads out of their collective asses and do their effing job.

On 1/8/2022 at 2:56 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know how you say that with a straight face though. That is just not true...metrics or eye test.

I'm gonna believe what my lying eyes tell me...we suck on defense.

On 1/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll say what I said to start the season...one of them needs to step forward as 'the guy' next to Trae. They're all barely averaging double digit points per game. 

I'd like to see them get more focused on the boards, grab a rebound and go...we aren't using our speed and athleticism on the wing to our advantage.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:34 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

....and unfortunately for our 4 wings, their offense just has not been CONSISTENTLY good enough to compensate for their own shortcomings on defense. They're all averaging 10-12 points a game.

So what I'm seeing regarding our wings is this:

They're Not good enough on offense - Trae's fault

They're Not good enough on defense - Trae's fault

.....maybe, just maybe - THEY'RE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Period.

Thanks for the call out @NBASupes....but I stand by EVERYTHING I SAID in this thread....especially the bolded. :deke: ..:beach:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Huerter and Wright can dribble past people and so can Lou.  John use to get to the line 4.5 times a game.

They can yes.....consistently...No. Huerter is not aggressive not and he doesn't initiate contact in drives, even when he gets in the paint he's stepping back on most of his shots.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Huerter and Wright can dribble past people and so can Lou.  John use to get to the line 4.5 times a game.

But they don’t drive past people and score with any consistency.  None at all.

Lou can make that claim but it has been a while since he has been even decent in terms of his efficiency.

Wright just isn’t a scorer.  Huerter isn’t aggressive and his fear of contact leads to his grotesque 1 fta/36 minutes.  

If letting Wright and Huerter take the ball to the rack is your plan, you should just go ahead and book your lottery ticket now.  It might happen on an inspired play or two but it is the exception the rule.  They both average roughly 1 fga per game near the rim.  That means an average of just over 1.2 points per game.  That isn’t a reliable option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am pretty high on Nate, while I am down on a number of things this season, I do believe he's very adapt and good at adjustments but when his personnel has topped out. He looks like a shell of a HC. Sad to be honest. 

He has quite literally never been good at adjustments in his career lol. Just look at the shit he has done this series starting gallo and jc which time after time hasn't worked. That dude is as bad as it gets as a coach. 15+ years coaching and he made it out the first round once. He stinks and schlenk was handcuffed into resigning him

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

He has quite literally never been good at adjustments in his career lol. Just look at the shit he has done this series starting gallo and jc which time after time hasn't worked. That dude is as bad as it gets as a coach. 15+ years coaching and he made it out the first round once. He stinks and schlenk was handcuffed into resigning him

Yeah... let's get Mike D'Antoni before Philly does. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I disagree. Last year was a marked by adjustments that got us to being a winning team to being in the ECF. 

Also, he turns us into a top 3 offense. I also liked what he did in Indiana and Seattle.

• Like 1

Soon the Hawks season will be over.  Soon it will be time for the Dream's season to begin.

Hawks have some very important draft picks coming this summer.  Why bother if Nate is going to refuse to play our draft picks as he did this season.  Either one of two things happened.  1- Travis blew last summer's draft and neither player is very good. 2- Nate will refuse to develop any rookie we may draft.

Nate and Travis do not appear to be on the same page.  

Nate used the assistant coaches that Lloyd Pierce had to finish last season and we went well into the playoffs.  Nate brought on his own assistant coaches.  Look where we are now.  What happened?

If the Hawks are not built correctly, now is the time to fix what is wrong.  

🧑‍🔧

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Soon the Hawks season will be over.  Soon it will be time for the Dream's season to begin.

Hawks have some very important draft picks coming this summer.  Why bother if Nate is going to refuse to play our draft picks as he did this season.  Either one of two things happened.  1- Travis blew last summer's draft and neither player is very good. 2- Nate will refuse to develop any rookie we may draft.

Nate and Travis do not appear to be on the same page.  

Nate used the assistant coaches that Lloyd Pierce had to finish last season and we went well into the playoffs.  Nate brought on his own assistant coaches.  Look where we are now.  What happened?

If the Hawks are not built correctly, now is the time to fix what is wrong.  

🧑‍🔧

I railed against the offense early in the season when we were at mid 20s in pace of play and 1st in midrange shooting.  Nate brought in his own offensive scheme and his own coaches....and now here we are.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. Last year was a marked by adjustments that got us to being a winning team to being in the ECF. 

Also, he turns us into a top 3 offense. I also liked what he did in Indiana and Seattle.

You liked him getting into the playoffs and bounced first round year after year???

Nate doesn't do anything with the offense, thats chris jent's job lol. Nate probably has an over arching philosophy to it but thats it. His philosophy is also what got us into the play in instead of where we should be. mf had us shooting nothing but mid range shots on our way to a 4-9 start to the season. Literally everything that worked last year he abandoned and then went back to late in the year.

he is trash and if it wasn't for a shitty knicks team and doc rivers he would have never gotten the job from schlenk. Heck he didn't even want the job to begin with. He is a perennial loser and always will be. We will be even lucky to get out the second round with that guy again. Spo is coaching circles on this loser right now

• Moderators
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Folks are way over the top about Nate.  I understand the frustration of not getting JJ minutes but so many complaints are just hindsight rants.   If he plays Lou or Delon or Gallo and they do well and win us the game it's crickets but if they don't then Nate is an idiot for having them on the court too long.   

No one seems to ever notice that once we got everyone healthy, much like last year, we played about .600 ball. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Folks are way over the top about Nate.  I understand the frustration of not getting JJ minutes but so many complaints are just hindsight rants.   If he plays Lou or Delon or Gallo and they do well and win us the game it's crickets but if they don't then Nate is an idiot for having them on the court too long.   

No one seems to ever notice that once we got everyone healthy, much like last year, we played about .600 ball. 

For me, I don't think I've been playing 20-20 hindsight with Nate.

I didn't want him playing Lou except as an emergency reserve so I don't have a problem when he sits them.  The only problem I had was when he benched Delon for Lou which was insanity and I railed against that.  Delon was obviously our best defender against opposing guards and had a track record of success coming into this year (not shockingly he regressed to the mean after a rough start).  With Gallo, I don't have any big issues with his usage.

On the rookies, I have said that JJ needed to get minutes for development purposes -- especially when our depth was eviscerated by Covid.  I'd love it if he had gotten enough run to perhaps be able to make an impact ala OO in the playoffs last year but he didn't get the run.  That wasn't a hindsight rant.

With Nate, I have been unimpressed by how he changed the offense from last year to this year and have been disappointed by his work with the team's collective defense.  There is no doubt, however, that he hasn't had a full hand for much of the year and so it didn't pass my notice that he had the team doing much better when (mostly) healthy.  The stubborness with his rotation has been a sore point for me as well.  Don't think he does anything notable in terms of strategy or in-game adjustments.  He isn't the worst coach by a long shot.  People are over the top when they make out that he is incompetent.  He just hasn't held up to the standard he set last year or moved the team forward in ways many of us hoped to see this season.  So I think there are some very fair criticisms of his performance.

Oh, and I should add that I've been disappointed in this series that he didn't get himself a nice tech or fine during those first two games when the reffing was ridonkulously bad and the Heat were outright trying to injure our guys and getting a free pass.  He should have stood up for his guys and taken the heat (no pun intended) for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

For me, I don't think I've been playing 20-20 hindsight with Nate.

I didn't want him playing Lou except as an emergency reserve so I don't have a problem when he sits them.  The only problem I had was when he benched Delon for Lou which was insanity and I railed against that.  Delon was obviously our best defender against opposing guards and had a track record of success coming into this year (not shockingly he regressed to the mean after a rough start).  With Gallo, I don't have any big issues with his usage.

On the rookies, I have said that JJ needed to get minutes for development purposes -- especially when our depth was eviscerated by Covid.  I'd love it if he had gotten enough run to perhaps be able to make an impact ala OO in the playoffs last year but he didn't get the run.  That wasn't a hindsight rant.

With Nate, I have been unimpressed by how he changed the offense from last year to this year and have been disappointed by his work with the team's collective defense.  There is no doubt, however, that he hasn't had a full hand for much of the year and so it didn't pass my notice that he had the team doing much better when (mostly) healthy.  The stubborness with his rotation has been a sore point for me as well.  Don't think he does anything notable in terms of strategy or in-game adjustments.  He isn't the worst coach by a long shot.  People are over the top when they make out that he is incompetent.  He just hasn't held up to the standard he set last year or moved the team forward in ways many of us hoped to see this season.  So I think there are some very fair criticisms of his performance.

Oh, and I should add that I've been disappointed in this series that he didn't get himself a nice tech or fine during those first two games when the reffing was ridonkulously bad and the Heat were outright trying to injure our guys and getting a free pass.  He should have stood up for his guys and taken the heat (no pun intended) for that.

giphy.gif

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can't be hindsight when folks have been clamering all year for this.  

The early season struggles with whatever offensive scheme was evident. (I hated it).  If we had more blow out wins - the rookies could have gotten minutes, but mostly every game was a grind. Then COVID, injuries etc.