• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A lot of chatter on what needs to change but let's address what no one wants to talk about

JeffS17

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The TLC hate is outrageous to me.  He's filled his role nicely if you ask me.  The coaches over reliance on him is the problem treating him like he's Klay Thompson 

Fixed that for you.  FYI TLC has more than 10 FGA per 36.  JC is at 13.  JC is getting only 3 more attempts per 36 than a guy who couldn't secure a guaranteed contract until a week ago

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Fixed that for you.  FYI TLC has more than 10 FGA per 36.  JC is at 13.  JC is getting only 3 more attempts per 36 than a guy who couldn't secure a guaranteed contract until a week ago

He's usually taking wide open shots within the flow of the offense though. He's the 5th wing on the team and if people actually look at his shot chart, he's taking quality shots. He shouldn't turn down those shots to dribble, because I don't think he's the best dribbler out there. 

He's shooting 35.6% from three which is league average. People get mad at him for taking what the defense gives him.  That's what he should be doing when the shots are there.  He doesn't really turn the ball over either.  His defense isn't the best but he does try.

Not sure what people want from the fifth wing.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He's usually taking wide open shots within the flow of the offense though. He's the 5th wing on the team and if people actually look at his shot chart, he's taking quality shots. He shouldn't turn down those shots to dribble, because I don't think he's the best dribbler out there. 

He's shooting 35.6% from three which is league average. People get mad at him for taking what the defense gives him.  That's what he should be doing when the shots are there.  He doesn't really turn the ball over either.  His defense isn't the best but he does try.

Not sure what people want from the fifth wing.

Any anger at TLC is misdirected, I agree with you on that -- it's not like the guy is trying to miss wide open looks.  You already diagnosed the problem -- coaching continues to play him for way too many minutes.  Nate can preach defense and how you will get minutes by giving effort on defense but at the end of the day, Nate is responsible for winning games, not putting out guys who he thinks put in effort on defense.  We have a lot of very talented offensive players and nothing will demoralize them more than an end of bench guy getting big minutes and taking lots of shots [and missing].

Most of the blame for this teams struggles lie solely with Nate right now in my eyes.  Schlenk put the talent in his hands and he's botching it with archaic coaching style and is very slow to adapt.  Rotations are garbage, offense is stagnant (Trae masks how our team offense is), and he's seemingly doing a poor job being the leader of the team.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Any anger at TLC is misdirected, I agree with you on that -- it's not like the guy is trying to miss wide open looks.  You already diagnosed the problem -- coaching continues to play him for way too many minutes.  Nate can preach defense and how you will get minutes by giving effort on defense but at the end of the day, Nate is responsible for winning games, not putting out guys who he thinks put in effort on defense.  We have a lot of very talented offensive players and nothing will demoralize them more than an end of bench guy getting big minutes and taking lots of shots [and missing].

Most of the blame for this teams struggles lie solely with Nate right now in my eyes.  Schlenk put the talent in his hands and he's botching it with archaic coaching style and is very slow to adapt.  Rotations are garbage, offense is stagnant (Trae masks how our team offense is), and he's seemingly doing a poor job being the leader of the team.  

You guys have nailed it.  Before I completely crucify the coaches, I want to see how much he plays when we have an actual wing rotation back.  We've been missing 3 of Bogi, Huerter, Cam and Hunter a lot lately.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

He is no Snell. 

You may have been Tongue in Cheek.. but Snell added defense on the perimeter for us... and it went unrecognized by the fanbase.

I believe that TLC may be the hardest working practice player and shows a lot of effort on defense in practice... But it doesn't translate in the game.   He is no Snell.   We need to end that experiment soon.  I just hope Nate has been reading. 

I'm trusting Travis here.  If we have guys who can not give effort to play defense, let the trades begin.

• Like 2