• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rate the Cam Trade (Assuming No Follow-Up Deal)

AHF

Rate the Cam Trade Assuming There Is No Other Shoe to Fall  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Cam trade in isolation? We all know more trades could be coming but if this is it, how do you feel about what we gave up versus what we got?

• A - Cam's metrics and what I saw show he was one of the worst players in the league. Getting a first round pick, even a protected one, for someone like that is a steal.
    • B - Cam had potential but never got to be a net positive and we can't keep waiting. Needed to shake things up and getting a first plus Knox makes sense even if it isn't a home run.
    • C - We didn't lose much and didn't gain a lot. The potential of the draft pick makes up for the potential we lost with Cam. Fair deal on both sides.
    • D - Giving up on Cam should have brought a better pick back (too much protection on this) but it could have been worse.
    • F - Dumpster fire of a deal. Not sure I can look at Travis the same ever again. This is painful.
    • None of A through F fit for me. I don't like the dealand will give my reason for not picking a choice above in the comments below
    • None of A through F fit for me. I like the deal and will give my reason for not picking a choice above in the comments below.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/24/2022 at 11:00 PM

This is rare territory for me. I thought I’d feel more emotional about the Cam loss but I think his overall uncertainty also had me on edge. If nothing else I’m hoping we get down to business without him now.

Also, Knox is probably one of my 10 least fav players in the league, I dislike his style of play great, having said that like many have said he’s a spot up shooter of nothing else and hopefully is the beneficiary of Trae dimes in the future.

Cam will do well in NY, he just wasn’t fitting in our system, whether that was on Nate, not sure, guess it doesn’t matter now.

Onward and upward.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is rare territory for me. I thought I’d feel more emotional about the Cam loss but I think his overall uncertainty also had me on edge. If nothing else I’m hoping we get down to business without him now.

I agree with this statement.

Cam's lack of on-court impact vs his potential was nerve-wracking. I'm not gonna miss that. 

The fanbase isn't gonna be as divisive anymore atleast. He had some haters and some over the top supporters. Noone is happy with the return so everyone loses in this scenario.

Hope the best for him 78/82 games of the year.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, terrell said:

Who is Philly starting at PF if they lose Harris? Gallo? lol

Yeah.  Gallo and Naing..

Remember Harris and Naing are both 6'7.   Doc plays three point shooters around Embiid. Gallo would be Doc's favorite player after Embiid.  Also remember.. Harris' rebounding sucks. 

Old country song comes to mind:

"You've got to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em."

I don't know.  Travis knows.  He knows why and how.  

This may all work out well (we hope) or it may blow up on us.  

:smug:

• Like 1

In Schlenk I trust, but my initial Cam Reddish reaction makes me vomit inside; however, we have to think the bigger picture and Schlenks trade history.  We have to wait and see what evolves from this initial trade.

Hoping for Sabonis, Simmons, or Ingram combo.  

Less than 30 days waiting patiently for the big trade. His job is on the line as he committed to big contracts last summer and we are not performing.  Schlenks a risk taker and honestly excited what transpires next so the Hawks can get back into the playoffs. 

the best trades a general manager can make are those that help in both the short term and the long term. That’s what Schlenk accomplished two weeks before the 2019 draft by sending Prince to Brooklyn -- a move that cleared minutes for De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish on the wing, relieved Atlanta from having to pay Prince’s next contract, and netted draft capital that would be used in later trades. 

With Prince’s rookie contract set to expire this offseason, the Hawks risked losing Prince for nothing or overpaying to keep him around in restricted free agency. Instead, they received an asset for a player they likely weren’t excited about paying, then used that asset to acquire a potential tentpole -- Clint Capela

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Bruh I just guessed Kevin Knox’s career offensive and defensive ratings exactly on the dot.  He’s beyond ass.

I'm surprised that you thought of Kevin Knox as anything beyond a salary holder. 

The only other players that they could have offered were Taj Gibson and Obi Toppin and they were not about to do that.