• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rate the Cam Trade (Assuming No Follow-Up Deal)

AHF

Rate the Cam Trade Assuming There Is No Other Shoe to Fall  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Cam trade in isolation? We all know more trades could be coming but if this is it, how do you feel about what we gave up versus what we got?

• A - Cam's metrics and what I saw show he was one of the worst players in the league. Getting a first round pick, even a protected one, for someone like that is a steal.
    • B - Cam had potential but never got to be a net positive and we can't keep waiting. Needed to shake things up and getting a first plus Knox makes sense even if it isn't a home run.
    • C - We didn't lose much and didn't gain a lot. The potential of the draft pick makes up for the potential we lost with Cam. Fair deal on both sides.
    • D - Giving up on Cam should have brought a better pick back (too much protection on this) but it could have been worse.
    • F - Dumpster fire of a deal. Not sure I can look at Travis the same ever again. This is painful.
    • None of A through F fit for me. I don't like the dealand will give my reason for not picking a choice above in the comments below
    • None of A through F fit for me. I like the deal and will give my reason for not picking a choice above in the comments below.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/24/2022 at 11:00 PM

• Premium Member

B in terms of value. 

Wanted the trade before the season to clear up the roster.

Wish Cam would have bought in more to the team concept, but I won't fault a guy for trying to get his first massive contract by betting on himself.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I was torn between C and D...C-minus really. Given the diminishing protection attached to the pick in future years, we almost certainly are getting a first-rounder in the 16-22 range out of the deal (the Hornets look very likely to be a top-6 seed at some point in the next few years, but probably won't suddenly win 55+ games). That's not nothing. But I'm skeptical this is the best Travis could have done if he hadn't been a bit more patient.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I voted D...wish the protections were lighter.

Cam has been on the trade block since last season, Hawks have been seeking a 1st rounder was EVERY report.

My preference would have been to combine him with Gallo for 1 singularly upgrade.

But it's gonna be a mid to late first.  I just can't find value in that.  Maybe I'm wrong.  

Edited by Vol4ever

• Premium Member

It's a D to an F with no other deals because....

The other option of keeping Cam, playing Cam and having him put us over a barrel next season leads to a better trade on Draft night. 

That's why it's a certainty that there's another deal coming. 

On Draft night, there would have been 30 first round picks... if we had allowed Cam to play himself up....we could have gotten one of the first 10 easily... because at that point, Cam would be a more finished product than what somebody could draft. 

So unless Travis is a total idiot, there's another trade already worked out. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

It's a D to an F with no other deals because....

The other option of keeping Cam, playing Cam and having him put us over a barrel next season leads to a better trade on Draft night. 

That's why it's a certainty that there's another deal coming. 

On Draft night, there would have been 30 first round picks... if we had allowed Cam to play himself up....we could have gotten one of the first 10 easily... because at that point, Cam would be a more finished product than what somebody could draft. 

So unless Travis is a total idiot, there's another trade already worked out. 

All Of This GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

...except the Hawks fan in me can't shake the idea that Travis is a total idiot, so F because I don't think anything else is coming.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Wretch said:

All Of This GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

...except the Hawks fan in me can't shake the idea that Travis is a total idiot, so F because I don't think anything else is coming.

No...

I believe that Morey told Travis that he would give us Simmons for the package of Bogi/Gallo/1st  but we had to take Harris and Travis went out and found a first and found somebody that will take Harris (OKC)...

The only question is what first are we giving?

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No...

I believe that Morey told Travis that he would give us Simmons for the package of Bogi/Gallo/1st  but we had to take Harris and Travis went out and found a first and found somebody that will take Harris (OKC)...

The pessimist in me says we don't make the Cam deal until all of the pieces are in place.  Consequently, I don't think there are any other pieces. I think this is just a case of a young player wanting out and we decided not to gamble on making things worse.

Salvage move.  Gave up a lottery pick gifted to us, got a lottery pick and a FRP in return. I hope I'm wrong, but this trade is ass. Not because of what we got, but because I feel like we could have gotten that at any time.

Hell Gallo or Bogi or Cooper is worth an ass-tacular FRP if we just needed a pick to facilitate a larger deal.  FFS we have our own FRP... Which I also don't see Philly having much use for.

None of this makes any sense to me...  Talk me off the ledge man.

• Premium Member
Just now, Wretch said:

The pessimist in me says we don't make the Cam deal until all of the pieces are in place.  Consequently, I don't think there are any other pieces. I think this is just a case of a young player wanting out and we decided not to gamble on making things worse.

Salvage move.  Gave up a lottery pick gifted to us, got a lottery pick and a FRP in return. I hope I'm wrong, but this trade is ass. Not because of what we got, but because I feel like we could have gotten that at any time.

He'll Gallo or Bogi or Cooper is worth an ass-tacular FRP if we just needed a pick to facilitate a larger deal.  FFS we have our own FRP... Which I also don't see Philly having much use for.

I can't go for that.

I don't think Cam asked to be out.  But even if he did?  Draft day trade him..  Not middle of the season trade him.  His value is nothing now. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

He'll Gallo or Bogi or Cooper is worth an ass-tacular FRP if we just needed a pick to facilitate a larger deal.  FFS we have our own FRP... Which I also don't see Philly having much use for.

We can't use Gallo or Bogi in a deal for a first if they are an important part of the second deal.   I agree with you the parts are in place.  I'm actually wondering why it wasn't a four team deal.   Prolly need Knox deal to go through to use him in a one player deal somewhere. 

• Premium Member

I think Travis is weeding out players who are not team-first.  John proved he could and will be that guy so he got paid.  Cam wanted a bigger role that he absolutely did not deserve and now he's gone while he still has some value.

• Like 2

No worries, this will just be an inverse of the Tim Hardaway Jr. trade.  A first sent out for a middling but potential filled guard.  Guard goes on to show flashes but rarely for their short time on the new team.  Extension talks are tabled so as to see more/bet on themself.  Free agency rolls in and the original trading team swoops in with a cap restrictive offer.

That should satisfy all parties right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

No...

Who is Philly starting at PF if they lose Harris? Gallo? lol