• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best possible offseason for all ready to make moves teams in the NBA

NBASupes

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Turner gets vastly overrated on this site.

There's a reason he's been on the block for years yet is untradeable. 

I’d rather have Mitch Rob than Turner. Wait, Turner gets paid more right? 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Turner gets vastly overrated on this site.

There's a reason he's been on the block for years yet is untradeable. 

Is he even highly rated here? Haven't seen a bunch of people clamoring for Turner. He is notoriously a negative locker room presence, and a lazy player. 

• Premium Member

Just when I am ready to give in to the Ayton crowd.. OO goes out and reminds me that he's still young and that he's getting better.   The basketball gods whispered to me.. Stay the course for awing.

I say we take a swing at playoff p.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Mitch Robinson would be a nice fit. He would be Capela for us without the lingering Achilles thing and younger. 

Ya I saw him live at Madison twice. He’s an imposing figure in real life, like that one time I saw KD the 🐍. Lanky dudes.

MRob can’t shoot though and I hate that.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Just when I am ready to give in to the Ayton crowd.. OO goes out and reminds me that he's still young and that he's getting better.   The basketball gods whispered to me.. Stay the course for awing.

OO can’t be traded he’s a winner. I want Delon back too that dude is a dog on D, smoooooooooth.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nah we still need a full time center. This should be a good matchup for OO on paper and he's had one good quarter. If we were playing Embiid it would be an easy sweep for them. 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

They both suck let’s agree to agree 😂 

He wouldn't miss as many bunnies though.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nah we still need a full time center. This should be a good matchup for OO on paper and he's had one good quarter. If we were playing Embiid it would be an easy sweep for them. 

He wouldn't miss as many bunnies though.

I don't agree.

I think a committee of Centers with CC, OO, and one more guy.. draft pick.. maybe if Duren falls into our hands or even Mark WIlliams would be good enough. 

Our major issue is finding somebody who can take pressure of a Trae.  Since we're talking Superstar.  Let's talk Playoff P.  he's What we really need. If we could package say Gallo/Kev/pick  for P..  I think it would be interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Which team to be exact?

This one:

18 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Trae, Bogi/Delon, Ingram, Collins, Myles

Cooper, Bogi/Delon, FA/Draft, JJ, OO

Sign a bruiser, a marksman, and the rest any combination of 3+D players

I know Myles wouldn't be as good as Gobert or Ayton, but he will be good enough replacement level talent that will allow us to fill out a better, more balanced roster.

Gobert's salary with Trae's will suck all the oxygen out of our cap space. I'm curious about what Ayton would cost. 

I haven't seen any good replacement options for JC, certainly not upgrades. So I think we're best to roll with him, at least for the next year or two until we see if JJ can replace him. 

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Mitch Robinson isn't nearly as good as Capela. How is this even a thought? 

PER 36 mins.

MItch:

12ppg, 12rpb, 2.6B bpg 72% TS . 20.7 PER  .221 WS per 48 mins, 2.0 VORP, 3.1 NET Raptor, 5.4 Win Shares

Clint:

14.5ppg 15.5rpb, 1.3bpg 60%TS 21..4 PER .195 WS per 48 mins, 2.1 VOPR, 2.8 NET Raptor, 5.6 Win Shares. 

So extremely similar this year. Mitch a better rim protecter and much more efficient scoring, Capela a much better rebounder. I think if you also consider Cap gets to play with Trae and Mitch plays with, well, garbage, it's not a stretch to think Mitch could see a big rise in overall PPG stats playing on our team. 

Mitch is four years younger, and while he has struggled staying on the court himself, his injuries aren't cronic like the achilles thing for Cap which will only ever get worse. If Cap didn't have the achilles I wouldn't really be entertaining the move, at it's lateral at best IMO, but with that factor in mind, and looking towards the future factoring in a possible Cap decline and a very possible Mitch progression, if he would garner a contract similar or less than Cap I would make the move. 

55 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't agree.

I think a committee of Centers with CC, OO, and one more guy.. draft pick.. maybe if Duren falls into our hands or even Mark WIlliams would be good enough. 

Our major issue is finding somebody who can take pressure of a Trae.  Since we're talking Superstar.  Let's talk Playoff P.  he's What we really need. If we could package say Gallo/Kev/pick  for P..  I think it would be interesting.

Clippers think they can win it all next year with kawhi back, they def would not do that , make no sense for them, 

A new center?  I've read somewhere that there was one or two big old boys in the next draft.  Is there any possibility that the Hawks choose one of them?  Know who they are?  How good are they?

Trading for another center means trading away talent we have right now and a big payroll hit.  While a draft pick probably would not play immediately ( See last season's draft picks) we wouldn't lose any players and he wouldn't cost a mint.

:smug:

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

Clippers think they can win it all next year with kawhi back, they def would not do that , make no sense for them, 

I get Kawhi being back as being nice.   However, if they haven't learned anything this year, it should be that they can be successful with other players.. but if that truly be the case, I suggest we go after Mann in a trade.   Maybe our 1st rounder from NY for Mann. 

On 4/22/2022 at 5:36 PM, ShooterSays said:

I really don't know where the Hawks go this offseason, but the guy I thought I wanted on this team - Donovan Mitchell - nope. I'm out on him. No excuse to be losing to a Luka-less Mavs team. I'm out on Gobert for this same reason. And that contract...yikes. No thanks.

He probably wouldn't leave, but Zach Lavine is someone I wanted two years ago. He'd be high on my list. SGA as well.

I would go all in on Zach Lavine…he’s looking forward to free agency apparently too. I think he’d be worth it throwing the big money at and have him start in the back court with Trae.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I have fallen in love with the idea of keeping a C by committee and watching 2 young guys grow with Clint...

Clint, OO, and Mark Williams.

Yeah, use our draft pick on Williams.   If you just have to have a vet... Hassan Whiteside should be decent and he has done well with Utah.. but I feel like the younger MWill would be better for us.   Yeah.. Diesel signing off on a Dukie named MWill.  If it doesn't work, push some chips to Zubac next year. 

Now.. as far as Wing..  I like Playoff P.   I think LAC may deal. 

But if not him.. then.

unno

Maybe we can take a chance on a value contract with MPJr. 

• Thanks 1