• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey! De'Andre Hunter haters

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I did give him props in the game thread.  Here's what I believe:  
1. Hunter has been a huge let down this year.  I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with the Oubre hit.  People corrected me and said he should have gotten over it.  Show me where people have been claiming Hunter has been playing bad because of injury.  He's played bad overall.  He's played bad for a #4 pick.  He's played bad relative to his expectations, and I hope to God it's because of injuries.  
2.  I've always said I still believe Hunter can turn things around.  That his problems are not because of Trae and heliocentric bull crap.  He was awesome the beginning of last season, and I keep waiting to see that version of Hunter.

Additionally wing stop has been a failure to this point.  If Hunter can't deliver consistently, we invested a lot of draft capital in two guys who don't move the needle for a franchise.  I'm pulling for him to succeed and still being realistic about his results.  Can you do both?  

Finally, what the heck is with calling people out after he plays good for one frickin quarter?  It's like you don't consider an entire season of mediocre play, and then rub one good quarter in people's faces. People just stated the obvious, he didn't look like an NBA starter all year.  What is there to call people out on? 

Nothing would make me happier than to see Hunter play like last night the rest of his career.

You have your agenda and Supes has his is all I'm saying...lol.

I should say you bring up valid points.  I'm a person that tries to see the why.

I believe Hunter's injury have just set him back this season. 

Have the results been stellar? No!  

I get frustrated with his lack of vision, and his Cam Reddish turnovers during the season.  I chalk some of that up to the wrist and him not having his handle and athleticism.   

Just saying you shouldn't qualify a quality outing  by saying let's wait and see him play against Cleveland and you did give him props in the Game thread.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I did give him props in the game thread.  Here's what I believe:  
1. Hunter has been a huge let down this year.  I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with the Oubre hit.  People corrected me and said he should have gotten over it.  Show me where people have been claiming Hunter has been playing bad because of injury.  He's played bad overall.  He's played bad for a #4 pick.  He's played bad relative to his expectations, and I hope to God it's because of injuries.  
2.  I've always said I still believe Hunter can turn things around.  That his problems are not because of Trae and heliocentric bull crap.  He was awesome the beginning of last season, and I keep waiting to see that version of Hunter.

Additionally wing stop has been a failure to this point.  If Hunter can't deliver consistently, we invested a lot of draft capital in two guys who don't move the needle for a franchise.  I'm pulling for him to succeed and still being realistic about his results.  Can you do both?  

Finally, what the heck is with calling people out after he plays good for one frickin quarter?  It's like you don't consider an entire season of mediocre play, and then rub one good quarter in people's faces. People just stated the obvious, he didn't look like an NBA starter all year.  What is there to call people out on? 

Nothing would make me happier than to see Hunter play like last night the rest of his career.

"In your face Deandre HATERS!"

Then

"hey... hey... hey... why the heck are people defending their takes on Hunter this year instead of celebrating his good game"

Geeeez wonder why lol. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

yes Hunter finally played well after sucking balls for the entire season.

If he doesn't continue to play well this will be nothing more than an anomaly .

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He will need to have another great game in Cleveland.  They have a big lineup and JC being out is going to be very painful in that game.  He plays so much better when he's crashing the boards and staying engaged.  I've always felt our core needed to be Hunter + Trae + unknown all-star in the long term to contend.  I'm hoping we can extend Hunter this offseason for decent value.  We all know what he's capable of, just need him to stay healthy and get a solid offseason of work in.  

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

.and I'll repeat what I've been say since the off season....for the Hawks to take the next step one of our wings need to be 'THAT GUY' to be the yang to Trae's ying.

Yes.  For instance, when Trae passes out of a backcourt double or triple team don't just dribble slowly to the 3 point line and wait for Trae to get in the front court and then pass it back to him.   Attack the basket.  You have nimbers. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Man, I'm just glad we beat down the HorCats.

Huerter, Gallo and Cap was on it in the 1st half.

Dre lead the charge in the 3rd quarter.

......and I'll repeat what I've been say since the off season....for the Hawks to take the next step one of our wings need to be 'THAT GUY' to be the yang to Trae's ying.

Definitely, this is Dre’s opportunity to show why Schlenk picked him to compliment Tre. His maturity, defense, offensive versatility and championship pedigree albeit collegiate. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

One more thing I will say about Dre’s play lately is that he is playing with more urgency and aggressiveness.  Cutting to the basket, offensive rebounds, fighting through screens. This was my main issue with him in the regular season. It may have been due to recovering from injury but i is good to see none the less. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Attack the basket. 

This^^^....instead of waiting for Trae to get clear to give him back the ball. If the shot is there take it or set up the play if it isn't. 

ABGTTH - Always be going to the hoop!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Exactly this.  There's a couple of posters on here flexing like 3rd quarter Dre was showing up all year and we're just too stupid to see it.  But he scored more points (16) in the 3rd quarter last night than he did in 37 of the 53 ENTIRE GAMES he played all year.  And his 4 3rd quarter boards were equal or more than he had in 41 of his 53 games.  He was criticized for a reason this year.  But last night was great. Hopefully it continues Friday.  

You see....you come in here confusing people with facts....geez man!

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.  For instance, when Trae passes out of a backcourt double or triple team don't just dribble slowly to the 3 point line and wait for Trae to get in the front court and then pass it back to him.   Attack the basket.  You have nimbers. 

image.gif.bb24a91b891f9ab981436d7a210c84fa.gif