• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

this will either be Trae's wake up call or the beginning of his demise

shakes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If this is the narrative being presented then I can accept this but to think of young as this basketball God who deserves better than what his teammates have to offer is a hard pill to swallow for me especially since he has his own set of problems that he has to work through

Trae is not without his flaws and still has holes in his game to work on his game, but if you can tell me one high level skill any of our wings currently have that they do CONSISTENTLY that we can expect more often than not.......I'll just shut up on this for the rest of the night.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Philly and Milwaukee were highly ranked defenses

Ranking Schmankings....Is what you are seeing from Miami this year, what you saw from Philly and Bucks last year? That would be a no....I know what I'm seeing.

5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

More mugging than defense this year.

Whatever you want to call it....this this year isn't that last year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae is not without his flaws and still has holes in his game to work on his game, but if you can tell me one high level skill any of our wings currently have that they do CONSISTENTLY that we can expect more often than not.......I'll just shut up on this for the rest of the night.

Young doesn't even perform CONSISTENTLY so why do we expect more from his supporting cast than him.  But please don't shut up for the night.  This is enjoyable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ranking Schmankings....Is what you are seeing from Miami this year, what you saw from Philly and Bucks last year? That would be a no....I know what I'm seeing.

Whatever you want to call it....this this year isn't that last year.

Philly did have 2 all defensive team wings on its team plus Embiid...Just saying

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Young doesn't even perform CONSISTENTLY so why do we expect more from his supporting cast than him.  But please don't shut up for the night.  This is enjoyable.

He has consistently performed more than not...and you know that's true.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Philly did have 2 all defensive team wings on its team plus Embiid...Just saying

Again.....what are you eyes telling you in how the heat are guarding Trae vs what you saw from Philly.  Embiid was drop covering Trae to prevent the Capela lob leaving Trae open for the floater. Miami is keeping Trae out of the lane.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He has consistently performed more than not...and you know that's true.

Highs and lows all of the time.  One game he is 0-7 from 3 another 5-7.  One game he will have 2 turnovers another game 9 on and on and on

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But please don't shut up for the night.  This is enjoyable.

It's enjoyable, but you haven't answered the question....tell me one high level skill any of our wings currently have that they do CONSISTENTLY that we can expect more often than not..

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Highs and lows all of the time.  One game he is 0-7 from 3 another 5-7.  One game he will have 2 turnovers another game 9 on and on and on

No....that's the other guys. (Besides the TOs)

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I think his point was why after this game where there were so many other areas you can go.  Over all how can you expect Hunter to magically be this force going into his 3rd season without an off season before his 2nd and 3rd years?  You can't train and improve your game during the off season if you are hurt especially with an injury as serious as Hunter's was.  And then when he came back, he suffered another injury.  Now them dudes that couldn't guard a chair or throw it in the ocean...Them dude should be the focus of the fanbase not the leading scorer and arguably their best perimeter defender

I'll bitch about hunter all day long , but I still don't doubt it we got rid of him based on these situations in three years he'd be killing us in some playoff series , cuz Atlanta 

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It's enjoyable, but you haven't answered the question....tell me one high level skill any of our wings currently have that they do CONSISTENTLY that we can expect more often than not..

They aren't there yet.  Here is the problem...The team isn't ready yet.  The wings aren't ready yet...The bigs aren't ready yet and Trae isn't ready yet.  The problem is that y'all think he is

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

I'll bitch about hunter all day long , but I still don't doubt it we got rid of him based on these situations in three years he'd be killing us in some playoff series , cuz Atlanta 

Knock yourself out...You are just proving my point to @AHF

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They aren't there yet.  Here is the problem...The team isn't ready yet.  The wings aren't ready yet...The bigs aren't ready yet and Trae isn't ready yet.  The problem is that y'all think he is

One guy cannot do it by himself...I'll be a parrot and keep repeating what I said before the season started.....for the Hawks to take the next step we need one of our wings to step up and be that Consistent guy next to Trae...and I stand by that.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One guy cannot do it by himself...I'll be a parrot and keep repeating what I said before the season started.....for the Hawks to take the next step we need one of our wings to step up and be that Consistent guy next to Trae...and I stand by that.

And they will but it doesn't happen over night.  As bad as Huerter plays at times this season, I see improvement.  I see some offensive growth with Hunter here in the playoffs.  Even Bogi's game got better late in the season.  Some of the greats did not sniff the finals until 5 plus years in the league.  It took Jordan 7 years? Lebron 5? KD 5?  Be patient.  These guys will get better.

I forgot to add Isiah 5 or 6 years also

And they will but it doesn't happen over night.  As bad as Huerter plays at times this season, I see improvement.  I see some offensive growth with Hunter here in the playoffs.  Even Bogi's game got better late in the season.  Some of the greats did not sniff the finals until 5 plus years in the league.  It took Jordan 7 years? Lebron 5? KD 5?  Be patient.  These guys will get better.

I forgot to add Isiah 5 or 6 years also

And curry

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Continuity matters

6 hours ago, Wretch said:

All of of this, with the exception of my personal worthless and wretched opinion added after the strikethrough text.  I don't think Miami is that good.  They play the type of ball that looks great in regular the season, but shows its flaws in the post season.  We don't have the toughness, experience, and consistency to get through their defense - which to me is the beginning and end of this story.  They are just flat out choking Trae, scrambling on defense, and punking the team.  This is not surprising to anyone who has followed Pat Riley over the decades.  The way he sets the tone...it's a whole mood.

I don't expect that Trae is going to just start magically moving without the ball, but I'll also add that unless we upgrade the offense, I don't see it happening anytime soon.  By upgrade I don't just mean a reliable shot creator.  I also mean upgrading our offensive system to one that promotes ball/player movement.

Side note - Should we take the L on this series, I fully expect Miami to get exposed by a team that matches their intensity and can actually score the ball.

100% co-sign this post.  

They have definitely punked us to a certain extent.  Even guys like Collins and Capela, who played the tough guy role last year vs the Knicks, Sixers, and Bucks, don't have that same energy in this series.  Maybe it's due to neither of them being 100%, but that swagger isn't there.

From Trae's standpoint, the only thing he hasn't tried yet, is to try to draw fouls.  If he can ever get into the paint, that's what I would like to see from him.  But Miami's defense is flat out denying him from getting the paint.

And the team that punked Miami last year, was Milwaukee.

I don't think Miami can beat Milwaukee OR Boston

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1