• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

this will either be Trae's wake up call or the beginning of his demise

shakes

• Premium Member
k Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Kyrie Irving 2014-15 22 75 75 36.4 7.7 16.5 .468 2.1 5.0 .415 5.6 11.4 .491 .532 4.2 4.9 .863 0.7 2.4 3.2 5.2 1.5 0.3 2.5 1.9 21.7
2 Trae Young 2021-22 23 76 76 34.9 9.4 20.3 .460 3.1 8.0 .382 6.3 12.3 .512 .536 6.6 7.3 .904 0.7 3.1 3.7 9.7 0.9 0.1 4.0 1.7 28.4

Kyrie vs. Trae... 4th year....

k Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Kevin Durant 2010-11 22 78 78 38.9 9.1 19.7 .462 1.9 5.3 .350 7.3 14.4 .504 .509 7.6 8.7 .880 0.7 6.1 6.8 2.7 1.1 1.0 2.8 2.0 27.7
2 Trae Young 2021-22 23 76 76 34.9 9.4 20.3 .460 3.1 8.0 .382 6.3 12.3 .512 .536 6.6 7.3 .904 0.7 3.1 3.7 9.7 0.9 0.1 4.0 1.7 28.4

Durant vs. Trae.... 4th Year

Who is the real Superstar here?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’m very surprised, but encouraged, that Trae posted this:

This lets me know he at least understands what a winning floor game from a PG looks like.  I guess y’all wanna sign Vincent now.  Just add 2 or 3 more undrafteds and our on-the-fly rebuild will be set!

Edited by benhillboy

Bullshit, he's only 23, no matter what happens in the next few years he has plenty of time to either turn things around or add to his legacy. He could play another 15 years, these hot takes to try and define him now are pretty ridiculous

Edited by swanlee

• Premium Member

Turns out the Heat are pretty damn good huh?

I don't think Trae or anyone else saw the Heat clamping down on us and executing their gameplan on both ends to perfection, but this is a veteran team with an great (underrated) coach that has already made a Finals run which was getting overlooked in favor of the "big name" teams heading into the playoffs, and as of right now you'd be foolish to discount them against either Milwaukee or Boston.

This Hawks team learned the hard way that you can't coast early on in the season, and that you can't just rely on Trae Young to run your entire offense because for the first time ever we found out conclusively that a great defensive team can take him completely away and force others to beat them. Fact is we had no counter whatsoever to their defense and the blueprint is now out there for teams like Milwuakee and Boston to copy and paste so we better head into next year and come up with a plan B if we want to avoid another playoff embarassment.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Turns out the Heat are pretty damn good huh?

I don't think Trae or anyone else saw the Heat clamping down on us and executing their gameplan on both ends to perfection, but this is a veteran team with an great (underrated) coach that has already made a Finals run which was getting overlooked in favor of the "big name" teams heading into the playoffs, and as of right now you'd be foolish to discount them against either Milwaukee or Boston.

This Hawks team learned the hard way that you can't coast early on in the season, and that you can't just rely on Trae Young to run your entire offense because for the first time ever we found out conclusively that a great defensive team can take him completely away and force others to beat them. Fact is we had no counter whatsoever to their defense and the blueprint is now out there for teams like Milwuakee and Boston to copy and paste so we better head into next year and come up with a plan B if we want to avoid another playoff embarassment.

The Heat are good but opportunistic. 

They beat us when we were not healthy.  They won two of those games when Embiid was not on the floor.  Philly is in shambles. 

I can't say that Miami's executed game plan or talent has superseded the opponents... I will say that they have had a lot of Good fortune so far. 

You ask anybody and they will tell you that Miami has had the easiest road to their conference finals. 

The lesson that we have learned is that things should change.  How much.. I don't know.   I don't think you can conclude anything about us losing to Miami with OO as our starting C and Gallo as our starting PF and Bogi being gimpy.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Heat are good but opportunistic. 

They beat us when we were not healthy.  They won two of those games when Embiid was not on the floor.  Philly is in shambles. 

I can't say that Miami's executed game plan or talent has superseded the opponents... I will say that they have had a lot of Good fortune so far. 

You ask anybody and they will tell you that Miami has had the easiest road to their conference finals. 

The lesson that we have learned is that things should change.  How much.. I don't know.   I don't think you can conclude anything about us losing to Miami with OO as our starting C and Gallo as our starting PF and Bogi being gimpy.

They curb stompped a healthy Philly on the road in game 6 holding them to 72 points late into the fourth quarter, and beat us missing their entire backcourt in game 5. Continue underrating them, hope you don't put money on it thought. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

They curb stompped a healthy Philly on the road in game 6 holding them to 72 points late into the fourth quarter, and beat us missing their entire backcourt in game 5. Continue underrating them, hope you don't put money on it thought. 

They have benefited more than any other team from injuries to the opposition but that doesn't make them unworthy.  If the Bulls got to play the Pacers without Rik Smits and Dale Davis and then got to play the Knicks missing Ewing for several games they may well have had a much easier path to the ECF but it doesn't mean they wouldn't have still been the best team in basketball.

Miami isn't the Bulls but they will really make their bones in the next two series against tougher opposition, imo.  If they end up holding a trophy, no one will discount their victory because they benefited from some injuries to the opposition.  If they go down hard in the ECF, it would invite that type of second-guessing as to how meaningful it was to beat the Hawks or to go 2-2 against the Sixers with Embiid.  I think what they do the rest of the way will really write their narrative.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Miami definitely has been impressive but i agree with D that they hit 2 teams that were flawed and banged up so far.  But that's what you get with #1 seed.  

I look at it as the team with 2 of the 3 best players on the floor usually win.  Embiid and Butler are the two best and it was a toss up whether Harden could be the third.  He wasn't.  I'd say it was Bam but in reality there are like 5 heat players that outplayed the rest of philly.

Hopefully Middleton comes back and the Bucks advance.  I think the Heat are going to have a much harder time with them. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

They have benefited more than any other team from injuries to the opposition but that doesn't make them unworthy.  If the Bulls got to play the Pacers without Rik Smits and Dale Davis and then got to play the Knicks missing Ewing for several games they may well have had a much easier path to the ECF but it doesn't mean they wouldn't have still been the best team in basketball.

Miami isn't the Bulls but they will really make their bones in the next two series against tougher opposition, imo.  If they end up holding a trophy, no one will discount their victory because they benefited from some injuries to the opposition.  If they go down hard in the ECF, it would invite that type of second-guessing as to how meaningful it was to beat the Hawks or to go 2-2 against the Sixers with Embiid.  I think what they do the rest of the way will really write their narrative.

For sure, but their defense is legit af, and they can matchup well against either MIlwaukee or Boston, so I expect either to be a a tightly contested series 100%. Also for a team without a "star" they currently have Butler doing his best Kawhi in 2019 impersonation averaging 29-8-5 with 2 steals and 53% shooting so far in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Miami definitely has been impressive but i agree with D that they hit 2 teams that were flawed and banged up so far.  But that's what you get with #1 seed.  

I look at it as the team with 2 of the 3 best players on the floor usually win.  Embiid and Butler are the two best and it was a toss up whether Harden could be the third.  He wasn't.  I'd say it was Bam but in reality there are like 5 heat players that outplayed the rest of philly.

Hopefully Middleton comes back and the Bucks advance.  I think the Heat are going to have a much harder time with them. 

If the Bucks get Middleton back they are the best team in the NBA, no doubt about it. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

For sure, but their defense is legit af, and they can matchup well against either MIlwaukee or Boston, so I expect either to be a a tightly contested series 100%. Also for a team without a "star" they currently have Butler doing his best Kawhi in 2019 impersonation averaging 29-8-5 with 2 steals and 53% shooting so far in the playoffs.

I don't know how Butler isn't a star.  He is a legit All-NBA guy in his best seasons (4x) and All-Star for most seasons in his prime (6x).  Impactful two-way stud even if he isn't in the same tier as prime LeBron, Timmy, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

They beat "US"....

Let's review...

NO Bogi.   CC could only play a qtr of the game.   JC couldn't catch or jump.    is that "US"?

They were able to replace Butler and Lowry with Vincent and Oladipo.

• Vincent had a better series than Lowry..
  • Oladipo is a former ALL NBA Team player. 

We had to stick with playing Kev more minutes to cover for Gimpy Bogi and we had to play OO more. 

And we still only loss by 3. 

My point is pay attention to the details.   That wasn't US.. that wasn't the team that played the season.  That was a walking wounded us who couldn't do anything to stop them from forwarding their gameplan. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

They beat "US"....

Let's review...

NO Bogi.   CC could only play a qtr of the game.   JC couldn't catch or jump.    is that "US"?

They were able to replace Butler and Lowry with Vincent and Oladipo.

• Vincent had a better series than Lowry..
  • Oladipo is a former ALL NBA Team player. 

We had to stick with playing Kev more minutes to cover for Gimpy Bogi and we had to play OO more. 

And we still only loss by 3. 

My point is pay attention to the details.   That wasn't US.. that wasn't the team that played the season.  That was a walking wounded us who couldn't do anything to stop them from forwarding their gameplan. 

So it's a discredit to them they are deeper than us? Not sure I'm getting your point here. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Has their defense really been tested?

If their defense is Legit AF.. how did they lose game 3 to Philly by 20?  How did Philly score 116 points in game 4?  I hate to mention it.. and kills some of your narrative... but Game 6...  Danny Green played 3:00 Minutes before he was injured.  Yet again... another injury that helped Miami along the way. 

I know Pat Riley and Erik is holding a prayer meeting hoping that they don't get Milwaukee with Middleton. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

So it's a discredit to them they are deeper than us? Not sure I'm getting your point here. 

It's certainly not taunting their greatness that they are the least injured team in these playoffs playing injured teams...

Do you really think that makes them great.. or as you say legit AF?

Before the playoffs, OO was in a terrible Slump.   He had hit the wall.   When the playoffs start, he becomes our starting C.  He was still in the slump.  It was so bad with our frontcourt that JC said.. Even though I can't catch the ball and can't jump for shit, I'm going to play and Nate say.. Ok i'm going to put you in the game??

And you think that means that Miami is Legit AF??

Come on Holic.. 

If Danny Green doesn't go down in the first 3 minutes of last night's game, they are probably planning game 7. 

Riddle me this...

Who looks more legit.  Miami or Boston or Milwaukee?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Has their defense really been tested?

If their defense is Legit AF.. how did they lose game 3 to Philly by 20?  How did Philly score 116 points in game 4?  I hate to mention it.. and kills some of your narrative... but Game 6...  Danny Green played 3:00 Minutes before he was injured.  Yet again... another injury that helped Miami along the way. 

I know Pat Riley and Erik is holding a prayer meeting hoping that they don't get Milwaukee with Middleton. 

They are holding teams to 97.5 PPG and 16TOs a game (around 103 offensive rating) and held Trae Young to 15 points on 31% shooting and Embiid to 20ppg on 42% shootiong. So yea.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's certainly not taunting their greatness that they are the least injured team in these playoffs playing injured teams...

Do you really think that makes them great.. or as you say legit AF?

Before the playoffs, OO was in a terrible Slump.   He had hit the wall.   When the playoffs start, he becomes our starting C.  He was still in the slump.  It was so bad with our frontcourt that JC said.. Even though I can't catch the ball and can't jump for shit, I'm going to play and Nate say.. Ok i'm going to put you in the game??

And you think that means that Miami is Legit AF??

Come on Holic.. 

If Danny Green doesn't go down in the first 3 minutes of last night's game, they are probably planning game 7. 

Riddle me this...

Who looks more legit.  Miami or Boston or Milwaukee?

Did Jimmy Butler miss game 5 against us? Lowry has been injured since game 3 in our series. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

They are holding INJURED teams to 97.5 PPG and 16TOs a game (around 103 offensive rating) and held Trae Young to 15 points on 31% shooting and Embiid to 20ppg on 42% shootiong. So yea.

Fixed that for you.

• Premium Member

It amazes me that you can try to make a statistical claim about a team who has been playing Injured teams?

I can go with a win is a win... The Hawks put 2nd teamers and COVID players on the court and the loss goes in the books...and counts as a loss..

However, it's a different thing if you look on those COVID games and try to draw statistics from them.. and then try to make roster moves based on how the COVID team played?

This is the equivalent of what you're doing HOLIC and in a larger since, what the Hawks fans are doing this offseason.