• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

this will either be Trae's wake up call or the beginning of his demise

shakes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Are you saying Kid n Play aren't legends? That's insulting.

I missed Kid n Play. Is there a different Hall of Fame that I'm not aware of?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, sturt said:

Nah. It's fine. Just have to respect legends, or you're considered someone who doesn't... not a huge price to pay on HS, though it probably does say something about your pettiness and character outside of HS. Just sayin.

Damn, @sturt, go on son. 
I couldn’t care less, it was a joke bc there have been way too many posts debating this topic ever since OO was drafted. If I really cared, don’t you think I would’ve jumped in the middle of that mess?

Trust me, if I wanted to be petty, I’d do a much better job than this. Just sayin. 

• Haha 2

I will help qualify my Kid n Play reference for those curious.

First, cultural icons, can't go wrong there.

2. The whole lightskin/brownskin thing, can't help but see it. 

Kid = Trae. for whatever reason, Kid was always the most memorable of the duo. His on screen persona was always the nicer, more soft spoken character. But, you put a microphone in his hand and he would always go crazy and even out shine Play in a battle. Had a mean streak in him when you came at him the wrong way. Physical appearance they both have a unique memorable hairstyle that is both cool but gets joked on. 

Play = Murray, the smoother and tougher persona. Got all the ladies on screen. Was a slick talker and was always the one who would stand up for Kid if he was in trouble. He could hold his own on the mic and just was an overall life of the party. Didn't back down from anyone. Appearance wise they both rock the side part and have swag.

Oh la oh la ayyyy!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@bird_dirt is on fire 🔥. Sorry I’m just watching the hot 🥵 hand right now. He’s like the Ma on golden girls 👧 when she gets on a roll just giving it to Blanche. :laugh1:

image.gif.0ef65558f9387454d9aee18497a7eff7.gif

I tried to knock him off his game but even I couldn't stop him from giving it to Blanche.

😉

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Damn, @sturt, go on son. 
I couldn’t care less, it was a joke bc there have been way too many posts debating this topic ever since OO was drafted. If I really cared, don’t you think I would’ve jumped in the middle of that mess?

Trust me, if I wanted to be petty, I’d do a much better job than this. Just sayin. 

It was a joke but... pause to think if you didn't already.... the only people laughing, practically by definition, were the people who take it lightly... wouldn't you say????

Pettiness is rarely a matter of wanting to be that... more often it happens just as happened here. Just sayin.

It ends up being a lot like middle school... another context where people tend to prefer to not take respect all that seriously.

Not backing down. Obviously. Decency shouldn't be so uncool.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

I hope Trae is quietly paying attention. Unfortunately his playoff struggles vs Miami is at the forefront of everybody's mind.

NBA execs poll:

9. Trae Young (Atlanta)

USATSI_17664849.jpg?w=1000

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports

Share of the vote: 4 percent of maximum amount possible

Previous ranking: No. 5

One NBA executive voted Trae Young as high as third overall on his ballot.

“Young is a game-changer,” an NBA executive told HoopsHype. “We play in a guard’s league. He carries his team and makes everyone better around him.”

Young, however, struggled mightily in the playoffs against the Heat, averaging 15.4 points on 31.9 percent shooting and 6.0 assists. It could be a reason he fell in our poll this time around.

After leading the NBA in total points scored (2,155) and total assists (737), the Hawks acquired All-Star Dejounte Murray to help take some attention off Young and lead Atlanta deeper into the playoffs.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-poll-top-players-to-build-around-luka-doncic-jayson-tatum-ja-morant-zion-williamson-lamelo-ball/