• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should Nate be fired?

SalvorMallow

Should Nate be fired?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't believe they don't want to fire him because of salary. It's because of a lack of options and no one wants to coach this squad. 

I don't believe that.

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t believe that. There are coaches thinking they can take Trae all the way. 

Thank you.

The front office uncertainty is now the biggest obstacle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t believe that. There are coaches thinking they can take Trae all the way. 

I am talking good proven coaches. Not your run of the mill coach or unproven gem like LP that might not be a gem at all. I am talking proven coaches with options. Of course Jemelle McMillan would like to be a HC one day 

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am talking good proven coaches. Not your run of the mill coach or unproven gem like LP that might not be a gem at all. I am talking proven coaches with options. Of course Jemelle McMillan would like to be a HC one day 

Still though. You don’t think Mike D. is itching to run Trae like it’s 2K and he’s in control? Snyder, prolly the same. Nash.

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am talking good proven coaches. Not your run of the mill coach or unproven gem like LP that might not be a gem at all. I am talking proven coaches with options.

If you a headliner and a coach that knows he’s good and has confidence, how do you NOT take on this challenge. 

If I’m a coach, specially a vet coach with NO RING or trying for one and have the hunger, I want to fck wit Trae and OO and the rest. We a couple tweaks away if management keeps their big fat noses out of it.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

If you a headliner and a coach that knows he’s good and has confidence, how do you NOT take on this challenge. 

If I’m a coach, specially a vet coach with NO RING or trying for one and have the hunger, I want to fck wit Trae and OO and the rest. We a couple tweaks away if management keeps their big fat noses out of it.

Unrealistic Expectations. That's why coaches with options turn down jobs all of the time. 

You and Jay are diehards, you think this is a way better job than it is when it's not. At least at this moment it's not. Maybe in the off-season with a big trade or they hit the lotto, this job might be far more attractive.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You and Jay are diehards, you think this is a way better job than it is when it's not. At least at this moment it's not. Maybe in the off-season with a big trade or they hit the lotto, this job might be far more attractive.

So if you’re a coach, would you rather have the Hawks job or say,

The Hornets 🐝 (even after they win the Wemby stakes) with Melo

or

Rockets 🚀 (after they will Wemby) with J. Green, Jabari Sengun and the gang?

With the Hawks coach, if you are a good coach, Trae will make it work.

The other jobs, you are gonna get canned in the first 2 years most likely because your record will STINK.

Nah, Supes, you lookin at this thing backwards to me. 

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Still though. You don’t think Mike D. is itching to run Trae like it’s 2K and he’s in control? Snyder, prolly the same. Nash.

Mike D has the same questions as Nate. He's good, old, and stubborn. His offensive schemes are the best for our style of play and he's Big on O but he treats defense like it's just a thing and in today's NBA, you will get killed doing that. Teams take on the image of their HC and Mike will have our defense at 30. Charlotte passed on him for a reason and hired the retread Coach Clifford. 

When I think of Mike D, I can see Trae stans being happy as his stats are good but winning would go down as defense will go to an all time awful level. 

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Mike D has the same questions as Nate. He's good, old, and stubborn. His offensive schemes are the best for our style of play and he's Big on O but he treats defense like it's just a thing and in today's NBA, you will get killed doing that. Teams take on the image of their HC and Mike will have our defense at 30. Charlotte passed on him for a reason and hired the retread Coach Clifford. 

When I think of Mike D, I can see Trae stans being happy as his stats are good but winning would go down as defense will go to an all time awful level. 

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So if you’re a coach, would you rather have the Hawks job or say,

The Hornets 🐝 (even after they win the Wemby stakes) with Melo

or

Rockets 🚀 (after they will Wemby) with J. Green, Jabari Sengun and the gang?

With the Hawks coach, if you are a good coach, Trae will make it work.

The other jobs, you are gonna get canned in the first 2 years most likely because your record will STINK.

Nah, Supes, you lookin at this thing backwards to me. 

Rockets is a superior job, you got an interested Harden, no contracts, easy to fix and no serious expectations. You have a lot of flexibility. 

Hornets job has low expectations but this summer will dictate how good of a job it is. I would take the Hornets job if I had a motion offense, they can fit into that quite well. Defense is a major issue but if they resign Bridges back this summer, it's a completely different team. 

Yeah, this might be the worst job in the NBA. Very High expectations from the fanbase and owner and no real path without a Blockbuster trade which is difficult to do as the player has to be available and you have to have the best offer. 

It's not a bad roster at all but no one has a bad roster anymore. So what makes us the worst is expectations. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah, this might be the worst job in the NBA.

No way guy. We have a top 10 player in Trae who’s a point guard. A quarterback of the NFL team if you will. 

Granted so is Ball but that foo erratic AF can’t be trusted with his 🤡 outdoor ball. That white chocolate ish don’t work 24/7.

I like Nate as a person but this team seems to get in very predictable bad patterns.

Blowing games after halftime when being up by double digits.

The defense is still suspect while the offense lacks a good cohesive system.

Injuries all the time. This seems to follow Nate around, maybe his coaching style or trainers he hires are not good.

We tend to flounder and dig or selves a huge hole every year we need to climb out if just to eek in tje playoffs.

If he does not resign during the year then we should part ways in the off season.

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Here's what Mike though Rookie year...

There is no doubt that Trae Young of the Atlanta Hawks has been one of the league’s top rookies this season. At this point, it appears to be a two-horse race between Young and Luka Doncic of the Dallas Mavericks for the Rookie of the Year award.

The Houston Rockets are in town to take on the Hawks on Tuesday. Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni has nothing but praise for Atlanta’s point guard.

As he told Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle:

“I think he’s been great,” Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said. “That’s really the first time I’ve ever watched him play. You see a bit on tape. You watch a little bit on highlights. I don’t scout and I don’t do that stuff. Up close and personal, he’s really good. He’s had a great year. It should be exciting for the fans here and the organization because that kid can play.”

• Thanks 1

Nate will be fired soon  OR  He will not be let go until after the end of this season.

Did any one notice?  Maybe it's because they were away on the west coast but he seemed to have coached a lot better recently.  Still not great, but improved.  Perhaps he comes back home and finds he no longer has a job.  Perhaps we're in a "Wait and see what happens" situation right now.

Against the Clippers, Atlanta had a great 1st half.  Then they did their sleepwalk 3rd quarter.  Some how, some way they staggered thru this, awoke and went on to win the 4th quarter and the game.

Nate has coached for a long time.  Stubborn, bull headed, old fashioned and unwilling to change.  He has a coaching staff that are not great.  Who would replace him?

There are numerous young college coaches who would love to become a NBA coach and would jump at the opportunity.  But, would it do any good to hire one of them?  Would the players listen?  NBA is different from school coaching.  Could he adapt?  

There are some vetersan NBA coaches who are unemployed right now.  Would any of them want to take on the task of following Nate?  Perhaps there is an NBA team out there right now that would swap head coaches with us.  Players are traded.  Why not coaches?

Nothing is simple, is it?  The longer Nate stays now, the less likely he is to leave this season.  Has he weathered the storm?  Or, is he still on shaky ground?  We should know soon.

:smug: