Should Nate be fired?

SalvorMallow

Should Nate be fired?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

If you look how well Jaylen Brown is playing, a big part of it is how well he plays off Tatum and attacks the holes in the GSW defense that is scrambling because their committing to Tatum so hard. You need a slasher who likes getting into the paint.

No-one on this team can do that consistently. The 2 memorable times this has happened for us was game 7 Kevin and Deandre in our elimination loss. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, aali34 said:

If you look how well Jaylen Brown is playing, a big part of it is how well he plays off Tatum and attacks the holes in the GSW defense that is scrambling because their committing to Tatum so hard. You need a slasher who likes getting into the paint.

No-one on this team can do that consistently. The 2 memorable times this has happened for us was game 7 Kevin and Deandre in our elimination loss. 

:good::good::good:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

No one believes he’s an ideal coach whether here or his last stops.  But compared to his staff he’s like Phil Jackson.  We’d probably get noticeably better set plays out of Prunty but the defense would likely fall off the cliff it’s teetering on.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Nate does not know what to do with two playmakers.  We should have been working on ball and player movement last season.  We certainly should have been working on it coming out of the gates this season after the acquisition of Dejounte. 

His dad is chiming in now FWIW:

The whole world knows it's coming.  The only reason I can think of that they're holding off on this is to maintain stability for a playoff push (ticket sales).  That or the players are sticking up for Nate.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Nate does not know what to do with two playmakers.  We should have been working on ball and player movement last season.  We certainly should have been working on it coming out of the gates this season after the acquisition of Dejounte. 

The whole world knows it's coming.  The only reason I can think of that they're holding off on this is to maintain stability for a playoff push (ticket sales).  That or the players are sticking up for Nate.  

The only problem I have is if the players are sticking up for Nate, they got a piss-poor way of showing it.  I just feel IMHO, he's lost them well before the 1/3rd of the way point of the season.

• Like 3

Flustration!  I know not what has happened but I do know that Nate has been getting a foul called on him recently.  Last night, getting a Hawk player mugged under the basket and no call, Nate lost it and got the call.  Why do we get no respect?

Hawks are not playing winning ball right now.  Why?  Is it the coach?  Is it injuries?  Is it management?  Something has gotta give.  We can't just go on and on like this.

🚶‍♂️

• Premium Member
On 6/11/2022 at 8:08 AM, aali34 said:

I always felt Jaylen Brown would be the best 2guard for us. Wish we would have made a move for him before he became untouchable.

51 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Nope, it's because they don't want to pay his guaranteed salary. They are hoping he will retire in the offseason and leave them off the hook.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I always felt Jaylen Brown would be the best 2guard for us. Wish we would have made a move for him before he became untouchable.

Nope, it's because they don't want to pay his guaranteed salary. They are hoping he will retire in the offseason and leave them off the hook.

I was gonna mention his salary but.... I just couldn't bring myself to believe that's what this is about.

🤦🏾‍♂️

5 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Jaylen Brown is not available for anyone on our roster including Trae and he's a big wing. Murray was the best player that was available to us.

• Premium Member

Well Nate did say he didn't care what analytics said about 3pt shooting at the beginning of the season.....

In last night's game, Atlanta shot 45.8% from the field and 29% from the three-point line. The putrid offensive numbers underscore the fact that Atlanta has the most unhealthy shot diet in the NBA. In an apparent rebuke of analytics, Atlanta is consistently near the top of the league in midrange shots and scraping the floor in three-pointers and free throws.

• Sad 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well Nate did say he didn't care what analytics said about 3pt shooting at the beginning of the season.....

In last night's game, Atlanta shot 45.8% from the field and 29% from the three-point line. The putrid offensive numbers underscore the fact that Atlanta has the most unhealthy shot diet in the NBA. In an apparent rebuke of analytics, Atlanta is consistently near the top of the league in midrange shots and scraping the floor in three-pointers and free throws.

Everyone can nitpick rotation decisions. However, last night's disaster class in defense is the latest reminder that Atlanta is getting out schemed on a nightly basis. Sometimes teams get hot, like the league's worst outside shooting team did last night against Atlanta

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Bingo - If they fire him, they're stuck with paying the rest of his salary.  If he resigns, they don't, although they might work out some small token buyout of the rest of his contract.  Management & Owners bird sounds don't quite match the screech of a hawk.  It's more like the chirp of a song bird...cheap, cheap, cheap.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Watchman said:

Bingo - If they fire him, they're stuck with paying the rest of his salary.  If he resigns, they don't, although they might work out some small token buyout of the rest of his contract.  Management & Owners bird sounds don't quite match the screech of a hawk.  It's more like the chirp of a song bird...cheap, cheap, cheap.

I don't believe they don't want to fire him because of salary. It's because of a lack of options and no one wants to coach this squad.