• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should Nate be fired?

SalvorMallow

Should Nate be fired?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, the guy is stubborn with players and rotations, makes no adjustments, Miami exposed him, they freelance on offense and defense, how do you not even know how to inbound a pass or handle a press, if Travis doesn't pull the plug now he'll be fired with him next year when they run it back

• Like 3

No, Nate shouldn't be fired. This is the first time I've seen him get totally outcoached. It was depressing too watch and I'm glad Miami finished us. We literally had no answers. It felt like we had no will to counter punch. What happened to crisp ball movement and attacking the paint aggressively to draw fouls. JSMH

I’m gonna wait to vote but I was absolutely disgusted this game… ridiculously stubborn refusal to make any changes or deviate from whatever “gameplan” he may or may not have drawn up. Infuriating to watch us lose to a team without their two best players.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Q45T said:

I’m gonna wait to vote but I was absolutely disgusted this game… ridiculously stubborn refusal to make any changes or deviate from whatever “gameplan” he may or may not have drawn up. Infuriating to watch us lose to a team without their two best players.

Forget the two best player angle, the heat played like CRAP the entire game and were begging us to take the game and we didn't seem too interested in doing it outside of Hunter.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

The numbers say no. 

• Not even the loss in this series should matter as much.. I mean we were a 9 seed playing the top seed.   We were expected to lose.   Hell, we were expected to lose in the playin. 
  • We made the playoffs in a very strongly contested East. 
  • Think about it.  Cleveland didn't make the playoffs after the strong year they had and all the good players that they have.  And we were the reason. 
  • In the West, we would have been a 5 seed. 
  • We had a top rated offense. 
  • We were the most efficient team. 
  • We led the league in not turning the ball over. 
  • So our results were really good from a big picture point of view. 

BUT

Nate holds us back in other areas. 

• His rigid rotations. 
  • His minimalist offense. 
  • his Zone defense 2-3. 
  • Player development.

I said Nate should be fired but give him a good OC who can coach pace. 

40 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

He's a defensive coach who didn't really improve our defense. I'd rather go all in on an offensive coach who can be creative with the players we have.

You got to have defensive players to have good defense. 

• Like 2

I would say yes but only if you can for sure find or hire a coach that would be considered a for sure upgrade.  If you can't do that then i wouldn't fire him and then do what i can to give him a 2nd star to work with for 1 more season.

• Like 4

I’m gonna say give him another year. If we don’t go quite far next year and max on our potential then fire him next summer.

I believe he should get another go at it next year. It would be a surprise to see Travis give him the axe this early into signing him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m gonna say give him another year. If we don’t go quite far next year and max on our potential then fire him next summer.

I believe he should get another go at it next year. It would be a surprise to see Travis give him the axe this early into signing him. 

And the team was massively hobbled. I hate the way Nate coached this year and based on that alone would want him gone ASAP. But fact is, coaches like Spo don't grow on trees, if we move on from Nate far from a guarantee we get anyone better, and he showed last year what he could do with a relatively healthy team. Fluke? He should get one more season to prove it wasn't. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Posted this before, but this is probably going to turn into an evergreen tweet until the day Nate is finally fired sometime in the too distant future.

No, they don’t miss Melvin Hunt that’s a bunch of lazy journalism there Glen, don’t add $hit in there. Nobody misses Melvin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

No, they don’t miss Melvin Hunt that’s a bunch of lazy journalism there Glen, don’t add $hit in there. Nobody misses Melvin.

I don't think it's that they miss him, it's that they replacement was even worse than him.

Them "missing" Hunt because Prunty is trassh is like me preferring an alligator bite because getting mauled by a lion is worse.

• Haha 4