• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's a 4 to me for sure

what makes him a 4 FOR SURE?

We would all like him to develop into that, but what has he done to show that he is a 4 so far in his 98 games.

These are the top rated PFs.  What does OO do to fall in this class.

Top NBA power forwards for 2021-22: Ranking all 30 starters | Sporting News

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Detroit may be a problem if they trade their pick to Phx for Ayton. 

I'm really okay with Lavine and Ayton.  

I would prefer SGA and Ayton.  I'm not giving up JC to get either of them though. 

Then how are you getting them? You gotta give to get. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Lavine has been on my radar since this happened:

A lot of people back then were crying about his defense, but swap him for Bogi in the playoffs last year and we walk away with it.  It's not surprising to me that we would be targeting him.  It is surprising that it took so long.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

JC is a winning player and difficult to replace.   I think a JC for Lavine trade is a huge overpay in a SNT and wouldn't make us that much stronger unless we can find a suitable replacement at PF.  

Yeah, I'm not for these wings JC trade offer.  You can have Huerter, Bogi, or Gallo, but not JC.

The only reason I want Ayton is because he and JC are interchangeable on offense.  You'll get more of the old JC back who is rolling to the basket more because Ayton can pick and pop.  Ayton also has a post game that would replace Gallo's post ups.   Ayton solves both problems.  His defense is also good, rather some want to admit it or not.  He's not Clint yet, but he's def not terrible. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

JC is a winning player and difficult to replace.   I think a JC for Lavine trade is a huge overpay in a SNT and wouldn't make us that much stronger unless we can find a suitable replacement at PF.  

He is a winning player. I agree with that part.

As for a trade of LaVine for JC being an overpay. Idk about that. Make sense for both sides. I can understand the idea that this deal is better if we didn't include anyone that was in our core like Bogi and traded picks instead. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

As for a trade of LaVine for JC being an overpay. Idk about that. Make sense for both sides. 

Doesn't make sense for the Hawks if you ask me.  I'd want to retain JC to have a quality front court with depth (Okongwu) being that center we can put out there when team play small ball and not lose anything. 

• Premium Member

(Going back into hibernation after this one... at least until right before the draft... and at least in terms of posting... will continue to read. Wish I could stay and play, believe me. Don't beat each other up too bad in the meantime, okay?)

Presenting this off-season's Too Early 17-Man Roster...

2022-05-24_11-53-19.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

As for a trade of LaVine for JC being an overpay. Idk about that. Make sense for both sides. I can understand the idea that this deal is better if we didn't include anyone that was in our core like Bogi and traded picks instead. 

Lavine is an all star caliber shooting guard. Chicago will want a lot, and will have plenty of good offers on the table. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Doesn't make sense for the Hawks if you ask me.  I'd want to retain JC to have a quality front court with depth (Okongwu) being that center we can put out there when team play small ball and not lose anything. 

No disrespect, I see Okongwu as a 4 long term. Maybe he's a 5 when he gets old.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know this fact 

They are planning to leave this offseason with LaVine and one of Ayton or Gobert to put next to Trae. 

They want to put a couple legit all stars around Trae. 

(Okay, just one more...)

Two thoughts.

1) Any idea how you do that without blowing up the "young-core" part of the roster in some significant way?

2) I was relieved to read your post that said that they do not have interest in doing that... so, just respectfully interested to know how you reconcile those two seemingly distinctly different actions.

The only way I see us having to give up JC in a LaVine S&T is if Zach approves a handful of teams for Chicago to make the deal with and they get to pick the best offer. Maybe he does this out of some loyalty to CHI.

Otherwise, Bogi and salary fillers to match plus a pick is my offer. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

None taken and I hope I'm not coming off as disrespectful.  I see the exact opposite.  He's a 5 now and maybe a 4 when he gets older. 

I don't look at his size to determine what he is.  I see how he plays and he's a modern small ball center all day.  Especially with him not shooting any jump shots. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In a SnT it is. 

The Bulls SnT'd Derozan for Thaddeus Young, Al-Farouq Aminu, a first rounder and two seconds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Maybe long term, but not next season as a 4. Saw nothing from him this season to say he can man the 4 consistently for this upcoming season - he would have to have a very transformative offseason.  I hope he does.

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They will not have plenty of good offers in a sign and trade.  The player decides where they want to go.  If Chicago doesn't do it, he just leaves and goes somewhere else without Chicago getting anything in return. 

Does he want to sign here? Plenty of teams will want him. Would be nice though 

• Premium Member

Teams never get full value return in SnT trade deals particularly when teams have capspace and particularly for RFAs.

Example: The Pelicans received Satoransky, Temple and a 2nd rounder from the Bulls for Lonzo Ball SnT

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Does he want to sign here? Plenty of teams will want him. Would be nice though 

Not really sure.  He's signed with Clutch so they may want to match up their two stars with Trae and Lavine.  

We are just discussing what the Hawks would have to give up in he wanted to come here. 

• Like 1