• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, sturt said:

Here's something you can almost count on... not just here... not just on sports forums... not just on social media in general...

When you present a conclusion, and you present the substance supporting that conclusion, and when someone has some way of responding with substance to counter yours...

That's exactly what they do.

And when they don't?

Well. Of course. They grasp for any possible deflection, and often... hey, we were all in 7th grade once, right(?)... it attempts some degree of cutting humor.

I get it.

But intelligent people aren't distracted. They see it for what it is. Rhetorical gamesmanship... and a nothing sandwich.

Can. NOT. Believe. This post didn't even get a single "like". Not even one (!) . Right? How'd that happen.

Might have to *bump* all over again.

TxLPsNfI9A=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

I think we underestimate how much Trae wants to play with Simmons. 

I was watching Trae's interview with Reddick.   The interesting thing to me is that Trae was very understanding of why Simmons passed off... almost credited Simmons for making the right play.  Was a big defender of Simmons'  basketball skill.     Despite what the the inside voices are saying right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a major pitch to Brooklyn for Simmons.  And right now, fans in Brooklyn are so threw with Simmons, they nobody would miss him. 

Could be Gallo/Kev/1st for Simmons. 

I had the same takeaway.

As much as I hate that I had it.

And. Have said before, indeed, Trae's not wrong... Simmons did make the right play. It's all the context around it that made it blow up in his face (and head) as it did.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Manu put up 33.1 win shares

Mind you... part of the equation of "win shares" is.... indeed... wins.

SAS during the Ginobili first four years? A lot of wins.

60 + 57 + 59 + 63 = 239

ATL wins during the Huerter years? Not quite so much.

29 + 20 + 41 + 43 = 133

One *cough* hundred less.

And BogBog? Not much better.

27 + 39 + 31 (SAC) + 41 (ATL) his first four years = 138

That said, Manu's defense, as the poster suggested, is the other element that does set him apart from KVon and BogBog. There's no argument there.

But. Again. How many times do I have to say it? Please don't make me.

Okay, you made me. You didn't have a chance to post what you were thinking, but reader, I read your mind... you were thinking "What is this thing that you don't want to say again?" Don't lie.

KVon is two years away yet from Manu's age when he broke into the league.

Too many people know KVon (and the rest) are still young, but in your minds, you've got him/them all past 25, if not well past 25.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, sturt said:

Can. NOT. Believe. This post didn't even get a single "like". Not even one (!) . Right? How'd that happen.

Might have to *bump* all over again.

TxLPsNfI9A=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

The majority on the message board have made up their minds about certain player and believe the grass will be greener with new players. John and Kevin just happens to be the players posters feel have peaked out at 23. It Ayton is the prize this off season, he will be the scape goat in 2 years. He should probably talk to Bogdan and Capela before agreeing to a sign and trade to Atlanta.

3 minutes ago, warcore said:

I didn't watch this game.... did that really stand as an offensive foul because Luka was crying?

No, the foul call was overturned.  Luka should have received a technical for flopping and grabbing his face, even though he was not hit in the face.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The majority on the message board have made up their minds about certain player and believe the grass will be greener with new players. John and Kevin just happens to be the players posters feel have peaked out at 23. It Ayton is the prize this off season, he will be the scape goat in 2 years.

Yes, I admit I have 100% made my mind up that Huerter and Bogi are NOT the next Manu's.   

I've also decided that Collins is NOT the next Karl Malone.  Heck, he's closer to being Post Malone than Karl Malone.

And I've gotten really crazy and decided that Hunter is NOT Kawhi lite.

I know, I know, I'm so closed minded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 5/21/2022 at 10:19 AM, NBASupes said:

From his contacts and this is basically what I’ve put together from our conversations over the last couple of weeks. Teams feel Atlanta is looking to improve their guard play this offseason.

They don’t get the vibe that Capela is available outside of a few teams. They don’t get the feel that Kevin Huerter or De’Andre Hunter is available. They don’t get the feel that JC is truly available. They don’t believe Okongwu is available at all. In other words, Atlanta been declining a lot of offers and teams have tried but Atlanta goals are clear and it’s hard to meet them from many team’s perspective. His WAS contact who’s said Atlanta been in contact with them a lot, it wouldn’t shock them if the bench was massively different but the starters were all the same.

Just now got around to reading this.

I couldn't be happier if Supes' contact is right on what he relayed. None of the young core should be on the market until 2023 at the earliest. And Capela probably shouldn't be.

Gallo is obviously marked for sale. Obviously.

BogBog is someone I figure they have to talk about because he just hasn't been able to stay healthy enough, and besides, his salary likely is needed for matching purposes for any deal of any gravity. Gallo's number is $5m unless/until we would guarantee the full $20m (as I understood it from previous @JayBirdHawk analysis)... and so with BogBog's $18m, that opens up the opportunity to an asset making as much as $28.85m... throw in a 1st or two, and you have yourself a plausible recipe for a major acquisition to add to that young core.

Whatever you acquire, it almost has to significantly signal that you're damn serious about upgrading the defensive numbers for 2022-23. That, to me, is the easiest determinant in deciding if a mocked trade stands any chance of happening... if the asset coming back isn't renowned as a strong defender, probably not happening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

So according to our metrics I have 7700 posts and have been posting on this iteration of the board since 2002.  20 years, 385 posts a year.  That seems a bit low, even with the breaks I've taken. The secret it seems, as with all things where you want a top score on dismount, is not the speed of your fingers but stamina.

I’m a volume passer scorer and overal winner.

-said mama spud :huh:

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, shakes said:

Yes, I admit I have 100% made my mind up that Huerter and Bogi are NOT the next Manu's.   

I've also decided that Collins is NOT the next Karl Malone.  Heck, he's closer to being Post Malone than Karl Malone.

And I've gotten really crazy and decided that Hunter is NOT Kawhi lite.

I know, I know, I'm so closed minded.

If you thought that you would get Karl Malone for $25 mil per season then I agree with you.

• Moderators

If we move on from Gallo and Bogi then that should give us close to $40 million to work with right?   We should know by now that we want someone who is good value at $30 per because having a bunch of $15-20 per guys won't get it done.  

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If we move on from Gallo and Bogi then that should give us close to $40 million to work with right?   We should know by now that we want someone who is good value at $30 per because having a bunch of $15-20 per guys won't get it done.  

I hope you realize that you can't just cut players to free up cap space. Gallo is the exception because only 5 mil is guaranteed next year but they are still on the hook for the 5 mil.

19 hours ago, marco102 said:

Trae has stressed he wanted another ball handler to take some of the pressure off him.  Not so shocking to me when you've read their threads about what Trae wants.

Good point. He has said this.

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not shocking. It's a WING league. Guys that can score themselves and able to set up others are the premium....Hawks are more in need of another guy that can do this. Not so much a guy that needs Trae to get him his points. That's why I don't want Gobert and his $40 mil - that's too much to invest in that position without changing and upgrading the Trae dynamic.

I understand it’s a wing league but I’m going based off how Trae plays …putting a scoring big man next to Trae like Ayton who can also go and get his own shot seems like a better fit to me and perfect match oppose to someone like Lavine who’s a good scoring wing but to me not necessarily a natural fit.

of course I’m basing this on how we’ve seen Trae perform on the court with his often use of screens and I believe if Trae had a big man that’s more than just a rim runner (someone like Ayton)…it would be huge compliment to Traes style. 

• Like 1