• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

putting a scoring big man next to Trae like Ayton who can also go and get his own shot seems like a better fit to me

I didn't watch Ayton during the regular season but I did see him in the playoffs and I saw none of what you just described. When the Suns desperately needed buckets in that Dallas series, Ayton was a no show.  Or maybe there is another guy named Ayton in the league... if so never mind.

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I didn't watch Ayton during the regular season but I did see him in the playoffs and I saw none of what you just described. When the Suns desperately needed buckets in that Dallas series, Ayton was a no show.  Or maybe there is another guy named Ayton in the league... if so never mind.

It’s not really a fair judgement when the offense is not ran through Ayton as a first or second option. CP3, Booker, and the Wings all get more opportunity to flourish in their offensive style due to focus on taking 3s. As talented as Ayton is they are not using his full offensive ability which I once hears his camp says frustrates him …and for good reason it should!

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I was reading this last night. I know wings are the thing but you get a motivated Ayton with a guy like Trae. I would look into this for sure if I’m Schlenk.

Thanks! Glad someone gets it. But he’s not a primary target over getting a scoring wing so there’s that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

Thanks! Glad someone gets it. But he’s not a primary target over getting a scoring wing so there’s that.

Depends he could be. He’s the #1 big out there and he’s better than any wing available to me. Unless someone suddenly becomes available.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JTB said:

It’s not really a fair judgement when the offense is not ran through Ayton as a first or second option. CP3, Booker, and the Wings all get more opportunity to flourish in their offensive style due to focus on taking 3s. As talented as Ayton is they are not using his full offensive ability which I once hears his camp says frustrates him …and for good reason it should!

So if you haven't seen him do it then why are you confident that he actually can???

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Because last year's playoffs he did exactly that. He also was putting up really good numbers in the regular season until they shifted the offense from him and his usage got eaten up by a lot of mouths to feed.

Ayton is easily the best center we can potentially get.

Why would the coach of the year see Chris Paul looking like absolute garbage while the team was doubling Booker leaving Ayton with a 1 on 1 match up with Maxi Kleber and take his chance with Paul or Booker? How is this different that what we saw from the Hawks???

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why would the coach of the year see Chris Paul looking like absolute garbage while the team was doubling Booker leaving Ayton with a 1 on 1 match up with Maxi Kleber and take his chance with Paul or Booker? How is this different that what we saw from the Hawks???

You know the guy with the ball in  his hands controls who gets the ball more than the coach that lets the point guard run the offense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I would like him too but I think OKC would want the moon for him.  But I think we should try to see what Brooklyn wants for Simmons, he will fit with Trae like a glove and we will take care of our weaknesses.

He'd also create new weaknesses. I don't think Capela could be our starting center anymore if we got Simmons.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You know the guy with the ball in  his hands controls who gets the ball more than the coach that lets the point guard run the offense. 

So a hall of fame point guard and the coaches missed all of this untapped potential over a 2 year period? I'm assuming Paul and Booker would know a player when they saw one and both came to the conclusion he ain't it. How can everybody be wrong about this player???

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So if you haven't seen him do it then why are you confident that he actually can???

Because the games when they do go to Ayton which is rare he’s always putting up impressive numbers. He’s also shown more than enough offensive versatility in the 17 pts per game he avgs.

I don’t know if you think Ayton is a rim runner or something (hopefully not)….if so you must have not even watched him in college I’m assuming. The whole reason Ayton even went number 1 was due to his natural ability to score well in the post. He hasn’t lost that skill set it’s just a lost style in todays nba.

Aytons biggest flaw coming out of college was his defensive ability but similar to Collins he worked on it and now a two way center but of course his offense ability is still his bread and butter!…there’s a reason teams will be lining up to give Ayton a max deal and not even think about it.

Ayton is easily the best free agent and highly possible trade this off season. He also flourishes in the pick in ways capela cannot. It’s a shame Ayton isn’t the hawks primary target at all cost even over Lavine.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

Because the games when they do go to Ayton which is rare he’s always putting up impressive numbers. He’s also shown more than enough offensive versatility in the 17 pts per game he avgs.

Didn't Capela average 15/14 last year so 2ppg will make that big of a difference?

• Confused 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Didn't Capela average 15/14 last year so 2ppg will make that big of a difference?

This is the problem when people look at stats and don’t watch the player. 

It’s the same exact reason Collins stat years where he avg 20 or close to it should be taken with a grain of salt because Collins cannot get these pts off his own ability. It always involves the elite passing of Trae. The only thing you can credit collins with is that he’s a fantastic and efficient shooter and finisher but ask him to beat his man off the dribble or take advantage of a 1 on 1 matchup and he can’t do it because he cannot create on his own.

Capela is the same way …he gets all his pts from strictly rim running. Capela cant work the post the way Ayton does. Capela cant score with his back to the basket consistently or even hit a 10 foot jumpers. Capela doesn’t have the touch Ayton has around the goal. You can’t judge a player because he wasn’t the main focal point of Teams offense once they traded for CP3. Ayton don’t shoot 3s he stays along the baseline and set screens. Ayton does what’s asked  ….suns offense game plan is to get good looks from the 3pt line not throw the ball down low and get post ups for Ayton. Suns rather play a live and die by the 3 type of offense opposed to a balanced one.

Hawks need a guy who can go get hard 2 when need be outside of Trae and not rely solely on Trae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

If we move on from Gallo and Bogi then that should give us close to $40 million to work with right?

BogBog's $18m can bring back as much an asset being paid as much as $23m (... or $22.5 if the deal puts us over the tax threshold).

Gallo's guaranteed number of $5m can bring back an asset of as much as $8.85m. That's the more likely scenario than us guaranteeing his $21,450,000, and then trading him, ie, b/c it would have to be a very unique situation where a team would be content with paying him that.

So, the likelihood is that the most we would have to work with is 23 + 8.85 = 31.85m (... someone correct me if I'm missing something, of course).