• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Does he want to sign here? Plenty of teams will want him. Would be nice though 

Do we know for sure and with absolute certainty - NO.  But there are enough rumors, first here on the Squawk and now later the usual national rumor writers:

"The Bulls are fully expecting LaVine to take visits, be wined and dined, and explore the unrestricted free agency he has earned." Additionally, four teams have already been linked to LaVine - Lakers, Trail Blazers, Mavericks, and Hawks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They are planning to leave this offseason with LaVine and one of Ayton or Gobert to put next to Trae.

Damn, that's big. I love it! Go big or go home I guess.

@NBASupes, if we had to flip one of JC or Hunter as part of these deals, who do you think our front office is more willing to part with?

Alternatively, who do you think has more value around the league between JC and Hunter?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Damn, that's big. I love it! Go big or go home I guess.

@NBASupes, if we had to flip one of JC or Hunter as part of these deals, who do you think our front office is more willing to part with?

Alternatively, who do you think has more value around the league between JC and Hunter?

None of them.  You don't need to give up either in those trades. 

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My source confirmed that is the plan. We are leaving the door open with our talks to OKC about SGA/#2 pick but "the plan" is to get Lavine and either Ayton or Gobert on the team. So next year's team will have Trae, Lavine. Ayton/Gobert (that is the preference of who we want btw) as the big three pieces. Literally anyone else besides Trae is up for grabs as well including our picks and the Hornets pick.

Unless the basketball gods move heaven and earth for us (which they've never done), I don't see OKC letting SGA go, but I'm glad we are at least engaged and trying! 

Either way, that's a solid big 3! Hoping we can keep one of Hunter or JC....preferably Hunter. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My source confirmed that is the plan. We are leaving the door open with our talks to OKC about SGA/#2 pick but "the plan" is to get Lavine and either Ayton or Gobert on the team. So next year's team will have Trae, Lavine. Ayton/Gobert (that is the preference of who we want btw) as the big three pieces. Literally anyone else besides Trae is up for grabs as well including our picks and the Hornets pick.

The plan should be give up whatever you can to get SGA and Ayton.  

I wonder if the front office just believes it's easier to get Lavine over SGA.  

Are you saying we would want SGA and the number 2 pick?  I might be down for that if they could swing it.  Anybody but Trae in that case. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

None of them.  You don't need to give up either in those trades. 

I agree on the LaVine S&T.

Ayton/Gobert - Cap is obviously out. But my gut tells me we would have to part with either Hunter or JC too. But I'd love to be proven wrong here lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I agree on the LaVine S&T.

Ayton/Gobert - Cap is obviously out. But my gut tells me we would have to part with either Hunter or JC too. But I'd love to be proven wrong here lol

The suns already have pretty good wings out there though.  If we were to ship anyone out with that one, it may be gallo.  Bogi gets the Lavine trade done I believe, but I haven't ran the nimbers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The suns already have pretty good wings out there though.  If we were to ship anyone out with that one, it may be gallo.  Bogi gets the Lavine trade done I believe, but I haven't ran the nimbers. 

Agreed. We're mostly on the same page here. With Phoenix being in win-now mode, I think it'll be hard for them to find a center on the open market better than Cap who fits their timeline. If that's the case and it just takes Gallo too, you have to do that deal.

• Like 2

Chicago has to agree to a SnT and they won’t take salary filler. They are not taking “Bogi and filler.” The market for Lavine is very different than the one for Derozan or Lonzo Ball. Worst case, Bulls can just let him walk and not take our scraps. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not sure honestly. I was told they would prefer to keep their core to make additions and Okongwu is the one they aren't moving but everyone else could be moved but they have a core 5. Capela, Hunter, JC and Kevin. Trae obviously is untouchable. I don't know the Hawks pecking order. I do know that they want to add two max level guys to Trae. 

Do the potential deals for Gobert and Ayton both include Hunter? I figured it did for Gobert. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, BangHolman said:

When it comes to Lavine vs Syda, I like that we at least have a height difference between him and Trae. It's like massively upgrading Bogi or Kev at the SG spot at minimum.

I don't have a problem with Lavine.   Just understand that his defense is not much better than Mitchell's.   Even with height. 

Just now, DS5 said:

Chicago has to agree to a SnT and they won’t take salary filler. They are not taking “Bogi and filler.” The market for Lavine is very different than the one for Derozan or Lonzo Ball. Worst case, Bulls can just let him walk and not take our scraps. 

And be a lot worst. If they let Lavine go, they have about $22 million to fill out the roster without signing any of their pending free agents. Who on the market is as good as Bogi or Huerter that they can get at SG for $22 million?

Not saying your point isn't valid, but it'll be beneficial for them to do it to get a pick and a starting level shooting guard. If Bogi is healthy he is very good.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

what makes him a 4 FOR SURE?

We would all like him to develop into that, but what has he done to show that he is a 4 so far in his 98 games.

These are the top rated PFs.  What does OO do to fall in this class.

Top NBA power forwards for 2021-22: Ranking all 30 starters | Sporting News

Ooh... let me answer..

Answer:  Be too short to be a traditional Center. 

That's all  there is... he has never played PF and doesn't have the skillset.   That's like saying Jimmy Butler is a PG.  Give me break...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

And be a lot worst. If they let Lavine go, they have about $22 million to fill out the roster without signing any of their pending free agents. Who on the market is as good as Bogi or Huerter that they can get at SG for $22 million?

Not saying your point isn't valid, but it'll be beneficial for them to do it to get a pick and a starting level shooting guard. If Bogi is healthy he is very good.

I hope you’re right! I just don’t see it, and I think they’ll have better offers than Bogi or Huerter. I guess Lavine could force his way and say Atlanta is the only team he’ll sign for but I don’t see that happening either. 

• Like 1