The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why are we acting like Nate is Pop or Phil Jackson

Right, but here's the thing... neither is Schlenk Jerry West or Bob Myers.

Cue the Dixie Chicks... MI0000184624.jpg?partner=allrovi.com&ehk

The urgency for all in any kind of management role is acute now. They all need to see 22-23 go really well, and the point here being... they're all going to act like it.

Schlenk, thusly, can't be making deals for the next coach's success. He has to make them with this coach in-mind.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Nonsense. I'm comparing basketball players, and irrefutably a player with greater talent is a player who is going to make players around him better, and for his team to be more likely to have success.

I stand by what I said. Nique took some shots he should have. And he took a lot of shots he shouldn't have.

I understand you standing by what you said and all but it doesn't make it factual.   You can be a great facilitator however, championships are made by guys who can produce when you need them to produce.   It's why nobody mentioned Magic, Bird, Isaiah, Stockton, Nash, Kidd, or Paul in the same breath with Michael Jordan.   It would be ludicrous to say that they are comparable.. and I have named the best facilitators this game has seen versus the greatest scorer that this game has seen since Wilt.  It's why the real Big O is not on anybody's Mt. Rushmore.   You can talk day and night about Making teammates better but sometimes your gravity does that better than any pass can. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Where are the Hawks right now?  Once Miami locked in on stopping Trae Young and broke his confidence, the Hawks were finished.  Young finished that series doing what he should be doing all the time, and thats feeding Hunter and the other players IN RHYTHM where they KNOW they gonna get the ball from him.  It was too late by the time they countered the Heat with TEAM offense.  If the Hawks went into next season playing offense like they did in that elimination game, then we could talk.  Don't get me started on Trae not playing defense.

image.jpeg.223f54857d6ec695d632ab542fb2df34.jpeg

This is a blind man's version of what happened.   Miami was aided by the fact that Trae didn't have any of his normal weapons to work with.   Miami didn't break his confidence, it was evident that with three people guarding Trae, somebody had to be open.  Usually it was Hunter because Miami calculated that he would not try to score inside.  When Hunter finally realized that he can score inside, his game flourished.   That's the whole story...  Gallo sucked.  Bogi Sucked.  Kev Sucked.  OO sucked.   Trae had no good options and for a while Hunter sucked. 

Here's the litmus...

If Miami played us at Full strength do you think that they can employ the same defense and win?

This is the problem with most Hawks fans... They would say yes and ignore 2 years of data.

Just saw a FakeGM blurb about Bogd having had knee surgery a few weeks ago.  Expected recovery time about 3 months.  Man I hate that he had a knee injury.  He really could've been a good running mate for us.

And at least we can confirm he actually had a serious injury.  Not like some folks that yell from the mountaintops that they're hurt.

Then, once they get ousted by the Hawks, they don't even need knee surgery.

🤨

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Just saw a FakeGM blurb about Bogd having had knee surgery a few weeks ago.  Expected recovery time about 3 months.  Man I hate that he had a knee injury.  He really could've been a good running mate for us.

And at least we can confirm he actually had a serious injury.  Not like some folks that yell from the mountaintops that they're hurt.

Then, once they get ousted by the Hawks, they don't even need knee surgery.

🤨

It kills his trade value immensely!

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Right, but here's the thing... neither is Schlenk Jerry West or Bob Myers.

Cue the Dixie Chicks... MI0000184624.jpg?partner=allrovi.com&ehk

The urgency for all in any kind of management role is acute now. They all need to see 22-23 go really well, and the point here being... they're all going to act like it.

Schlenk, thusly, can't be making deals for the next coach's success. He has to make them with this coach in-mind.

I agree..lol...  It's do or die for Travis too..... Or at least it should be.. If he trades up to 4 or 7 he better hope that pick works out.. Trae really saved this man.. lol.. Had he busts he might be gone already.. 

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

There are several guys ( @Sothron, @NBASupes, and @thecampster) who I talk to consistently who also say this. 

Capela is the guy some of the coaches and CP3 wants in PHX so the interest is mutual. I do wonder if CP3 never played with Capela and had great success would he want Clint or would he look for brand names like so many others guys around the league look for when they give what they want in the offseason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

It kills his trade value immensely!

Well, I wonder.  IF his knee is healed now and him comes back to his form of 2 seasons ago.. do we want to trade him??

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Capela is the guy some of the coaches and CP3 wants in PHX so the interest is mutual. I do wonder if CP3 never played with Capela and had great success would he want Clint or would he look for brand names like so many others guys around the league look for when they give what they want in the offseason. 

I mean Capela and CP3 were a good match.  Clint would make their defense even better.  

Seems like it would make sense for both teams, if Ayton wants to come to Atlanta. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I mean Capela and CP3 were a good match.  Clint would make their defense even better.  

Seems like it would make sense for both teams, if Ayton wants to come to Atlanta. 

Based on how they use Ayton, Capela would make them a better team. Means they can start Cam Johnson instead of Jae Crowder who has to start because they need another strong defender next to Ayton. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

hace 11 minutos, Diesel dijo:

Let's say we do get Ayton for Cap and 2 1st rounders (Future)...

Do you trust:

Ayton/JC/Hunter/Bogi/Trae as your starters or do we need to make another move?

If so.. why?

No, we still need to make a move for a SG, one that can defend. Bogi, Gallo, Huerter can be moved. Lavigne, Brogdon could be good targets. Sort could also be a good fit, even Bruce Brown

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

No, we still need to make a move for a SG, one that can defend. Bogi, Gallo, Huerter can be moved. Lavigne, Brogdon could be good targets. Sort could also be a good fit, even Bruce Brown

The asking price is too high for Brodgon and their are teams would be willing to meet that price. 

LaVine agent is still putting out that all teams who's he's interested in has a shot but CHI is willing to pay for him so he's likely returning to CHI. 

• Like 1

hace 3 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

The asking price is too high for Brodgon and their are teams would be willing to meet that price. 

LaVine agent is still putting out that all teams who's he's interested in has a shot but CHI is willing to pay for him so he's likely returning to CHI. 

Well, if that is the case let's make the OKC trade and get Dort.

In my opinion

Trae/Dort/Hunter/JC/Ayton works beter 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Huh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Well, if that is the case let's make the OKC trade and get Dort.

In my opinion

Trae/Dort/Hunter/JC/Ayton works beter 

I don't get all this love for middling guys.   Dort is not that great... he's less than Kev.  Honestly.   We just want to trade just to trade is what it sounds like.   I say we just resign Delon and platoon that SG position correctly... if we can't find a ball handling 2 who can play defense. 

• Thanks 1